u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NRL GRAND FINAL

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity NRL GRAND FINAL

Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm
Posted by bren2k on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 653
Rep Position: 20th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
RWB wrote:
Roosters defence and a moment of brilliance from Latrell is what won that game, not a refereeing decision.


A moment of brilliance, created by a referee error; had the ref not sold the Raiders a pup with his 6 to go then quick reversal, that opportunity would not have arisen.
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:46 pm
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:46 pm
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 451
Rep Position: 54th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7629
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
The smirk from the water carrier said it all.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:14 pm
Posted by RWB on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:14 pm
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 270th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm
Posts: 212
bren2k wrote:
A moment of brilliance, created by a referee error; had the ref not sold the Raiders a pup with his 6 to go then quick reversal, that opportunity would not have arisen.


But how many moments of brilliance would we not have seen in any game ever if the refs got every call correct. If the ref got the Whitehead knock on correct CC would never have been sin binned and who knows how different the game would have been. It's not like a blatant knock on/offside etc has been given as a try, it was a different set of 6.
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:30 pm
Posted by The Avenger on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:30 pm
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 167
Rep Position: 163rd / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 3935
As I pointed out earlier, the rules state that the referee cannot change his decision unless prior foul play is involved. The Referee broke the rules by changing his mind but he’s only human and can make a mistake. However, having made the mistake he should have called for a scrum.
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm
Posted by RWB on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 270th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm
Posts: 212
The Avenger wrote:
As I pointed out earlier, the rules state that the referee cannot change his decision unless prior foul play is involved. The Referee broke the rules by changing his mind but he’s only human and can make a mistake. However, having made the mistake he should have called for a scrum.


Was that rule re-written when they introduced two refs? Because what happens when they make a different call?

Assuming that still applies then it is an even worse mistake, but.. get on with it. When we let Liam Marshall run the length from that 20m restart this season, that was the same play so much worse. Obviously not as much at stake but still these things happen. Yes ref made some poor decisions and its disappointing but not the reason the game was lost.
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:13 pm
Posted by The Avenger on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:13 pm
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 167
Rep Position: 163rd / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 3935
RWB wrote:
Was that rule re-written when they introduced two refs? Because what happens when they make a different call?

Assuming that still applies then it is an even worse mistake, but.. get on with it. When we let Liam Marshall run the length from that 20m restart this season, that was the same play so much worse. Obviously not as much at stake but still these things happen. Yes ref made some poor decisions and its disappointing but not the reason the game was lost.


It’s the rule in both ESL & NRL
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 am
Posted by bren2k on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 653
Rep Position: 20th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
RWB wrote:
Was that rule re-written when they introduced two refs? Because what happens when they make a different call?


My understanding is that each ref deals with a different thing, so they wouldn't be making different calls on the same thing - if that makes sense?

On your point about the CC sin-binning - he clearly tackled the man without the ball; it was a professional foul, and although I thought a sin-binning was harsh, it was technically the right call.

There is no defence for the referee changing his mind after calling 6 to go; he just got it wrong and in my view, it totally changed the game - which is a real shame at a showcase event, which was tight as a drum up to that point.
Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 pm
Posted by metallicat on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 pm
metallicat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 237th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 610
bren2k wrote:
My understanding is that each ref deals with a different thing, so they wouldn't be making different calls on the same thing - if that makes sense?

On your point about the CC sin-binning - he clearly tackled the man without the ball; it was a professional foul, and although I thought a sin-binning was harsh, it was technically the right call.

There is no defence for the referee changing his mind after calling 6 to go; he just got it wrong and in my view, it totally changed the game - which is a real shame at a showcase event, which was tight as a drum up to that point.

And i'd backed a field goal which was more likely at 8-8 :WALL:
Current Yorkshire Cup holders - Trinity
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aliw2001, Big lads mate, dboy, Redscat, scol1 and 80 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,039,83585478,0804,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
BRISBANE
0-59
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 2nd Jul 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 10th Jul 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 26th Jul 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 2nd Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 7th Aug 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 16th Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 21st Aug 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 30th Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Sat 5th Sep 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 11th Sep 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33