Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 pm  
bellycouldtackle wrote:
Companies house gives some interesting movement of directors ,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 4/officers

No idea who Shipley is , Jones is part of the Crecraft Jones Partnership ( Paragon development ) , Mackie resigned his directorship in Oct 2012 then was reinstated in March 2017,
Looks like set of dodgy bleeders, who in conjunction with Rodders have had us and the council for fools

Harry James Shipley, born in 1950, iss also co-director with William Shipley, born in 1987, in Shipley Estates in Tamworth, along with another Harry James Shipley, born in 1979.

Harry Snr and William became directors of Yorkcourt on the same day but William resigned in March this year, although they seem to be both still directors of Shipley Estates and others. I have no idea whether William Shipley has any connection to Rodney's new Trust, as it would undoubtedly stink if he went in with someone with a close link, professionally and familial, with Yorkcourt.

Harry Snr and William also became directors in May of this year of Thomas's Entertainments (Leicester) Limited, which looks to have interests in gaming. Wasn't there mention of clubs up there?

In fact, looking at the directorships held by Harry Shipley, William is involved in many but he only seems to have resigned from the Yorkcourt and Paragon ones, both in March this year, just after Rodders stepped down from the Trust. I am not suggesting any link or anything untoward! Just stating facts.
bellycouldtackle wrote:
Companies house gives some interesting movement of directors ,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 4/officers

No idea who Shipley is , Jones is part of the Crecraft Jones Partnership ( Paragon development ) , Mackie resigned his directorship in Oct 2012 then was reinstated in March 2017,
Looks like set of dodgy bleeders, who in conjunction with Rodders have had us and the council for fools

Harry James Shipley, born in 1950, iss also co-director with William Shipley, born in 1987, in Shipley Estates in Tamworth, along with another Harry James Shipley, born in 1979.

Harry Snr and William became directors of Yorkcourt on the same day but William resigned in March this year, although they seem to be both still directors of Shipley Estates and others. I have no idea whether William Shipley has any connection to Rodney's new Trust, as it would undoubtedly stink if he went in with someone with a close link, professionally and familial, with Yorkcourt.

Harry Snr and William also became directors in May of this year of Thomas's Entertainments (Leicester) Limited, which looks to have interests in gaming. Wasn't there mention of clubs up there?

In fact, looking at the directorships held by Harry Shipley, William is involved in many but he only seems to have resigned from the Yorkcourt and Paragon ones, both in March this year, just after Rodders stepped down from the Trust. I am not suggesting any link or anything untoward! Just stating facts.
Last edited by Slugger McBatt on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3192No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 200619 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Feb 22 22:4616th Sep 19 13:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
//www.orlandovilla.org.uk

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:31 pm  
JINJER wrote:
Can't be ar send reading all the way back but I've just received this from David Dagger.

Mick FYI
18 July 2017

For Immediate Release

Wakefield Council responds to new heads of terms issued by Yorkcourt.
“Yorkcourt have let down the Council and the Club but most importantly they have let down the fans and the people of Wakefield.” – that’s the response from the Leader of Wakefield Council following the failure of Yorkcourt Properties Ltd to deliver the written assurance they had led the Council to believe was imminent.

Yorkcourt had previously confirmed their commitment to help deliver a community stadium at Newmarket, and agreed to provide a heads of terms to demonstrate exactly how they will achieve this with the co-operation of all parties.

However the heads of terms that were shared with Wakefield Council and the two Trusts involved with the community stadium, have failed to meet the needs required to take this forward.

The Leader of Wakefield Council, Cllr Peter Box CBE said: “The heads of terms are simply not fit for purpose.

“Despite our best efforts, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that the developer has no real intention of making good on the promise to deliver a community stadium.

“I believe we are left with no alternative than to call on Yorkcourt to walk away from Wakefield and the Newmarket scheme and stop letting our residents down.”

Wakefield Council has met with the Club and Trust to explore the available options and it was agreed that they will now work with other parties to move this forward.

