Jan 29 200619 years322nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:48 pm  
Sandro II Terrorista wrote:
Your case may perhaps be more persuasive if it was your own argument and not just a load of cut and paste articles from around the web infiltrated with your own opinion.

Sorry, but 99% of my writings are all my own work unless it is a quote.

Would you care to point out my work you believe is cut and paste as opposed to legitamate use of quotes to back up your unfounded allegation ?

Obviously the details of the WEF are taken from a web page. But certainly not the argument.
Last edited by Miro on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20870
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Oct 24 23:5812th Oct 24 15:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:16 am  
Miro wrote:
You ask.
“Who the hell mentioned re opening the pits or Trinity getting a new ground ?? “

It was a rhetorical question from me, you do know what “rhetorical” means, I'll inform you e.g. ..used for mere effect.
Or, irony ??

Just because this situation has never happened in our lifetime before does not mean it can't.
Technology and the globalization has changed everything. No one spoke of “globalization” not too long ago so to compare today with “mill owners and well off types bending the ear of their local MPs” is showing your lack of understanding of the current world.

You ask.
“are (they) massively different from the groups of people who have tried to "steer" the direction of travel?”

For the above reasons yes, massively different.

Am I going to question the UN and the G20? You bet we are, they are the major players (see below) after all.

Now I don't know how we, the people, will benefit from “THE GREAT RE- SET but greater minds than mine believe we will be left way behind when these leaders and corporations (you know, the ones who have been polluting and raping the planet for the past 200 years) get there act together.

You say
If brighter people than you or I can protect the majority with a particular course of action then I'm ok with following the dictat

To have a “RE_SET” you need to clear the deadwood and that is how they see us, indeed, history shows they do. And the covid 19 smokescreen is doing the job for them but still you want to give these people a free pass and no questioning. After all, that's all we are doing. Is that so bad? We who live in the north (especially) know damn well they will sell us down the river with their great RE_SET. Anyone here who worked down the pit ? I did and I remember the 80s all too well.

Now, here is a quote from the World Economic Forum meeting.

At a virtual World Economic Forum meeting, global leaders from the United Nations, United Kingdom, United States, International Monetary Fund and multi-national corporations discussed and announced a plan to develop a GREAT RE-SET of the entire world.

“Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed,” Schwab added.[b] “In short, we need a ‘Great Reset’ of capitalism.”
[/b]

and below is who they are.

The World Economic Forum (WEF), based in Cologny, Geneva Canton, Switzerland, is an international NGO, founded in 1971. The WEF's mission is cited as "committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas".[1]
The WEF hosts an annual meeting at the end of January in Davos, a mountain resort in Graubünden, in the eastern Alps region of Switzerland. The meeting brings together some 3,000 business leaders, international political leaders, economists, celebrities and journalists for up to five days to discuss global issues, across 500 public and private sessions.

Note "celebraties and journalists" Why those people I wonder. To spread the propaganda? They wouldn't do that........would they? :lol:

I honestly don't get your problem with WEF or The Great Reset.
You talk about it like its some James Bond villain society trying to bring down the world but I can't see that at all.
Nor can I see, even though they pretty much name every business in the world as a partner, the WEF or Great Reset being included in any of those company business plans.

Their plans seem pretty low level save the earth type things. I see no clear the deadwood articles like you imply.
Can you point me to one?
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years322nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I honestly don't get your problem with WEF or The Great Reset.
You talk about it like its some James Bond villain society trying to bring down the world but I can't see that at all.
Nor can I see, even though they pretty much name every business in the world as a partner, the WEF or Great Reset being included in any of those company business plans.

Their plans seem pretty low level save the earth type things. I see no clear the deadwood articles like you imply.
Can you point me to one?

Do I believe there is a James Bond villian society trying to bring down the world??
No. But here is my problem.

I wrote:
Now I don't know how we, the people, will benefit from “THE GREAT RE- SET but greater minds than mine believe we will be left way behind when these leaders and corporations (you know, the ones who have been polluting and raping the planet for the past 200 years) get there act together.

