Oct 23 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Dec 17 09:307th Dec 17 02:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:51 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
The council have a duty to consider all their ratepayers. I would expect that they must ask for a commercial rent to be applied or they would be in breach of their responsibilities.
If you were a resident of Featherstone and the council were to proceed on a peppercorn rent then would feel it was a good use of a council’s limited funds.
I would remind some that it was the club who withdrew from the arrangement, so I suppose unless they tell us why we will never know leaving some posters to make wild accusations which are currently based on nothing more than hear say or the famous man in the pub.

But this is not a council owned or funded project... the stadium will be owned and run by a community trust and the developers are still ... under the terms of the 106 agreement ... legally obliged to fund the project.. the Belle Vue bit was to facilitate the developers ability to make more from the development at Newmarket ...
RankPostsTeam
International Star1273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Dec 20 09:0113th Aug 20 06:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 am  
The council have a duty to consider all their ratepayers. I would expect that they must ask for a commercial rent to be applied or they would be in breach of their responsibilities.
If you were a resident of Featherstone and the council were to proceed on a peppercorn rent then would feel it was a good use of a council’s limited funds.
I would remind some that it was the club who withdrew from the arrangement, so I suppose unless they tell us why we will never know leaving some posters to make wild accusations which are currently based on nothing more than hear say or the famous man in the pub.

And as sure as night follows day, up he pops!

Let me remind you that the building of a Community Stadium should have been funded by yorkcourt from the proceeds of Newmarket! The council and therefore ratepayers, should not spend 1 penny on the community stadium. And we are not asking them too. The stadium should be funded entirely from the planning gain at Newmarket. All the council are doing are pump priming it. Ultimately they will be repaid. If they have the power to make yorkcourt perform?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200420 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 00:197th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:17 am  
Daddycool wrote:
And as sure as night follows day, up he pops!

Let me remind you that the building of a Community Stadium should have been funded by yorkcourt from the proceeds of Newmarket! The council and therefore ratepayers, should not spend 1 penny on the community stadium. And we are not asking them too. The stadium should be funded entirely from the planning gain at Newmarket. All the council are doing are pump priming it. Ultimately they will be repaid. If they have the power to make yorkcourt perform?

So are you now not asking for the £2million from the council again? I’ve lost where we are?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Dec 20 09:0113th Aug 20 06:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:26 am  
I reckon the extra £15 million Newmarket would generate would cover that...
RankPostsTeam
International Star5135
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years87th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 00:182nd Jun 24 16:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:34 am  
I knew one post from me would generate a reply, even from Cyprus. I regret that this just confuses things more because I am sure (but I am willing to be corrected) that the most recent plan involved the council and current owners rather than YC.
I expect you will want to put the clubs reasons why they withdrew when you return.
I only posted to make some on the forum think before they carried on making wild accusations and to point out that we are not the most important item on ratepayers mind and many would think it is not the council’s place to help what is a private company.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain61No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 23 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Dec 17 09:307th Dec 17 02:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:37 am  
I knew one post from me would generate a reply, even from Cyprus. I regret that this just confuses things more because I am sure (but I am willing to be corrected) that the most recent plan involved the council and current owners rather than YC.
I expect you will want to put the clubs reasons why they withdrew when you return.
I only posted to make some on the forum think before they carried on making wild accusations and to point out that we are not the most important item on ratepayers mind and many would think it is not the council’s place to help what is a private company.

You're not following the story... but I guess that was the councils intent all along... confuse.. undermine... divide... destroy!

Don't provide the facilities... Reap the extra profit!
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12457
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 02 200222 years113th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jun 24 13:311st Jun 24 06:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wakefield TRINITY

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 am  

Talk about blowing smoke up your own backside.
How pathetic.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200420 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 00:197th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:42 am  
Daddycool wrote:
I reckon the extra £15 million Newmarket would generate would cover that...

So yes then. Theoretically it would cover it, but then theoretical is all the Newmarket development is bar the big white freezer than apparently doesn't count. The PP for the site expires shortly doesn't it? I'd have thought there is a very real probability of that land being returned to greenbelt and just the brownfield parts developed, which cuts a chunk in the £15million and also effect the likelihood of the developer of that site being able to fund a community stadium.....
RankPostsTeam
International Star764No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 15 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Dec 19 08:4228th Nov 19 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:43 am  
[quote="Scarlet Pimpernell"]I knew one post from me would generate a reply, even from Cyprus. I regret that this just confuses things more because I am sure (but I am willing to be corrected) that the most recent plan involved the council and current owners rather than YC.
I only posted to make some on the forum think before they carried on making wild accusations and to point out that we are not the most important item on ratepayers mind and many would think it is not the council’s place to help what is a private company.[/quote]

But it is the councils' responsibility to enforce the agreements from the planning permission on the developer. That's why there's a huge white box out there on the M62 now! It shouldn't cost the council/ratepayers anything. The BV redevelopment was another way of stalling or at very best offering a smaller facility but now somebody else wants there fingers in the pie.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5214
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 11 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jun 24 22:243rd Jun 24 20:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Through the past darkly : Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:48 am  

From where I am all I can see is the council doing exactly that !!!!

They have helped Yorkcourt make £M's at Newmarket. This latest plan is intended to do the same for 88 . Plus another party who has not had their company mentioned as yet (not Walker).

Then there is the Cas stadium sold to them for a £1. I would also suggest if you dig into this a little deeper then you may learn something. In fact instead of trying to raise a stink about the wrong doing of Carter have a good look at what has gone on over there, I assure you its just as interesting.
PreviousNext