Board index Other Forums Other Sports Grande Depart

Post subject: Re: Grande Depart
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:09 pm 
Réseau 100% de Treiziste
Réseau 100% de Treiziste

It'll be last man standing at this rate. If Nibbles stays upright, he's got this. Hugely impressive ride up the Plank of the Beautiful Girls. Nobody has an answer to him right now.

johnpdobson.com

Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I just hope that with what we have left that this race will continue to be a spectacle. When we start getting to some proper alpine climbs I'm hoping that the likes of Costa, Valverde, Pinot, Porte etc can attack and get some time back on Nibali.

This years Vuelta is going to be a cracker. Do we think Team Sky will accomodate Froome and Wiggo for that?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:30 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Biggest tragedy of this year's race is we'll never know how good a race it could have been. Nibbles has been hugely impressive & may well have had more than enough to beat Contador/Froome but as it is he's just looked in a different league to everyone else on the road.

I get the feeling that if somebody was able to put pressure on him he's still got more in the tank but once again, sadly, we'll never know.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 am 
Réseau 100% de Treiziste
Réseau 100% de Treiziste

Gutted for Jack Bauer yesterday, although he spent too much time in the final 500m looking over his shoulder. Shades of Don Fox at the end, the poor lad.

johnpdobson.com

Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:29 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Yorkshire_Red wrote:Biggest tragedy of this year's race is we'll never know how good a race it could have been. Nibbles has been hugely impressive & may well have had more than enough to beat Contador/Froome but as it is he's just looked in a different league to everyone else on the road.

I get the feeling that if somebody was able to put pressure on him he's still got more in the tank but once again, sadly, we'll never know.

My feelings precisely. The Dauphine set some very interesting questions which I was looking forward to being answered during the Tour.

It would appear that we would have had a pretty good 2 or 3 way ding dong battle for the title this year between Nibbles, Contador and maybe Froome. I only say maybe Froome as I don't believe he was anywhere near his best.

What we're seeing now so far is Nibbles able to add more time to his lead whenever he feels like it. Valverde doesn't look like he has it.

What is interesting now though is whether there can be a Frenchman on the podium. That would be a great result for racing in France.

I was gutted for Jack Bauer yesterday but if he hadn't sat on the wheel the towards the end then I think they'd have made it. I've been a big fan of Garmin but I've gone off them a little this time round for dropping Millar in the belief that Talansky was a serious GC threat (even I could have told them that the only reason he won the Dauphine was because Contador sat looking at Froome for too long).

It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com