OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 22 07:2417th Sep 22 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Hiding behind a palm tree in the mountains

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:01 am  
Miro wrote:
This is the guy who poo pood 600,000 signatures , now he's saying 1,575 from the whole of the USA is meaningfull figure. I don't care what yougov say, it aint.

This is why they get it so wrong, YouGov my arris. Not suprised tthese pollsters got the Brexit forcast wrong or Trump winning the race for the White House, or Corbin.....No, I'll stop here.

Remember, " Lies, damned lies, and statistics " is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments.

OK, I've found your petition:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... t-humanity

It's a government run online petition site, much like the one we have in the UK. Over here you need 10k to get a government response and 100k for them to consider it for debate in the house.

It seems in the US you need to get 100k within 30 days to get a government response within 60 days. Your petition was started on 10th April and apparently achieved its target of 100k before 10th May. However, the government appear to have completely ignored it and made no response.

Another petition started on 20th January 2017 demanding the Donald release his tax returns has 1,114,870 and did get a response
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... compliance
A response to your petition
Thank you for signing this We the People petition.

Please note that this petition is not within the scope of the Terms of Participation of We the People, as the President’s decision regarding whether to release the tax returns does not address an action or policy of the Federal Government.

Thank you, again, for contacting the White House.

Your petition didn't even get this common courtesy.

Obviously, online petitions are not accessible to everyone and not all will be engaged in such a way, despite social media viral effects.

So, to try and get some perspective on the scale of 600k signatures on such a petition.
In the UK, the big Brexit petitions reached something like 6 million signatures.Say an equal number are also against, that's 12 million. So, as a ballpark 20% of the population are actively able to sign petitions in the UK.

Assuming the similar proportions in the US, that's 60 million people.

So, as an estimate, your petition got 600k out of a potential 60 million, or a whole 1%.
It was then totally ignored by the government, despite meeting their requirements for a response.
Treated with the contempt it deserves.
Miro wrote:
This is the guy who poo pood 600,000 signatures , now he's saying 1,575 from the whole of the USA is meaningfull figure. I don't care what yougov say, it aint.

This is why they get it so wrong, YouGov my arris. Not suprised tthese pollsters got the Brexit forcast wrong or Trump winning the race for the White House, or Corbin.....No, I'll stop here.

Remember, " Lies, damned lies, and statistics " is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments.

It's a government run online petition site, much like the one we have in the UK. Over here you need 10k to get a government response and 100k for them to consider it for debate in the house.

It seems in the US you need to get 100k within 30 days to get a government response within 60 days. Your petition was started on 10th April and apparently achieved its target of 100k before 10th May. However, the government appear to have completely ignored it and made no response.

Another petition started on 20th January 2017 demanding the Donald release his tax returns has 1,114,870 and did get a response
Thank you for signing this We the People petition.

Please note that this petition is not within the scope of the Terms of Participation of We the People, as the President’s decision regarding whether to release the tax returns does not address an action or policy of the Federal Government.

Thank you, again, for contacting the White House.

Obviously, online petitions are not accessible to everyone and not all will be engaged in such a way, despite social media viral effects.

So, to try and get some perspective on the scale of 600k signatures on such a petition.
In the UK, the big Brexit petitions reached something like 6 million signatures.Say an equal number are also against, that's 12 million. So, as a ballpark 20% of the population are actively able to sign petitions in the UK.

So, as an estimate, your petition got 600k out of a potential 60 million, or a whole 1%.
It was then totally ignored by the government, despite meeting their requirements for a response.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20869
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Oct 24 19:3212th Oct 24 07:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:36 am  
Miro wrote:
Seriously, you have nothing better to than defend this joker? The one who stoops to accusing a fellow poster of “paranoid psychosis.” The one who contributes nothing, And you a moderator? By Eck Pop Tart, this shows how desperate you are to have a pop at yours truly. (no pun intended)

Answer: October 26th 2020. No one respoded to the rugby bit, only the "covid" bit. I mean, what can ya do??? I tried.

Such a short post and you miss or choose to miss the part where I say "not that I don't agree with you"
But the point is, it's a bit rich accusing someone of only posting about Covid when it is literally your life's work right now.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 24 21:559th Sep 24 10:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 am  
48756c6c20 524c4643 wrote:
Produce evidence of an isolated novel virus, CDC admit this has not being done, paper from CDC admit that they used a computer algorithm to produce a 'virus' and then by consensus declared it as SARS0-COV-2
All the data from around the world proves there's no pandemic, never was and certainly isn't a second wave.

And that's not a wifi password, but you'll never have enough brain power to deduce what it is, are you 'blue pill people', wishing for your freedom to be taken away, you want society to continued to be destroyed and more lives lost because of the criminal actions taken by governments around the world. If you're not then why are you backing what these criminals are doing and not looking at proper science/data, unlike the wildly distorted crud coming out of the supposed leaders?

"lives destroyed by governments around the world"

Well, there's something that NEVER happened before. Where do you want to go with this subject ??

You ask if "we" ant our freedom taken away and yes some of the countries that have "got rid" of the virus seem happy to return the "freedoms" that their people had previously - not quite the lesson in control that "some" are trying to convince us all about :oops:
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:42 am  
coco the fullback wrote:

Of course it didn't get a "common courtesy" response. Why would the White House stoop to replying to only 600,000 people.

I had to smile when watching the TV program. "Succession" when one of the very very wealthy characters declared to his dirt poor relative.

I paraphrase here:

"You know, it's fkn great being rich, fkn great and you know what? The authorities won't touch you"
adding
"Yeah, we get to wear Superman costumes made by Armani."

Note "won't" not "can't"

I believe the author of this program has done his research very well indeed.
coco the fullback wrote:

Of course it didn't get a "common courtesy" response. Why would the White House stoop to replying to only 600,000 people.

I had to smile when watching the TV program. "Succession" when one of the very very wealthy characters declared to his dirt poor relative.

I paraphrase here:

"You know, it's fkn great being rich, fkn great and you know what? The authorities won't touch you"
adding

Note "won't" not "can't"

Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:51 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
It's called the scattergun approach.
Standard deflection tactics when the argument is lost.

There are literally hundreds of websites churning out the same bilge that Miro is trying to convince the RL world about.
Some of them enjoy setting mobile phone masts on fire.
Too many sci fi movies at a young age but, they really have latched on to the covid issue, big time.

Here we go folks, sci fi movies, setting masts alight. Any one see the hypocrisy let alone the shear stupidity of this post?
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:59 am  
PopTart wrote:
Such a short post and you miss or choose to miss the part where I say "not that I don't agree with you"
But the point is, it's a bit rich accusing someone of only posting about Covid when it is literally your life's work right now.

Oh come on Pop Tart. He totally objects to this thread so why sign up to land on here? Talk about a troll.
Somewhat different to my perspective who came on here to honor the threads title.

PS. Is it now ok to accuse fellow posters of having a mental illness Mr Moderator?
Yes or no.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:01 am  
Miro wrote:
Here we go folks, sci fi movies, setting masts alight. Any one see the hypocrisy let alone the shear stupidity of this post?

No masts set on fire by those sharing your belief then ??
And if we're talking about stupidity.............................................
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:08 am  
Miro wrote:

I paraphrase here:

adding

Note "won't" not "can't"

You do know it's satire, dont you.?
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:09 am  
PopTart wrote:
All the data proves no pandemic? Really?

In answer to 48756c6c20 524c4643
And I'm much more likely to believe the words of democratically elected politicians than some anonymous poster on a rugby forum.
Why you think you are the all knowing I'm not sure but remember you are a visitor on this forum. You are welcome to post but if you come on just looking for a fight I'll have to stop you posting on here.

Oh Boy...You couldn't make this up.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200619 years324th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What now for fans watching ? - Covid chat : Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:11 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
You do know it's satire, dont you.?

Oh yes. But many a true word spoken in jest.
PreviousNext