Jan 29 200619 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:40 pm  
PopTart wrote:
So tell us your opinion rather than asking us as a weak way to prove there is a problem.

Actually I did give my opinion, and more, your not paying attention Pop tart, so here it is again.

I am 66 years of age and, along with my father and grandfather have watched Trinity play
at Bell Vue throughout the 20th and now 21st centuries.
We have watched the game during the depths of winter with ice, snow, rain, hail, fog (Widnes anyone?) etc.
We have travelled with thousands of others in cars, vans, buses, trains have walked many a time through the above winter conditions to get our rugby league fix at both Belle Vue and a host of other rugby grounds with only a cup of Bovril, a jar of vapour rub or a tot of the hard stuff to keep the harsh winter conditions at bay.

Our generation and those before us have dodged or coped with the common cold, flue, the flu, sore throats, norovirus, achy joints, cold sores, dry and cracking skin, asthma (the wife). Sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc all caused or aggravated by those gruelling winter trips to Belle Vue to stand for two to three hours in the above mentioned weather before walking or driving home cold, freezing and completely wet through. And for a few of us that was after playing a game of winter rugby that very morning.

No doubt that over the past 150 years some have succumbed to the experience of trudging to Belle Vue, Odsal, Noughton Park, the Watersheddings and Fartown and have sadly succumbed to whatever ailment they contracted enjoying their rugby. But hey, ho, it happened and no one, as far as I know, coincided closing down these stadiums, not in a 150 years did they consider such draconian action.

So, here we are in the summer of 2020. A virus that 99.7% of people will simply never know they have or even had it. A virus that 100% of people I have asked, most over 65 years of age, do not personally know anyone who has died from C-19. A virus so deadly we need a test to find out if we have it or not.

My question is, what of the future of Trinity and Belle Vue. How many deaths are the club willing to accept in future years from complications or directly from, lets say, influenza. A condition that leads to the death of thousands every year, vaccine or no vaccine.

Pop Tart on these boards told us a few months ago that he was, to paraphrase, willing to give up a foreign holiday if If it saved just one life. I put it to him that watching and playing rugby has no doubt resulted in many deaths (see above) over the years. He did not respond to that.
I see he still supports the game being played.

So, what of the future given most on here appear to support the draconian measure currently being taken.

If I support these measures, which I do not, but if I did I would say that we should never, ever, re-open our stadiums for fear of catching something or other or risking a players death or that player becoming paralyzed, etc.

C-19 may come and go but death from influenza will not go away nor will other the complications that afflict us whenever we attend rugby matches along with thousands of our fellow human beings.

Stop this madness now and lets get back to normal, Lets get back to watching rugby without fear as our forefathers did. NOT the crazy “new normal” they(???) have attempted and in most cases, succeeded, to brain wash us with.

But back to the question re Belle Vue. If, let us say, we needed 5,000 attending to break even and we can now sumize that will never be allowed nor should it so long as inflenza, let alone Covid-19 is lurking in the air.What of the future of Wakefield Trinity? And rugby league.

"weak" enough for you ? Or do you just want to nit pick.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:47 pm  
snowie wrote:
yes your correct we should question the crap that comes out of anyone's mouth that's why I questioned you about your medical experience which you had admitted to having zero but you simply read it on line, do you honestly think the government is doing this on purpose in fact the whole world is in for destroy its self,
you only have to look at some of the cranks out there take David Icke for instance gets his crap on the internet you read it and your bought, I'd rather read and listen to the ones with the relative experience and take my judgement from them not a rugby league forum.
I'd rather we error in caution that just open the country up to be overcome with covid 19

stay safe

Where did I say I read David Icke ????
Have I not quoted on this and past threads doctors, nurses and scientists ??? Do you actually read these threads fully or are you just someone with a knee jerk reaction to someone who disagrees with you.
As for "take my judgement from them not a rugby league forum" then why are you here. You have read the title of the discussion "What now for fans watching? Covid chat."
Maybe you should stick to Big Daves foot type of threads.
By the way, I love your terminology..."ERROR in caution" Just about sums it up doesn't it ?
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years331st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm  
can only be thankful that your in no position of authority
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4898
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200322 years114th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 20:4613th Oct 24 16:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:12 pm  
Miro wrote:
Actually I did give my opinion, and more, your not paying attention Pop tart, so here it is again.

I am 66 years of age and, along with my father and grandfather have watched Trinity play
at Bell Vue throughout the 20th and now 21st centuries.
We have watched the game during the depths of winter with ice, snow, rain, hail, fog (Widnes anyone?) etc.
We have travelled with thousands of others in cars, vans, buses, trains have walked many a time through the above winter conditions to get our rugby league fix at both Belle Vue and a host of other rugby grounds with only a cup of Bovril, a jar of vapour rub or a tot of the hard stuff to keep the harsh winter conditions at bay.

Our generation and those before us have dodged or coped with the common cold, flue, the flu, sore throats, norovirus, achy joints, cold sores, dry and cracking skin, asthma (the wife). Sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc all caused or aggravated by those gruelling winter trips to Belle Vue to stand for two to three hours in the above mentioned weather before walking or driving home cold, freezing and completely wet through. And for a few of us that was after playing a game of winter rugby that very morning.

No doubt that over the past 150 years some have succumbed to the experience of trudging to Belle Vue, Odsal, Noughton Park, the Watersheddings and Fartown and have sadly succumbed to whatever ailment they contracted enjoying their rugby. But hey, ho, it happened and no one, as far as I know, coincided closing down these stadiums, not in a 150 years did they consider such draconian action.

So, here we are in the summer of 2020. A virus that 99.7% of people will simply never know they have or even had it. A virus that 100% of people I have asked, most over 65 years of age, do not personally know anyone who has died from C-19. A virus so deadly we need a test to find out if we have it or not.

My question is, what of the future of Trinity and Belle Vue. How many deaths are the club willing to accept in future years from complications or directly from, lets say, influenza. A condition that leads to the death of thousands every year, vaccine or no vaccine.

Pop Tart on these boards told us a few months ago that he was, to paraphrase, willing to give up a foreign holiday if If it saved just one life. I put it to him that watching and playing rugby has no doubt resulted in many deaths (see above) over the years. He did not respond to that.
I see he still supports the game being played.

So, what of the future given most on here appear to support the draconian measure currently being taken.

If I support these measures, which I do not, but if I did I would say that we should never, ever, re-open our stadiums for fear of catching something or other or risking a players death or that player becoming paralyzed, etc.

C-19 may come and go but death from influenza will not go away nor will other the complications that afflict us whenever we attend rugby matches along with thousands of our fellow human beings.

Stop this madness now and lets get back to normal, Lets get back to watching rugby without fear as our forefathers did. NOT the crazy “new normal” they(???) have attempted and in most cases, succeeded, to brain wash us with.

But back to the question re Belle Vue. If, let us say, we needed 5,000 attending to break even and we can now sumize that will never be allowed nor should it so long as inflenza, let alone Covid-19 is lurking in the air.What of the future of Wakefield Trinity? And rugby league.

"weak" enough for you ? Or do you just want to nit pick.

I think you need to check your figures the death rate in USA is over 3% of those infected your 99.7% of people not knowing they have had it is absolute rubbish
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 pm  
snowie wrote:
can only be thankful that your in no position of authority

Simplistic come back, you must have spent hours over that.
Now then genius, where have I mentioned David Icke? or was that just wishful thinking on your part.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20872
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 22:5913th Oct 24 19:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 pm  
You should also check the numbers in Pinderfields Miro. Went from 6 to 25 in 4 days.
Those people aren't made up. They are real people. Someone's parent or child, brother or sister, that needs serious medical help. Some may not come out.

But yer, watching rugby live is the important thing.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:56 pm  
REDWHITEANDBLUE wrote:
I think you need to check your figures the death rate in USA is over 3% of those infected your 99.7% of people not knowing they have had it is absolute rubbish

The death figures in the USA have recently been drasticly revised, as they have in this country. Please provide a link to back up your figure of 3%.
Go on then, nit pick over the 99.7 % figure but bear in mind the words of Chris Whitty speakiing while standing beside Boris at a Downing Street press conference. I have the video too.

"Look.
Most people, well, a significant portion will not get this virus at all at any point in the epidemic which is going on for a long period of time. Of those who do, some will get the virus without even knowing it.

The will have the virus with no symptoms at all....asymptomatic carriage and we know that happens.
Of those who get the symptoms, the great majority, probably 80% will have a mild or moderate disease. Might be bad enough for them to have to go to bed for a few days, not bad enough for them to to have to go to a doctor.
An unfortunate minority will have to go to hospital and the a minority of those will up having to go to severe and critical care and some of those will sadly die.
But that's a minority...it's 1% or possibly even less than 1% and even in the highest risk groups this is significantly less than 20% i.e. even the great majority of people even the very highest groups if they catch this virus will not die."

