FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The All new NFL Chat thread including playoff talk
::A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3098No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 200519 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Aug 22 08:0416th Aug 22 12:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Norv needs to go mate. but I also think it may be time for rivers to say goodbye. he is too inconsistent for me and id be happy to to try and trade someone to get a high draft pick next season. lost faith in a lot of the charger starters this season.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3098No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 200519 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Aug 22 08:0416th Aug 22 12:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I wouldnt rule out denver for making the superbowl. Manning is leading from the front and with thomas and decker he is making easy passes and TDs.
DAR130 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3383No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 200617 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jul 19 14:516th Jan 14 18:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Harrigan wrote:
Who is monsters of the Midway?

If your asking about the fantasy league it's me.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200420 years61st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 17:4527th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Agree with cas all the way about Rivers. I have never really seen why he gets so highly rated. I'd put him alongside Jay Cutler, he will probably get some decent stats at the end of every year but well short of the top QBs.

Not sure about Denver for the SB although if we get some momentum between now and the end of the season who knows. We need to tighten the defense and not go behind in every game. Manning is doing what he was brought to do though, which is make sure Denver scores points. If our D gets its act together we can be a top side because Manning puts pressure on the opposition by just chucking completion after completion and moving Denver up the field fast.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 14 12:013rd Sep 14 19:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

duke street 10 wrote:
Does anybody think the Texans,Falcons or Bears have the legs or nerve to go all the way this year?.

I said at the start of the season it would be a Giants v Ravens Superbowl...probably miss on the Ravens prediction but get the feeling the "seen it,done it" teams in the playoffs will get there again.

All 3 could, the most likely being the Texans, but i doubt any of them do.

The Bears are a great defence but they are beatable by a good accurate QB, which they would face in the playoffs. The reason we have the beating of them is Rodgers is deadly accurate. He very rarely puts it anywhere other than where the WR can get it and you'll hardly ever see a Packers WR getting cleaned out with a big hit because of that. They don't give up big plays that often so you need a QB capable of taking the short stuff but willing to throw it deep when it is there (ie Rodgers, Eli, Brees etc). Offence is pretty hot and cold for them and you can rattle Cutler.

The Texans are a very good team in a weak AFC. Wouldn't suprise me if they are in the Superbowl.

The Falcons are pretenders. I refuse to accept that they are the real deal until they consistently beat good teams outdoors. They benefit massively from playing indoors and aren't as good away from the Georgia Dome. Plus they have been completely terrible in the playoffs. I think they will be #1 seed and bounced out at the first chance.

The 49ers will not win anything with Alex Smith as a QB. It is as simple as that.

The Denver Manning's have a very good shot too in a weak AFC.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1918No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 25 200914 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 23 10:5820th Nov 22 08:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Sounds like the wheels could be falling off the Falcons bandwagon, and whats happening with the Giants :shock:

Im a little worried for the Seahawks today, looks the easiest home game on paper so far put have a feeling the Jets could cause an upset.
RedTez 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2464No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jan 17 16:2119th Jun 15 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

cas all the way wrote:
Norv needs to go mate. but I also think it may be time for rivers to say goodbye. he is too inconsistent for me and id be happy to to try and trade someone to get a high draft pick next season. lost faith in a lot of the charger starters this season.

Who would you put in? Charlie Whitehurst? Why trade up when you have a upper echolon QB on the team? There is no way that the Chargers cut Rivers, no way on earth. There would be at least 20 teams after him if he was cut, probably more. The pick 6 was probably the worst play I've seen him make in his time in SD. Terrible, but he put the team on his back. Without him, our offense would be nothing. We have a joke of an oline - without Gaither I'd say we have one solid piece in Vasquez, a decling centre in Hardwick and 3 well below average players in Clary, Green and the undrafted rookie Harris. Th fact that he had us in it was nothing short of incredible. He had pressure in his face all day. Another point is when Norv goes, the offensive play caller and master mind, Rivers' experience in the offense for the last 7 years is all we'd have left. We need to build a line to support him rather than cut him. To be honest, I'm not suprised a dirty donkey isn't impressed with him.

We have lost 3 games this year on our own. That was a joke last night. I agree that Norv needs to go, but I hope it won't be until the end of the year to be honest. No point getting shut now with no replacement offensive play caller in the organisation. Chip Kelly would be the sexy pick up, but I'm not convinced the Ducks system will translate to the NFL to well, moreover I don't think we have the players to give it a good shot. I'll nail my colours to the mast now and say that McCoy will be our next HC. He's done a very solid job at Denver and think he will get his shot in SD. His CV looks the part, I just don't know enough about him to say whether he has the character that this team needs to push them to the next level. I don't see a big time head coach coming in due to 2 reasons - AJ Smith won't get fired and Spanos won't pay top dollar.

In other news, I can see why Bucs fans get over excited bout their team. The commentators last night were loving them! They're a decent team, but you'd think that Josh Freeman was Tom Brady by the way that they were talking. I think they need to realise that the blocked punt was on Corey Lynch - an unblocked defender will cause havoc on a punt attempt, and Rivers bone head play had everything to do with him chancing his arm when he shouldn't have because of their shocking pass d to that point.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 14 12:013rd Sep 14 19:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rivers is not an upper echelon QB any more. He is middle of the road.

That said. I agree there is no way he should be let go.
Adamjk 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Nov 21 13:172nd Oct 16 14:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Yesterday had to be one of the most frustrating Rams games to watch ever. How we didn't win that game, I'll never know.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Feb 24 00:501st Feb 22 03:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

RedTez wrote:

In other news, I can see why Bucs fans get over excited bout their team. The commentators last night were loving them! They're a decent team, but you'd think that Josh Freeman was Tom Brady by the way that they were talking. I think they need to realise that the blocked punt was on Corey Lynch - an unblocked defender will cause havoc on a punt attempt, and Rivers bone head play had everything to do with him chancing his arm when he shouldn't have because of their shocking pass d to that point.

Was that first comment aimed at me? ;)

Ok, I agree I got a little over excited at the potential of this team after the 2010 season and last year came crashing back down to Earth. This year though I have been staying quiet and trying not to get carried away. Schiano has brough discipline to this team though and a great work ethic. Under Raheem, when we fell behind the heads would drop, we would give away 10 stupid penalties a game and would end up getting blown out. Now we fight for the full 60, as shown in the Giants game kneel down play. Freeman has been on fire since the bye week and in his last 5 games has a 13/1 TD-Int ratio, throwing for over 1400 yards in that time too. Martin is a real find late in the 1st and if he stays injury free will have a very good career in the NFL. For the 1st time I remember we have weapons all across the offensive line with 2 very good WRs in VJax and Mike Williams. The addition of Jackson also means Williams has come on massively this year and is no longer getting marked out of the game. The biggest thing for me though, and I used to talk about him every game last year, is not having Olsen calling the offensive plays any more. We have really opened it up and now our OC trusts Freeman, we are seeing better play all round. This is an exciting time to be a Bucs fan and the crowds are starting to come back and make some noise. If we finish the season well and get above .500 then I expect to see less blackouts next year.

Oh and as for the blocked punt, I knew something good was going to happen from a mile off as soon as you saw him coming from the outside. Great worked play pulled off perfectly. Like I said, it all comes down to this new discipline.
Last edited by Harrigan on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PreviousNext