Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:22 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Thanks for that and I'm sorry if you found my JOKE about sneaking into BV to watch the first game to be staged there since March, not funny.
As for Event 201, it's a conspiracy theory and you are of course fully entitled to believe and say whatever you want and try to recruit like minded people into your crusade but, I'm equally entitled to steer clear.

As for simulating what happens in the event of a pandemic, it would be rather odd if this hadn't been don.
After all, we've had SARS, Ebola and other deadly outbreaks over recent years.

Please carry on but, leave me out of your world.

BTW, I will be up in the gantry, periscope at the ready, hoping to see some live RL.

Also, if you aren't the one wearing the mask, I suggest that you do.
I'm not too worried about your health but the mask wearing is for the protection of others ??

But the rest you agree with right?

Now, the old fall back snipe. The conspiracy theory. Know what that is ?

Two or more people conspire to carry something out. Once carried out we don't know who, or, why?
So, we start with a theory based on available evidence. Then we come to a conclusion, again based on evidence.
We may be right, we may be wrong. History usually provides the answer.

The police, detectives, journalists etc. all start out with a …..”conspiracy theory.”

But, as I pointed out previously, the term “conspiracy theory” was deliberately used by the CIA along with advice to ridicule such “theorists” as their answer to people who doubted the official version of the assassination of President Kennedy.

It has worked quite well over the years, well done CIA, and those, like yourself, who haven't really thought through the exact meaning of the term.

You state.
“I'm not too worried about your health but the mask wearing is for the protection of others ?? “

OK, lets clear this up and this is NO conspiracy theory.

As for wearing a mask to protect others. Sorry, as we have already discussed, no scientific evidence to back that up. Especially as the government advise “anything will do” when choosing a face covering. So, no risk assessment, no kite mark, no bio l disposal available etc.....Useless, see earlier in the thread.

And, just to be clear. I know of no one and I always ask anyone I meet and that includes many clients over the age of 70, if they know of anyone, personally (not their aunties dog walkers husbands fathers brother who's 80, has a bad chest and lives in Cornwall) but personalty, if they know of anyone dying of covid-19. The answer is not one. And I can assure you, I have not managed to infect anyone as far as I know and that includes a 99 year old neighbour and his 85 year old neighbours. After 8 months of this I think I would know by now.

My wife works front line in the health industry, she has asthma, she too is fine after 8 months.

A client came in yesterday, a lady, at least 85 years old. No mask, didn't anti-social distance, her choice, just come back of holiday, fit as any 85 year old could be. The first time I talked to her was three week previously, I think if she or I was infectious she wouldn't have come back.

A client will be coming in tomorrow, 75 years of age. He visits with no mask every week for the past couple of months......still fine and dandy. If he fails to show tomorrow, I'll let you know.

All the ageing front line shop keepers who have served me since the start are all fine and dandy. As far as I can see, and that includes Asians who are supposed to be high risk.

Ah, good timing, daughter just walked in. “no one” is her answer, her partner who's family hail from another county, “no” again.

On the basis of all that, I'll take my chances.

Maybe I'm just the luckiest guy alive and all I meet equally lucky. This is my experience, not that taken from the MSM.

You know how to get rid of covid-19 ? Stop watching the TV.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17953
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 09:1413th Oct 24 08:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 pm  
Miro wrote:

Two or more people conspire to carry something out. Once carried out we don't know who, or, why?
So, we start with a theory based on available evidence. Then we come to a conclusion, again based on evidence.

The police, detectives, journalists etc. all start out with a …..”conspiracy theory.”

But, as I pointed out previously, the term “conspiracy theory” was deliberately used by the CIA along with advice to ridicule such “theorists” as their answer to people who doubted the official version of the assassination of President Kennedy.

It has worked quite well over the years, well done CIA, and those, like yourself, who haven't really thought through the exact meaning of the term.

You state.
“I'm not too worried about your health but the mask wearing is for the protection of others ?? “

As for wearing a mask to protect others. Sorry, as we have already discussed, no scientific evidence to back that up. Especially as the government advise “anything will do” when choosing a face covering. So, no risk assessment, no kite mark, no bio l disposal available etc.....Useless, see earlier in the thread.