Look around you, see the “deadwood” being taken out? How come you cannot see this when all around you small and medium and some large businesses are being destroyed under the covid smokescreen.
Be honest, they are hardly likley to shout this out from the rooftops are they?

Just like to point out It was the WEF who stated they would use covid as a “great opportunity" to carry out their plans......not little old conspiracy theorist me.

“Great opportunity” :lol: Llike the geezer who deliberately burns down his factory for the insurance then announces, after he gets his payout, I'm going to take this “opportunity” to stop myself going bankrupt Rather than saying "I planned it all along so I could wriggle out of going bankrupt.

From the home of capitalism and Forbes magazine.
"Amazon, Apple, Google And Facebook Are All Scooping Up Office Space In New York—Despite Predictions Of The City’s Demise."

Well that's ok then, plenty of real estate going cheap thanks to covid sanctions resulting in the closing down of hundreds of businesses and unemplyement forcing homes to be foreclosed on etc.

From wikipedia:
half of the world's net wealth belongs to the top 1%,
top 10% of adults hold 85%, while the bottom 90% hold the remaining 15% of the world's total wealth,
top 30% of adults hold 97% of the total wealth.

From Forbes magazine:
"If the current trend continues, wealth inequality will become even more magnified. As of now, there is no easy answer, as the rich keep getting richer and everyone else keeps struggling. "

As I stated, anyone who thinks they will look after the likes of you and I during this proposed great re-set is kidding themselves.
Have they suddenly become saints?

Do you have a business? Have they consulted you? Have they consulted the Michael Carters of this world?
Did we not at least have a vote for Brexit, for the government in power? Do we have a vote on this?
If not, why not and why are you not concerned that US corporations, as an example, will be determining your economic future.
Why do you not value democracy even our pretend democracy.

Partners? You have to be kidding. Even Wakefield Council renege on partnerships, or should I say “public consultation”

I could be wrong, but 66 years on this earth and a fair grasp on working class history forces me to be sceptical, just a bit .

Now PopTart, can you tell me why you have so much faith in the 1% and those land grabbing, polluting corporations and their political allies that they will see you alright in this great re-set.
Last edited by Miro on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years322nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:05 am  
If your interested in contributing to whatever they have in store for us PopTart then maybe you can pop over to Buergenstock and make your contribution.

From USA news:

"There won’t be any snow but there will still be a dramatic Swiss mountain backdrop when the world's elite gather for the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting near the city of Lucerne next year."

"Buergenstock, in central Switzerland, has been chosen to host the May meeting of world political and business leaders, over Davos, the Alpine ski destination synonymous with the annual jamboree."

For those Wall Street bankers and Silicon Valley investors able to make it in person, Buergenstock still offers luxury hotels, fine-dining and mountain pursuits - albeit on foot rather than on skis.

The 2021 meeting will be held around the theme of "The Great Reset" to plot a path to recovery from the pandemic "and rebuild a more cohesive and sustainable society". :lol:

Wellallrightee.....

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... in-lucerne
If your interested in contributing to whatever they have in store for us PopTart then maybe you can pop over to Buergenstock and make your contribution.

From USA news:

"There won’t be any snow but there will still be a dramatic Swiss mountain backdrop when the world's elite gather for the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting near the city of Lucerne next year."

"Buergenstock, in central Switzerland, has been chosen to host the May meeting of world political and business leaders, over Davos, the Alpine ski destination synonymous with the annual jamboree."

For those Wall Street bankers and Silicon Valley investors able to make it in person, Buergenstock still offers luxury hotels, fine-dining and mountain pursuits - albeit on foot rather than on skis.

The 2021 meeting will be held around the theme of "The Great Reset" to plot a path to recovery from the pandemic "and rebuild a more cohesive and sustainable society". :lol:

Wellallrightee.....