ENDS

Brief Trust statement to be issued this evening.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Jun 19 11:2123rd Jun 19 14:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 pm  
I know in these days of financial constraints it's difficult for local councils to shift money to where it is most needed, BUT to finance a Community Stadium, would in my opinion not be squandering public money. There has to be some sporting centre of excellence in any large town or city, and this could be incorporated in the stadium.
With a loan in the council's name (and are there any grants available nowadays?) surely the club could generate enough money to pay the interest as MC has offered. Perhaps, the club managed properly (as now) could even chip away at the capital and eventually own the stadium or a share of it.
I don't know how much a stadium costs but I would imagine it would be a small part of the WMDC budget and with top class facilities for WMD or am I being much too optimistic?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 200718 years221st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Oct 24 00:3730th Aug 24 03:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:48 pm  
Interesting that both Sir Rodney and Peter Box are directors together, along with others, of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03498700/officers

I know these are the kind of things these high-flyers get involved with. For instance, both Rodney and Peter Box were directors of the National Coal Mining for England Trust plc together for many years, and Denise Jeffrey is a current director (although not at the same time as Rodney). Just an example of how these people come across each other.
Interesting that both Sir Rodney and Peter Box are directors together, along with others, of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03498700/officers

I know these are the kind of things these high-flyers get involved with. For instance, both Rodney and Peter Box were directors of the National Coal Mining for England Trust plc together for many years, and Denise Jeffrey is a current director (although not at the same time as Rodney). Just an example of how these people come across each other.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 201114 years270th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 24 22:033rd Mar 24 01:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 pm  
Trinity1315 wrote:
I know in these days of financial constraints it's difficult for local councils to shift money to where it is most needed, BUT to finance a Community Stadium, would in my opinion not be squandering public money. There has to be some sporting centre of excellence in any large town or city, and this could be incorporated in the stadium.
With a loan in the council's name (and are there any grants available nowadays?) surely the club could generate enough money to pay the interest as MC has offered. Perhaps, the club managed properly (as now) could even chip away at the capital and eventually own the stadium or a share of it.
I don't know how much a stadium costs but I would imagine it would be a small part of the WMDC budget and with top class facilities for WMD or am I being much too optimistic?

I have it from a director of Scarborough FC that the Council funded the 18M sports village there and they are there as the fee paying anchor tenant. The FA gave a grant to help with the ground from the football foundation funds. The village includes a 50m Olympic pool and sports centre. Come on Mr Box...you have some culpability in this mess. Get it sorted for the people of Wakefield. Not just the RL fans. And how about the RFL getting involved like the FA did with Scarborough? Instead of dreams of Canadian SL franchises?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 22 200519 years267th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Oct 24 15:2522nd Jul 24 10:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 pm  
Very murky waters, Slugger , Here is another one :
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02056198 Shoremayne Ltd used to be Yorkcourt Properties , Mackie and Jones are still directors of Shoremayne and if you look at the list of past directors you see the tie up with Crecraft https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 8/officers

I imagine that the Newmarket development , property deals etc etc involving these directors and the various companies they have interests in are all intertwined and set up in such a way that they are extremely difficult to chase in the courts. I bet that Yorkcourt 2008 for example will have zero asset value so even if they lost in court they have nothing to lose.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02056198 Shoremayne Ltd used to be Yorkcourt Properties , Mackie and Jones are still directors of Shoremayne and if you look at the list of past directors you see the tie up with Crecraft https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 8/officers

I imagine that the Newmarket development , property deals etc etc involving these directors and the various companies they have interests in are all intertwined and set up in such a way that they are extremely difficult to chase in the courts. I bet that Yorkcourt 2008 for example will have zero asset value so even if they lost in court they have nothing to lose.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200420 years133rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Oct 24 00:307th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm  
bellycouldtackle wrote:

Of course that will be the case, hence legal action is probably pointless, the only ones that will ultimately suffer is us. Plus if the murk draws the council in as well then the very people who are the only ones that can help us now will be turned against us and that really will be that.
bellycouldtackle wrote:

Of course that will be the case, hence legal action is probably pointless, the only ones that will ultimately suffer is us. Plus if the murk draws the council in as well then the very people who are the only ones that can help us now will be turned against us and that really will be that.
djcool 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3189
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200519 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Oct 24 20:1327th Sep 24 18:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:38 pm  
Trinity1315 wrote:

A multi-purpose Sports Stadium, concert arena, business Conference Centre would make money for other businesses in and around our great City.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years337th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:15 pm  
Tricky2309 wrote:
Not sure but those dishonourable barstewards will have made some profit off the Newcold development and have ruined the benefit of it being returned to greenbelt with the white box
I would be tempted to check the Newcold building and if its to agreed design and if not make the lovers take it down, no different to you not building regs right
Jizzer 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years337th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Newmarket 'new' Heads of Terms Document : Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 pm  
I notice on the latest Daily Star article that Box says: "I believe we are left with no alternative than to call on Yorkcourt to walk away from the Wakefield and the Newmarket scheme and stop letting our residents down."

Does this not let them off the hook? It says 'walk away from the Wakefield and Newmarket Scheme', not 'walk away from Wakefield'? Pedantic maybe, but still think all this hot air from Box is just keeping up appearances.
PreviousNext