In a nutshell, this was Chris Whitty telling us, in so many words that the lockdown was entirely unnecessary.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years331st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:04 pm  
Miro wrote:
The death figures in the USA have recently been drasticly revised, as they have in this country. Please provide a link to back up your figure of 3%.
Go on then, nit pick over the 99.7 % figure but bear in mind the words of Chris Whitty speakiing while standing beside Boris at a Downing Street press conference. I have the video too.

"Look.
Most people, well, a significant portion will not get this virus at all at any point in the epidemic which is going on for a long period of time. Of those who do, some will get the virus without even knowing it.

The will have the virus with no symptoms at all....asymptomatic carriage and we know that happens.
Of those who get the symptoms, the great majority, probably 80% will have a mild or moderate disease. Might be bad enough for them to have to go to bed for a few days, not bad enough for them to to have to go to a doctor.
An unfortunate minority will have to go to hospital and the a minority of those will up having to go to severe and critical care and some of those will sadly die.
But that's a minority...it's 1% or possibly even less than 1% and even in the highest risk groups this is significantly less than 20% i.e. even the great majority of people even the very highest groups if they catch this virus will not die."

In a nutshell, this was Chris Whitty telling us, in so many words that the lockdown was entirely unnecessary.
but you don't give a toss about them you've made that clear :roll:
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:07 pm  
PopTart wrote:
You should also check the numbers in Pinderfields Miro. Went from 6 to 25 in 4 days.
Those people aren't made up. They are real people. Someone's parent or child, brother or sister, that needs serious medical help. Some may not come out.

But yer, watching rugby live is the important thing.

How do I check these figures ? What exactly are their symptoms. Like the symptoms desceibed by Chris Whitty above? Symptons different to the flu, what?

"Some may not come out ?????? Well, let me know will you.

And quit the jibes about live rugby, your better than that. You know it's not just about that. Grow up.
djcool 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3189
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200519 years251st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 21:0527th Sep 24 18:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 pm  
I hope it isn't 1% , 1% of our population is 660,000
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Thompson
Mark_P1973
5m
Play-off semi-final
Two Points
7m
The last six run in
faxcar
10m
Burgess
Mark_P1973
20m
Championship Play Off Final
Prince Buste
42m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
44m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
45m
Film game
Boss Hog
47m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
58m
Transfer Talk V5
leeds owl
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
Pyrah123
33s
TV Games - Not Hull
DABHAND
41s
Transfer Talk V5
leeds owl
42s
TV games not Wire
Captain Hook
44s
Burgess
Mark_P1973
49s
Recruitment rumours and links
Wires71
49s
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
Wires71
53s
5 hours
NickyKiss
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
YosemiteSam
1m
Crowd Funding
the-bearded-
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Hunslet Secure Promotion After Defeating Swinton
RLFANS News
TODAY
Trinity Into Play Off Final After Battle With York
RLFANS News
TODAY
Thompson
Mark_P1973
TODAY
Comparison with Wigan 17
ratticusfinc
TODAY
Crowd Funding
the-bearded-
TODAY
Wigan v Wire in Vegas
karetaker
TODAY
Twix wrappers
[Gareth]
TODAY
Burgess
Mark_P1973
TODAY
5 hours
NickyKiss
TODAY
Harry Smith
NSW
TODAY
Wigan Warriors Crowned Champions Again in 2024
rollin thund
TODAY
New signings
Fartown58
TODAY
OTish betting on the championship
Dutch Bull
TODAY
Championship Promotion Final
GeoffRoebuck
TODAY
Hull Kingston Rovers
Deeeekos
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Hear the Roar
Trinity_lurc
TODAY
SL Grand Final
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Spirit of the Rhinos documentary
christopher
TODAY
Grand Final
matt_wire
TODAY
Terrace wear
retrosports
TODAY
OT Rohan Smith -
Trebor1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hunslet Secure Promotion After..
Trinity Into Play Off Final Af..
Wigan Warriors Crowned Champio..
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
RLFANS Match Centre
Matches on TV
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 13th Oct
CH 30 Swinton10-6Hunslet
CH30 Wakefield22-13York
CH 30 Toulouse21-20Bradford
Sat 12th Oct
SL 30 Hull KR2-9Wigan
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 29 768 338 430 48
Hull KR 29 731 344 387 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 27 1032 275 757 52
Toulouse 26 765 388 377 37
Bradford 28 723 420 303 36
York 29 695 501 194 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22