Jan 29 200619 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 am  
little wayne69 wrote:
I don't recall making a comment on this thread before now but I realise I must have because every time a post is made it flags up in the corner of my screen, maybe I might have made a teeny one earlier when a simplistic view was all it took instead of a page and a half lecture on things we don't really need to know, however I digress I can remember you in the late fifties and the early part of the sixties when armed with your sandwich board planted firmly on your shoulders along with your banner revealing that the world is nigh used to walk up and down Kirkgate to as far as the ground at Bellevue peddling your beliefs, and I say that without a hint of sarcasm, and it leads me to think that it must be so much easier for you now with the social media outlets available that you can now reach out to thousands upon thousands of people to instill your beliefs on, good old days don't apply here :D

Well, seeing as the world was on the brink of nuclear war back then what did you expect on my sandwich board.
And yes, it is much easier nowadays, those gabadeen macks could get awfully wet and smelly during a Belle Vue winter.
Thankfully Mr Khrushchev, on a visit to Trinty, saw my sandwich board, went home, had a think, and the whole thing was called off.
The best one was the sandwich board of 1938. "HITLER MUST BE STOPPED."
Thankfully Mr Churchill was taking in Trin v Fev, saw my board and the rest is history :D

You say
"lecture on things we don't really need to know"

16.525 views, some may disagree with you. But your objections have been noted.
Sorry 16,584 views.

Anything else ?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain904
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 20159 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Oct 24 22:279th Oct 24 20:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:39 am  
Just a few of my points of view for all you lockdown believers.
Covid 19 is relatively harmless to the majority of the popolation [latest figures out to 18 Oct. 2020 show the average median age of death with covid 19 is 82 years and more significantly the presence of comorbidities is in 90% of all cases / deaths.
Throughout this pandemic the Goverment has manipulated the Covid stats to present the strongest possible case for supporting lockdowns and other rules that are impinging on our basic freedoms, and not necsessarily the true picture behind this virus.
We never get the data breakdowns of covid deaths, e.g. what were the age bands and were there any underlying serious conditions / comorbidities? Many of these deaths with covid were not actually the sole cause for those that, sadly passed away.
Yes,they may have had the virus,but alongside other serious conditions they had,it wouldn't have helped - but the cause of death Covid 19 only? i don't think so.
Statistics for England also show that age is the strongest predictor of death by Covid19, for over 75 s if you get the virus 11.6 % will die from it. For the age group 65 - 74 the risk of death if you get the virus is 3.1% ,for age group 45 - 64 the risk is 0.5% and for 15 years to 44 years old the risk is 0.03 %
Also for some reason, men are nearly twice as likely to die from covid than females, figures to date show approx. 64% male deaths to 36 % for women.
Furthermore the "Great Barrington Declaration" which thousands of scientists and academic professionals from around the world have signed recently has stated that the costs of lockdowns, rules re hospitatility, the 3 tier system etc. etc. are causing 1000's and thousands of unnecessary deaths from the NHS and hospitals not dealing with other serious medical issues or people not seeking treatment due to the incessant messages from the goverment.
The goverment should protect the vunerable and let the rest of us get on with living our normal lifes, nobody is stopping you self isolating or wearing a mask if that is what you want,or that is the science that you choose to believe.
Flu, pneumonia, heart disease, cancer ,alzeimers, suicides, deaths from these if put side by side with covid19 and we will all be able to judge better the risks,
Like that old lass of 83 from Barnsley on the BBC news yesterday, who hit the nail on the head, she said she won't be around when the bill for all this comes in, but our children and grandchildren will be paying for all this madness for years to come.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3073
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Oct 24 22:1812th Oct 24 10:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:56 am  
KevW60349 wrote:
Just a few of my points of view for all you lockdown believers.
Covid 19 is relatively harmless to the majority of the popolation [latest figures out to 18 Oct. 2020 show the average median age of death with covid 19 is 82 years and more significantly the presence of comorbidities is in 90% of all cases / deaths.
Throughout this pandemic the Goverment has manipulated the Covid stats to present the strongest possible case for supporting lockdowns and other rules that are impinging on our basic freedoms, and not necsessarily the true picture behind this virus.
We never get the data breakdowns of covid deaths, e.g. what were the age bands and were there any underlying serious conditions / comorbidities? Many of these deaths with covid were not actually the sole cause for those that, sadly passed away.
Yes,they may have had the virus,but alongside other serious conditions they had,it wouldn't have helped - but the cause of death Covid 19 only? i don't think so.
Statistics for England also show that age is the strongest predictor of death by Covid19, for over 75 s if you get the virus 11.6 % will die from it. For the age group 65 - 74 the risk of death if you get the virus is 3.1% ,for age group 45 - 64 the risk is 0.5% and for 15 years to 44 years old the risk is 0.03 %
Also for some reason, men are nearly twice as likely to die from covid than females, figures to date show approx. 64% male deaths to 36 % for women.
Furthermore the "Great Barrington Declaration" which thousands of scientists and academic professionals from around the world have signed recently has stated that the costs of lockdowns, rules re hospitatility, the 3 tier system etc. etc. are causing 1000's and thousands of unnecessary deaths from the NHS and hospitals not dealing with other serious medical issues or people not seeking treatment due to the incessant messages from the goverment.
The goverment should protect the vunerable and let the rest of us get on with living our normal lifes, nobody is stopping you self isolating or wearing a mask if that is what you want,or that is the science that you choose to believe.
Flu, pneumonia, heart disease, cancer ,alzeimers, suicides, deaths from these if put side by side with covid19 and we will all be able to judge better the risks,
Like that old lass of 83 from Barnsley on the BBC news yesterday, who hit the nail on the head, she said she won't be around when the bill for all this comes in, but our children and grandchildren will be paying for all this madness for years to come.

Good post Kev.
Also the thing that really boils my urine is the following...
"New infections/Deaths with a positive test in the last 28 days"
What does that tell us?
For example, you could be infected, but with no symptoms, get knocked down by a bus and be recorded as one of these deaths.... :CRAZY:
As for the 83 year old, good proper Barnsley lass - says what she sees!
....bet she was a warm 'un in her youth! :lol:
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player39No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 18 20204 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Jul 24 18:563rd Mar 22 20:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 am  
Who knew that the Wakefield Trinity Supporters Club had a tin foil hat division? :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 24 21:559th Sep 24 10:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 am  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
Good post Kev.
Also the thing that really boils my urine is the following...
"New infections/Deaths with a positive test in the last 28 days"
What does that tell us?
For example, you could be infected, but with no symptoms, get knocked down by a bus and be recorded as one of these deaths.... :CRAZY:
As for the 83 year old, good proper Barnsley lass - says what she sees!
....bet she was a warm 'un in her youth! :lol:

The obvious question with this is, why the government (any government in any country) would want to show a virus to be more prevalent than it is and thus, want to lockdown the economy, which in turn will put massive pressure on the public purse, leading to tax increases and ultimately reduce the likelihood of them re gaining power at the next election.

I agree that there will be manipulation of all sorts of figures. "Lies, damn lies and statistics" and all that but, with everyone becoming increasingly hacked of with various lockdowns/restrictions and riots likely to follow (at some point) their vested interest would be to go the Brazilian route and pretend that there's nothing wrong but, they look to be making more of a balls of things than the UK.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3073
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Oct 24 22:1812th Oct 24 10:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
The obvious question with this is, why the government (any government in any country) would want to show a virus to be more prevalent than it is and thus, want to lockdown the economy, which in turn will put massive pressure on the public purse, leading to tax increases and ultimately reduce the likelihood of them re gaining power at the next election.

I agree that there will be manipulation of all sorts of figures. "Lies, damn lies and statistics" and all that but, with everyone becoming increasingly hacked of with various lockdowns/restrictions and riots likely to follow (at some point) their vested interest would be to go the Brazilian route and pretend that there's nothing wrong but, they look to be making more of a balls of things than the UK.

It is the obvious question and maybe there is some credence to what the doubters have said on here.
I am looking at it from a healthcare research perspective in the fact that I am purely looking at mortality figures which don't entirely show - as you point out - the correct figures regarding solely the Covid deaths.
I am at a loss to why the Govt would do this, with regard to tax collection and employment. as you have also pointed out.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:

What we've seen happen among the people of free nations is a sobering reminder of how fear has a powerful disabling effect on the ability to think rationally. When people ask how the Germans could allowed have things to get so out of control back in the 1930s , the answer will be "well, just look at what happened during Covid in 2020."

Having studied 1930s Germany I recognise the mindset of those on here, you in particular wrencat, I see the tactics you and your cohorts use being used back then in an attempt to discredit anyone simply asking questions let alone having the audacity to offer an answer. Back then they would be accused of being a jew or a communist today it's “a David Icke” or “tin foil hat.”

Free speech is under attack, debate de-railed by your insults and smears.
Do you make any wonder so few people are willing to come on here to answer your strange (after 51 pages?) question, here it is: “The obvious question with this is, why the government (any government in any country) would want to show a virus to be more prevalent than it is “

You enablers of this tyranny have a lot to answer for. Just as well you can hide your (future) shame behind the anonymity of your user name and hide your face behind a mask. Because the truth will come out, you can not offer the excuse “I didn't know.” You may not accept an answer, and that is your right, but that does not excuse your 100% support of this tyrrany being imposed upon us.
A pity you fail to answer any of my questions put to you on pg. 50 just as Poptart fails to back up his many smears.
I will say this, no matter how much all this is discredited with the bogus figures, discredited tests, backtracking by the WHO on lockdown, The government you support WILL NOT LET THIS GO.

PS.
The Nazis had a phrase to gain compliance; 'Fur ihre sicherheit'- IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY”

All 99.9% of us.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 24 21:559th Sep 24 10:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:23 am  
Miro wrote:
What we've seen happen among the people of free nations is a sobering reminder of how fear has a powerful disabling effect on the ability to think rationally. When people ask how the Germans could allowed have things to get so out of control back in the 1930s , the answer will be "well, just look at what happened during Covid in 2020."

Having studied 1930s Germany I recognise the mindset of those on here, you in particular wrencat, I see the tactics you and your cohorts use being used back then in an attempt to discredit anyone simply asking questions let alone having the audacity to offer an answer. Back then they would be accused of being a jew or a communist today it's “a David Icke” or “tin foil hat.”

Do you make any wonder so few people are willing to come on here to answer your strange (after 51 pages?) question, here it is: “The obvious question with this is, why the government (any government in any country) would want to show a virus to be more prevalent than it is “

You enablers of this tyranny have a lot to answer for. Just as well you can hide your (future) shame behind the anonymity of your user name and hide your face behind a mask. Because the truth will come out, you can not offer the excuse “I didn't know.” You may not accept an answer, and that is your right, but that does not excuse your 100% support of this tyrrany being imposed upon us.
A pity you fail to answer any of my questions put to you on pg. 50 just as Poptart fails to back up his many smears.
I will say this, no matter how much all this is discredited with the bogus figures, discredited tests, backtracking by the WHO on lockdown, The government you support WILL NOT LET THIS GO.

PS.
The Nazis had a phrase to gain compliance; 'Fur ihre sicherheit'- IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY”

All 99.9% of us.

I find some of your comparisons somewhat offensive.
And comparing the actions of governments in every corner of the planet, including places like New Zealand, who have taken similar but more effective action, in largely ridding itself of the virus, seem to go against you "they're all out to get us" ideas.
Sorry, pal, but, just because I dont buy into the bogey man theory, doesn't put me in the same category as the Nazis :SHOOT:

Just where the hell do you come up with phrases like "enablers of this tyranny" :CRAZY:

The "tyranny" exists only in your head and it may well be that some are just trying to help rid us of the virus.

Unlike yourself, I dont have any personal agenda here. Maybe your the one trying to build a new dictatorial movement.
Last edited by wrencat1873 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:19 am  
I like a good history lesson please do tell us miro about Germany back in the 1930s
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3011
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 22 200519 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 22 07:2417th Sep 22 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Hiding behind a palm tree in the mountains

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:10 am  
Miro wrote:

PS.

All 99.9% of us.

I just wanted to pick up on this idea of the WHO backtracking on lock down. Can you show us evidence of the WHO previously supporting lock down?
They did have it as a last resort to gain some time to put other measures in place, but I can't see anywhere they actually supported it as a method of combating the virus. Their position has not changed - so no backtracking
PreviousNext