WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ashes - Down Under 2013/14

Board index Other Forums Other Sports Ashes - Down Under 2013/14

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:21 am  

roopy wrote:
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1958
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
I was reading yesterday that Ben Stokes is the son of former Kiwi Rugby League player Ged Stokes, and that he moved to England in his teens when his father got a coaching job and still talks with a Kiwi accent.
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:22 am  

roopy wrote:
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1958
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
I was reading yesterday that Ben Stokes is the son of former Kiwi Rugby League player Ged Stokes, and that he moved to England in his teens when his father got a coaching job and still talks with a Kiwi accent.
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:31 am  

User avatarSheldon wrote:
Sheldon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 22320
Location: York
roopy wrote:
I was reading yesterday that Ben Stokes is the son of former Kiwi Rugby League player Ged Stokes, and that he moved to England in his teens when his father got a coaching job and still talks with a Kiwi accent.


Really? This must be a first in world sport.
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old.


The Reason wrote:
Hi Andy

The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.
 
 
Regards,
 
Matthew
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:00 am  

roopy wrote:
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1958
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
Sheldon wrote:
Really? This must be a first in world sport.
I reckon a first in world sport would be if they could find 11 actual poms good enough to play cricket for England, instead of a mix of south Africans, West Indian, Welsh, Irish, Zimbabwean, Kiwi and even the odd Aussie player.
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:10 am  

User avatarSheldon wrote:
Sheldon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 22320
Location: York
roopy wrote:
I reckon a first in world sport would be if they could find 11 actual poms good enough to play cricket for England, instead of a mix of south Africans, West Indian, Welsh, Irish, Zimbabwean, Kiwi and even the odd Aussie player.


It's the way our multicultural world is going. I know you're Australian and live out in the sticks but racism isn't cool anymore in civilised society.

Merry Christmas, it's only a game.
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old.


The Reason wrote:
Hi Andy

The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.
 
 
Regards,
 
Matthew
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:27 am  

User avatarStand-Offish wrote:
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 18355
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Normal service is resumed.
Pathetic England.
255 on an easy pitch.
Australia ....500 to come?
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 am  
TimperleySaint User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 3220
Stand-Offish wrote:
Normal service is resumed.
Pathetic England.
255 on an easy pitch.
Australia ....500 to come?


Might actually have a lead for once!!
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 am  

User avatarStand-Offish wrote:
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 18355
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Might actually have a lead for once!!

About bloody time.
Mind you they still haven't got Haddin out.
A century partnership for the last pair anyone?
You wouldn't put it past this sorry bunch.
Probably even this sorry bunch can finish them off quickly and, as you say, have a lead of maybe 70.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:54 am  
TimperleySaint User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 3220
Only Lyon to come, and if they can keep Haddin away from the strike they could polish it off quickly. Even with Haddin on strike, he might play a few shots like KP tried (idiotically!) and get himself out.

Be just like us to then get bowled out for 150 or less in the 2nd innings!
"I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else"
Re: Ashes - Down Under 2013/14 Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:11 am  

User avatarStand-Offish wrote:
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 18355
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Cook is truly useless as a proactive skipper.
He's just watching again.
While it goes tits up.
Out thank fook ...40 put on for the last wicket.
Pisssss poor short bowling.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Other Sports


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,055,8071,41778,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts