Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity NRL GRAND FINAL

Post subject: Re: NRL GRAND FINAL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

RWB wrote:Roosters defence and a moment of brilliance from Latrell is what won that game, not a refereeing decision.

A moment of brilliance, created by a referee error; had the ref not sold the Raiders a pup with his 6 to go then quick reversal, that opportunity would not have arisen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:46 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The smirk from the water carrier said it all.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:14 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

bren2k wrote:A moment of brilliance, created by a referee error; had the ref not sold the Raiders a pup with his 6 to go then quick reversal, that opportunity would not have arisen.

But how many moments of brilliance would we not have seen in any game ever if the refs got every call correct. If the ref got the Whitehead knock on correct CC would never have been sin binned and who knows how different the game would have been. It's not like a blatant knock on/offside etc has been given as a try, it was a different set of 6.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:30 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

As I pointed out earlier, the rules state that the referee cannot change his decision unless prior foul play is involved. The Referee broke the rules by changing his mind but he’s only human and can make a mistake. However, having made the mistake he should have called for a scrum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The Avenger wrote:As I pointed out earlier, the rules state that the referee cannot change his decision unless prior foul play is involved. The Referee broke the rules by changing his mind but he’s only human and can make a mistake. However, having made the mistake he should have called for a scrum.

Was that rule re-written when they introduced two refs? Because what happens when they make a different call?

Assuming that still applies then it is an even worse mistake, but.. get on with it. When we let Liam Marshall run the length from that 20m restart this season, that was the same play so much worse. Obviously not as much at stake but still these things happen. Yes ref made some poor decisions and its disappointing but not the reason the game was lost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:13 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

RWB wrote:Was that rule re-written when they introduced two refs? Because what happens when they make a different call?

Assuming that still applies then it is an even worse mistake, but.. get on with it. When we let Liam Marshall run the length from that 20m restart this season, that was the same play so much worse. Obviously not as much at stake but still these things happen. Yes ref made some poor decisions and its disappointing but not the reason the game was lost.

It’s the rule in both ESL & NRL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

RWB wrote:Was that rule re-written when they introduced two refs? Because what happens when they make a different call?

My understanding is that each ref deals with a different thing, so they wouldn't be making different calls on the same thing - if that makes sense?

On your point about the CC sin-binning - he clearly tackled the man without the ball; it was a professional foul, and although I thought a sin-binning was harsh, it was technically the right call.

There is no defence for the referee changing his mind after calling 6 to go; he just got it wrong and in my view, it totally changed the game - which is a real shame at a showcase event, which was tight as a drum up to that point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

bren2k wrote:My understanding is that each ref deals with a different thing, so they wouldn't be making different calls on the same thing - if that makes sense?

On your point about the CC sin-binning - he clearly tackled the man without the ball; it was a professional foul, and although I thought a sin-binning was harsh, it was technically the right call.

There is no defence for the referee changing his mind after calling 6 to go; he just got it wrong and in my view, it totally changed the game - which is a real shame at a showcase event, which was tight as a drum up to that point.

And i'd backed a field goal which was more likely at 8-8 :WALL:

Current Yorkshire Cup holders - Trinity

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:36 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com