And, just to be clear. I know of no one and I always ask anyone I meet and that includes many clients over the age of 70, if they know of anyone, personally (not their aunties dog walkers husbands fathers brother who's 80, has a bad chest and lives in Cornwall) but personalty, if they know of anyone dying of covid-19. The answer is not one. And I can assure you, I have not managed to infect anyone as far as I know and that includes a 99 year old neighbour and his 85 year old neighbours. After 8 months of this I think I would know by now.

My wife works front line in the health industry, she has asthma, she too is fine after 8 months.

A client came in yesterday, a lady, at least 85 years old. No mask, didn't anti-social distance, her choice, just come back of holiday, fit as any 85 year old could be. The first time I talked to her was three week previously, I think if she or I was infectious she wouldn't have come back.

A client will be coming in tomorrow, 75 years of age. He visits with no mask every week for the past couple of months......still fine and dandy. If he fails to show tomorrow, I'll let you know.

All the ageing front line shop keepers who have served me since the start are all fine and dandy. As far as I can see, and that includes Asians who are supposed to be high risk.

Ah, good timing, daughter just walked in. “no one” is her answer, her partner who's family hail from another county, “no” again.

Maybe I'm just the luckiest guy alive and all I meet equally lucky. This is my experience, not that taken from the MSM.

Yes, Donald, you have the answer right there. :CRAZY:

Maybe you should have a word with a pal of mine who has just lost his 53 year old wife- no underlying health conditions.
Just like any other virus, everyone is affected differently and some not at all but, it's not about the lucky ones, is it ?

Btw, your wife who works in front line healthcare, does she use any PPE or is she also "safe".
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 03 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Oct 24 18:506th Oct 24 18:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:11 pm  
Miro wrote:

You state.

If you don't mind I will carry on with my social distancing wearing my mask and washing my hands thanks anyway.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20870
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 11:0212th Oct 24 15:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm  
Miro. Your conspiracy theory clouds your view of what's happening right in front of you.
We have had people on here who have reported that loved ones have died after contracting Covid.

Someone who lives on my street was taken in to ICU. They were there over two weeks and the family thought she would die. She recovered thank goodness. While she was there she said quite a few died on the ward. I see her now 2 months later and she looks 20 years older. That wasn't the flu.

I can't understand why you think your small pool represent the rest of the world.
I'm really pleased for you that no one in your circle has been taken ill, but I find you are now moving from condescending conspiracy theorist to disrespectful and self centred.
The I'm Alright Jack attitude just doesn't wash for me.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2753
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20196 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 08:489th Oct 24 14:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:34 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Miro. Your conspiracy theory clouds your view of what's happening right in front of you.
We have had people on here who have reported that loved ones have died after contracting Covid.

Someone who lives on my street was taken in to ICU. They were there over two weeks and the family thought she would die. She recovered thank goodness. While she was there she said quite a few died on the ward. I see her now 2 months later and she looks 20 years old. That wasn't the flu.

I can't understand why you think your small pool represent the rest of the world.
I'm really pleased for you that no one in your circle has been taken ill, but I find you are now moving from condescending conspiracy theorist to disrespectful and self centred.

I’m not looking for an argument PT, but can you give me a valid reason for why death certificates are showing cause of death “Covid 19, just because they were tested positive within the previous 28 days before death. Some in the medical profession find this strange. It’s regarded as true that most people who die “With” Covid, also have underlying medical problems, some quite serious. I have heard on MSM news, that all flu deaths will alsto be recorded as a Covid death. therefore, no one will die of flu ever again. Is that possible. It’s not a case of “I’m alright Jack”, some people just accept that people will die, and most deaths are none Covid related. I’m 73, my time will come soon enough, but I’ll be dammed if I’m going to cower because of government mischief.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20870
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 11:0212th Oct 24 15:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:57 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I’m not looking for an argument PT, but can you give me a valid reason for why death certificates are showing cause of death “Covid 19, just because they were tested positive within the previous 28 days before death. Some in the medical profession find this strange. It’s regarded as true that most people who die “With” Covid, also have underlying medical problems, some quite serious. I have heard on MSM news, that all flu deaths will alsto be recorded as a Covid death. therefore, no one will die of flu ever again. Is that possible. It’s not a case of “I’m alright Jack”, some people just accept that people will die, and most deaths are none Covid related. I’m 73, my time will come soon enough, but I’ll be dammed if I’m going to cower because of government mischief.