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... in-lucerne
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 20204 years323rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 22 20:229th Jan 22 19:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 am  
WEF pretty low level are they? Ever wondered what caused the facemask u-turn?

"In March, a group of researchers and scientists started #Masks4All after realizing that there was clear scientific evidence showing that cloth masks limit the spread of COVID-19 (which contradicted the global consensus at the time).

So we shared this information in videos and in the press at the end of March, and we urged everyone to spread the information on social media to government leaders and the public using #Masks4All.

Our message went viral and hundreds of thousands of people all over the world heard our message and took action on a scale much greater than we ever could have imagined.

The story was repeatedly covered by every major global news outlet and as a result, many health and government leaders re-examined the science and changed their opinions.

March 31st Update: Our video and Washington Post article both went extremely viral within days of launching and the story has almost instantly been picked up by almost every major media outlet in the world.

April 2nd Update: “It’s hard to explain just how fast the debate is moving here. When my article came out in The Washington Post on Saturday [March 28th] it was into a void – there was no mainstream discussion of this at all. Today I am briefing a bipartisan group of US senators and staffers on the issue and talking to international policy experts at Yale University. I was on Good Morning America yesterday telling people how to make masks. This has completely taken over my life.” –Jeremy Howard in a Sydney Morning Herald Interview

April 3rd Update: The U.S. CDC changed its stance and now recommends masks! The U.S. “CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings” because “a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms” and they can be contagious spreaders of the virus.

https://masks4all.co/about-us/

If you go down the page a tad bit you'll read about "The Team"
I wonder who their co found is?
"Jeremy Howard, Co-Founder & Leader. Distinguished Research Scientist at USF; Founding Researcher at fast.ai; Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global AI Council"

Need I say anymore?
WEF pretty low level are they? Ever wondered what caused the facemask u-turn?

"In March, a group of researchers and scientists started #Masks4All after realizing that there was clear scientific evidence showing that cloth masks limit the spread of COVID-19 (which contradicted the global consensus at the time).

So we shared this information in videos and in the press at the end of March, and we urged everyone to spread the information on social media to government leaders and the public using #Masks4All.

Our message went viral and hundreds of thousands of people all over the world heard our message and took action on a scale much greater than we ever could have imagined.

The story was repeatedly covered by every major global news outlet and as a result, many health and government leaders re-examined the science and changed their opinions.

March 31st Update: Our video and Washington Post article both went extremely viral within days of launching and the story has almost instantly been picked up by almost every major media outlet in the world.

April 2nd Update: “It’s hard to explain just how fast the debate is moving here. When my article came out in The Washington Post on Saturday [March 28th] it was into a void – there was no mainstream discussion of this at all. Today I am briefing a bipartisan group of US senators and staffers on the issue and talking to international policy experts at Yale University. I was on Good Morning America yesterday telling people how to make masks. This has completely taken over my life.” –Jeremy Howard in a Sydney Morning Herald Interview

April 3rd Update: The U.S. CDC changed its stance and now recommends masks! The U.S. “CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings” because “a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms” and they can be contagious spreaders of the virus.

https://masks4all.co/about-us/

If you go down the page a tad bit you'll read about "The Team"
I wonder who their co found is?
"Jeremy Howard, Co-Founder & Leader. Distinguished Research Scientist at USF; Founding Researcher at fast.ai; Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global AI Council"

Need I say anymore?
Last edited by MatthewTrin on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 20204 years323rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 am  
Deadwood you ask. Amnesty International are certainly concerned about some of the shenanigans going on at the peak of the crisis:

UK: Older people in care homes abandoned to die amid government failures during COVID-19 pandemic

"Key failings included decisions to discharge thousands of untested hospital patients into care homes and imposition of blanket DNARs

Between 2 March and 12 June this year 28,186 “excess deaths” were recorded in care homes in England, with over 18,500 care home residents confirmed to have died with COVID-19 during this period.