Of course I can't give you a good reason. I'm not a medical professional.
But the medical professional that did sign it decided that was the right thing to do, so I'm ok with it.

As for the cower bit, I respect you very much for that. I just don't see the mask and wash hands bit as cowering. Just seems like an OK idea to me.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 20204 years325th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 22 20:229th Jan 22 19:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:07 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
I'm not too worried about your health but the mask wearing is for the protection of others ??

"Protection of others" is the strongest argument supporting mask usage in the community setting, intuitively covering the face and mouth correctly would stop larger droplets from landing on people and surfaces.

But the problem I have with them is when they are mandated there is no correlation with infections/deaths falling or staying at the same level. In fact here in the UK the so called "cases" increased after the mandate was made. Here's an article on some other places in the world that suffered a surge following the mandate.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... s-n1009481

No spike in cases for Florida:

"On September 25, Gov. DeSantis took a major step, lifting key coronavirus restrictions at the state level. The order allowed businesses, such as restaurants, to operate at full capacity at the state level and required local governments to “justify” any restrictions on capacity moving forward. Additionally, DeSantis suspended all penalties related to local mask mandates, as he never issued a statewide mandate despite mounting criticisms from the left.

“Just as an act of executive grace, all outstanding fines and penalties that have been applied against individuals are suspended,” DeSantis announced. “I think we need to get away from trying to penalize people for not social distancing and work with people constructively.”

While critics have battered the Florida governor for his approach to the virus in the state — particularly his initial refusal to quickly implement drastic lockdown orders — the state of the coronavirus in Florida has remained relatively unchanged since the governor lifted key restrictions and removed the mask mandate penalties.

Data gleaned from the Florida Department of Health also shows that the positivity rate remains relatively steady, standing at 4.57 percent as of Wednesday and even reaching a low of 3.73 percent earlier in the week.

New cases also appear to remain steady following DeSantis’s move, ranging from 810 new daily cases (reported September 27) to over 3,300 reported on Thursday. Notably, the case number has fluctuated over the past month, reaching 3,651 on September 10, roughly two weeks prior to DeSantis lifting restrictions.

Hospital capacity remained a major concern for the state over the late summer months as cases spiked, but a Friday afternoon snapshot from the State’s Agency for Health Care Administration showed plentiful hospital bed availability, with 23.47 percent available statewide. Adult ICU bed availability stood at 22.29 percent statewide as of Friday afternoon. Even Miami-Dade, the Florida county hardest hit by the virus, reported a 26.98 percent in hospital bed availability and 21.82 percent availability in adult ICU beds on Friday.
"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ssion=true

The point I'm making is, if you were to be shown a number of graphs for countries that had masks mandated, strict restrictions or soft measures to combat the spread I bet my mortgage you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. .

On a side note I like how they've now rebranded "lockdown " as a "circuit breaker".
wrencat1873 wrote:

"Protection of others" is the strongest argument supporting mask usage in the community setting, intuitively covering the face and mouth correctly would stop larger droplets from landing on people and surfaces.

But the problem I have with them is when they are mandated there is no correlation with infections/deaths falling or staying at the same level. In fact here in the UK the so called "cases" increased after the mandate was made. Here's an article on some other places in the world that suffered a surge following the mandate.

"On September 25, Gov. DeSantis took a major step, lifting key coronavirus restrictions at the state level. The order allowed businesses, such as restaurants, to operate at full capacity at the state level and required local governments to “justify” any restrictions on capacity moving forward. Additionally, DeSantis suspended all penalties related to local mask mandates, as he never issued a statewide mandate despite mounting criticisms from the left.

“Just as an act of executive grace, all outstanding fines and penalties that have been applied against individuals are suspended,” DeSantis announced. “I think we need to get away from trying to penalize people for not social distancing and work with people constructively.”

While critics have battered the Florida governor for his approach to the virus in the state — particularly his initial refusal to quickly implement drastic lockdown orders — the state of the coronavirus in Florida has remained relatively unchanged since the governor lifted key restrictions and removed the mask mandate penalties.