Most shockingly, on 17 March, four days after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a global pandemic, the Government ordered the discharge of 25,000 patients from hospitals into care homes, including those infected or possibly infected with COVID-19.

On 2 April, the same day that the WHO confirmed the existence of pre-symptomatic cases of COVID-19, the Government reiterated its guidance for hospital discharge that ‘Negative tests are not required prior to transfers / admissions into the care home’.

Several care home managers told Amnesty that they had no COVID-19 in their homes until after they received patients discharged from hospital.

These and other decisions taken by the Government led to violations of human rights of older people in care homes during the pandemic - notably their right to life, their right to health and their right to non-discrimination.

Amnesty received multiple reports of care home residents’ right to NHS services - including access to general medical services and hospital admission - being denied during the pandemic. Care home staff and relatives told Amnesty how sending residents to hospital was discouraged or outright refused.

A series of “shockingly irresponsible” Government decisions put tens of thousands of older people’s lives at risk and led to multiple violations of care home residents’ human rights, said Amnesty International today, following an investigation by the human rights group’s Crisis Response team."

Shall we discredit Amnesty International as conspiracy theorists too?

Full article found here:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... -pandemic/

These vulnerable elderly people warranted and deserved our protection from day one, obviously our benevolent :roll: experts disagreed.
Deadwood you ask. Amnesty International are certainly concerned about some of the shenanigans going on at the peak of the crisis:

UK: Older people in care homes abandoned to die amid government failures during COVID-19 pandemic

"Key failings included decisions to discharge thousands of untested hospital patients into care homes and imposition of blanket DNARs

Between 2 March and 12 June this year 28,186 “excess deaths” were recorded in care homes in England, with over 18,500 care home residents confirmed to have died with COVID-19 during this period.

Most shockingly, on 17 March, four days after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a global pandemic, the Government ordered the discharge of 25,000 patients from hospitals into care homes, including those infected or possibly infected with COVID-19.

On 2 April, the same day that the WHO confirmed the existence of pre-symptomatic cases of COVID-19, the Government reiterated its guidance for hospital discharge that ‘Negative tests are not required prior to transfers / admissions into the care home’.

Several care home managers told Amnesty that they had no COVID-19 in their homes until after they received patients discharged from hospital.

These and other decisions taken by the Government led to violations of human rights of older people in care homes during the pandemic - notably their right to life, their right to health and their right to non-discrimination.

Amnesty received multiple reports of care home residents’ right to NHS services - including access to general medical services and hospital admission - being denied during the pandemic. Care home staff and relatives told Amnesty how sending residents to hospital was discouraged or outright refused.

A series of “shockingly irresponsible” Government decisions put tens of thousands of older people’s lives at risk and led to multiple violations of care home residents’ human rights, said Amnesty International today, following an investigation by the human rights group’s Crisis Response team."

Full article found here:

These vulnerable elderly people warranted and deserved our protection from day one, obviously our benevolent :roll: experts disagreed.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17953
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 24 21:5513th Oct 24 08:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:02 am  
MatthewTrin wrote:

Full article found here:

Can you help me a little please ?

For most of this thread you have been in denial about the existence of a pandemic and yet, you are now agreeing with Amnesty (and many others) that people being kicked out of hospital and into care homes, massively increased the numbers dying.

I actually agree with you that huge mistakes were made in clearing hospitals and making space to treat people with the "non existent" disease.

Just for clarity, have you changed your mind ?

Could it be that the pandemic, blamed for over 1000000 deaths world wide and over 40,000 in the UK is real and there is a new virus out there ?
MatthewTrin wrote:

Full article found here:

For most of this thread you have been in denial about the existence of a pandemic and yet, you are now agreeing with Amnesty (and many others) that people being kicked out of hospital and into care homes, massively increased the numbers dying.

I actually agree with you that huge mistakes were made in clearing hospitals and making space to treat people with the "non existent" disease.