Data gleaned from the Florida Department of Health also shows that the positivity rate remains relatively steady, standing at 4.57 percent as of Wednesday and even reaching a low of 3.73 percent earlier in the week.

New cases also appear to remain steady following DeSantis’s move, ranging from 810 new daily cases (reported September 27) to over 3,300 reported on Thursday. Notably, the case number has fluctuated over the past month, reaching 3,651 on September 10, roughly two weeks prior to DeSantis lifting restrictions.

Hospital capacity remained a major concern for the state over the late summer months as cases spiked, but a Friday afternoon snapshot from the State’s Agency for Health Care Administration showed plentiful hospital bed availability, with 23.47 percent available statewide. Adult ICU bed availability stood at 22.29 percent statewide as of Friday afternoon. Even Miami-Dade, the Florida county hardest hit by the virus, reported a 26.98 percent in hospital bed availability and 21.82 percent availability in adult ICU beds on Friday.
"

The point I'm making is, if you were to be shown a number of graphs for countries that had masks mandated, strict restrictions or soft measures to combat the spread I bet my mortgage you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. .

On a side note I like how they've now rebranded "lockdown " as a "circuit breaker".
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17953
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 24 09:1413th Oct 24 08:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 pm  
MatthewTrin wrote:

"

Yes, "re branded" as a circuit breaker to differentiate from a lockdown with no defined end ?
It doesn't matter what it's called and it may not even happen, despite the pressure that Bojo is under.

The simple issue with face coverings is that if, by wearing one, you can prevent someone else catching the virus, why wouldn't you wear one ?
Are you THAT selfish or, have YOU decided that YOU know better than everyone else.

If you look hard enough there will be plusses and minuses for every action that you take (and not just in relation to covid)

Your choice.
MatthewTrin wrote:

"

Yes, "re branded" as a circuit breaker to differentiate from a lockdown with no defined end ?
It doesn't matter what it's called and it may not even happen, despite the pressure that Bojo is under.

The simple issue with face coverings is that if, by wearing one, you can prevent someone else catching the virus, why wouldn't you wear one ?
Are you THAT selfish or, have YOU decided that YOU know better than everyone else.

If you look hard enough there will be plusses and minuses for every action that you take (and not just in relation to covid)

Your choice.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:51 pm  
PopTart wrote:

Someone who lives on my street was taken in to ICU. They were there over two weeks and the family thought she would die. She recovered thank goodness. While she was there she said quite a few died on the ward. I see her now 2 months later and she looks 20 years old. That wasn't the flu.

Once again PopTar you miss the context of my answer to wrencat. Here is what he said:

wrencat:

As you can see, the answer I gave was to demonstrate that I am pretty sure I have not infected anyone and no one has infected me. The quote was, in effect, saying I should wear a mask for the protection of others and my answer was in response to that.

Never did I say I think my “small group” represents the rest of the world. You, just like always, miss the whole context of a discussion and continue in your kak handed way to try and put words in my mouth.

As you can see it was not an “I'm alright Jack” statement but the conveying of truth, my personal experience.

Why is it ok for you to tell me about “someone who lives in your street” but not ok, it seems, to relay my experience of life under “covid.”

Someone who lives on your street said “quite a few died on the ward”. But that is not personal testimony, it's hearsay even if true.

So, is personal testimony only to be allowed to those who “suffer” covid either personal or hearsay? But not to those who's family, friend and clients have a personal experience that is the opposite?

PopTart:

Never have I disputed the above so how do I have a “clouded view” But I would dispute the diagnosis were I a reletive. But not you, you, it seems, would be ok whatever the diagnosis. (see other post)

And you have the nerve to call me a “conspiracy theorist”

The final quote of mine “You know how to get rid of covid-19 ? Stop watching the TV. “

Was a light hearted end, if it bothers you, man up.
Last edited by Miro on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:58 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Of course I can't give you a good reason. I'm not a medical professional.
But the medical professional that did sign it decided that was the right thing to do, so I'm ok with it.

As for the cower bit, I respect you very much for that. I just don't see the mask and wash hands bit as cowering. Just seems like an OK idea to me.

Unbelievable :CRAZY:

Lets hope you or a loved one never go into hospital and get wrongly diagnosed. Never mind, you'll be "OK with it." :WALL:
PreviousNext