Could it be that the pandemic, blamed for over 1000000 deaths world wide and over 40,000 in the UK is real and there is a new virus out there ?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 20204 years323rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:07 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:

I prefer the term epidemic rather than pandemic.

No, I've never denied the existence of the virus, go back and search through all my posts on this site. I've always accepted based on the data that it's rate of transmission is greater than other respiratory virus with it being new and in comparison to a severe flu outbreak (IFR - 0.1%) it is about twice as deadly (IFR - 0.2%). By the middle of next year many credible doctors and scientists believe we will see it improved to a 99.9% survival rate (reason - natural immunity and better treatments) and eventually further down the line become classified as nothing more than a standard coronavirus. Everyone that checked the data from the beginning of January with a half a brain cell could conclude the vulnerable and highly aged were in the main the only demographic that would be severely affected by this virus. And you wonder why we've had over 40,000 deaths in the UK What I've questioned on here is the disproportionate response from governments, so called experts and mainstream media. Due to the continued list of so called "mistakes" it makes me conclude this is more about power, money, control and nothing to do with public health.

Here's another "mistake" I cam across the other day that was made in the past, not once but TWICE!

SARS escaped Beijing lab twice

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-anal ... wice-50137
wrencat1873 wrote:

No, I've never denied the existence of the virus, go back and search through all my posts on this site. I've always accepted based on the data that it's rate of transmission is greater than other respiratory virus with it being new and in comparison to a severe flu outbreak (IFR - 0.1%) it is about twice as deadly (IFR - 0.2%). By the middle of next year many credible doctors and scientists believe we will see it improved to a 99.9% survival rate (reason - natural immunity and better treatments) and eventually further down the line become classified as nothing more than a standard coronavirus. Everyone that checked the data from the beginning of January with a half a brain cell could conclude the vulnerable and highly aged were in the main the only demographic that would be severely affected by this virus. And you wonder why we've had over 40,000 deaths in the UK What I've questioned on here is the disproportionate response from governments, so called experts and mainstream media. Due to the continued list of so called "mistakes" it makes me conclude this is more about power, money, control and nothing to do with public health.

Here's another "mistake" I cam across the other day that was made in the past, not once but TWICE!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17953
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 24 21:5513th Oct 24 08:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm  
MatthewTrin wrote:

Epidemic: a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.

Pandemic: (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

Doesn't matter what you prefer to call it, it's clearly the latter of the 2 definitions

As for the response, something that is subjective, the UK have responded based on the ability of the NHS to come with those needing treatment, with the main "thrust" being to ensure that hospitals, particularly ICU departments, were not and are not over run.
I do agree that treatment will improve (it already has) but, "we" first of all have to survive this winter, which will be a more severe test for resources than earlier this year. Hence the nightingale hospitals being kept available.
Let's just hope that they aren't required to work at capacity.
MatthewTrin wrote:

Epidemic: a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.

Doesn't matter what you prefer to call it, it's clearly the latter of the 2 definitions

As for the response, something that is subjective, the UK have responded based on the ability of the NHS to come with those needing treatment, with the main "thrust" being to ensure that hospitals, particularly ICU departments, were not and are not over run.
I do agree that treatment will improve (it already has) but, "we" first of all have to survive this winter, which will be a more severe test for resources than earlier this year. Hence the nightingale hospitals being kept available.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 20204 years323rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:16 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:

Explained on page 18 re: NHS, it was no where near being overrun during the peak of the crisis. "Protect the NHS" a phrase I dislike as you can derive out of it multiple meanings that I don't agree with; bullying vulnerable people from using it. How the elderly were treated in care homes was frankly unethical.

I care about decisions that save the most lives (not just covid!), saving jobs and the economy.

I hope the NHS work to almost full capacity like they do in most Winter months and treat all in need, turning no one away from their doors. But I won't be holding my breath with the types of people in charge pushing fearful stay at home orders and lockdowns. I can however be sure of one thing; the mainstream media will rinse this crisis until the very last drop.
PreviousNext