22 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:13 pm  
Haywire wrote:
I think the most likely way to stamp this out is if us (and by 'us' I mean decent, reasonably well behaved) fans to ensure these undesirables using repeated and unessecery foul and abusive language are made clear to them that this type of behaviour unwelcome - becuase the one thing I know for certain is that there are plenty more decent fand than there are idiots. I am sure there is an old proverb about all that evil needs to prosper is for good men to do nothing - now I know its a bit melodromatic but the point stands for me.

Good point - and it stands for me too.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 28 200816 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Oct 23 12:2416th Oct 23 12:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:30 pm  
agree with both rebel and haywire.
i said the f word very loud twice yesterday, one at atkins and one at moore for the record,so under zero tolerance im banned!

however the holier than thou brigade are getting in my nerves too, oh i go but i never swear..yeah get real.

A lot of what happened chant wise was done whilst people were not watching the game. stewards should be able to identify those who are reacting to the game situation and those who are looking to cause trouble.

adams sculthorpe song i agree was pre-emptive abuse and should not be allowed, to be honest its about as clever as its nice to know your here.....etc
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2352No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Dec 09 13:0823rd Dec 09 12:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We put this festival on you b*st*rds
With a lotta love
We worked for one year for you pigs
And you wanna break our walls down
And you wanna destroy us
Well you go to hell

FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE "WE LOVE KORKI" (2009) CLUB

: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:37 pm  
chapster wrote:
agree with both rebel and haywire.
i said the f word very loud twice yesterday, one at atkins and one at moore for the record,so under zero tolerance im banned!

however the holier than thou brigade are getting in my nerves too, oh i go but i never swear..yeah get real.

A lot of what happened chant wise was done whilst people were not watching the game. stewards should be able to identify those who are reacting to the game situation and those who are looking to cause trouble.

adams sculthorpe song i agree was pre-emptive abuse and should not be allowed, to be honest its about as clever as its nice to know your here.....etc

I don't think anybody goes to an RL match and expects to go through the whole game without hearing a bit of effing and geoffing - but I think there is an important difference between something that bursts out in anger and frustration and then the clown who every second word is C this, F that, or G you. I would not expect those around me not to engage in the odd sprinkling of expletives, but a line needs to be drawn.

As for songs, as previously mentioned - I am not sure on this one. For me the C word needs stamping out completely, but other than that I am not sure when it comes to singing.....
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 28 200816 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Oct 23 12:2416th Oct 23 12:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 pm  
basically im this way

if anyone facing away from the pitch during play and hurling abuse consistanty either in song or not, their out....end of!

if i say ffs ryan there was a f........ overlap there why on earth cant you learn to pass the f.... balll, i stay in!

then again im being jury to my own crimes based on my own rules!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 13 16:469th Sep 13 20:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:46 am  
RebelRebel wrote:
Explain one thing to me, Adam, because I just don't get it.

You criticise fans for the abuse they dish out during the game and their foul language, but you think it's OK to post the "Sculthorpe song" on here and encourage others to join in the sing-song. Where's the difference? What am I missing here?

I ask the questions sincerely, because I genuinely don't understand why people complain about being pulled up for swearing on this forum, or post vulgar songs about players that they want to sing at matches, and then criticise some nobody in the ground who swears his head off all afternoon and is caught doing so on Radio Leeds.

Standards have to start somewhere. We all swear, we all lose it at times, but maybe the emphasis should be on self-control and setting a good example? Decent people - that's how we'd all like to be remembered by other fans, isn't it?

Where have I said it is anything to do about foul language? Please tell me.

Please don’t put words into my mouth, thanks!

I am on about something complete different. I don't mind swearing at a rugby game as it’s bound to happen .
J.T 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 16 14:1916th Apr 16 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote]
[quote="vastman"]
honest to god your like a big and not very bright child.

[/quote]

[quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"]
You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of
Europe's major cities.[/quote]
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:29 am  
Haywire wrote:
The club are on a loser from the word go on this one, in my opinion. The alternative to the student type of steward we have at the moment (who you rightly say is not interested in putting themself at risk) is the 'bouncer' type steward as seen at Hull KR. Those lads took no crap from the lads who decided they wanted to stand up throughout the game, and look at the flack they got on here they got as a result.

I think the most likely way to stamp this out is if us (and by 'us' I mean decent, reasonably well behaved) fans to ensure these undesirables using repeated and unessecery foul and abusive language are made clear to them that this type of behaviour unwelcome - becuase the one thing I know for certain is that there are plenty more decent fand than there are idiots. I am sure there is an old proverb about all that evil needs to prosper is for good men to do nothing - now I know its a bit melodromatic but the point stands for me.

They only got flack on here from those who were rightly asked to sit down for me that says more about them than the stewards.

Whilst I agree upon your latter point there is always the opportunity for a situation to become worse if a 'non official' tries to sort it out hence why the 'student' stewards don't get involved as no one sees them as official or as someone they should listen to.
El Rey 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Sep 17 18:5426th Sep 17 18:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
onetiger = half a cabbage

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Winter is coming.

: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am  
crzaycat wrote:
There was a lad stood near us -behind the sticks - who was foul mouthed all the way through, criticising players for playing.. etc etc..
When a bloke with two young kids turned round and told him to shut it...they very nearly came to blows with the lad stating he would f**king say what he liked before storming off, only to come back and continue. Didnt help he was drinking all game though, one after another without stopping for breath!!
Maybe there needs to be more stewards spread over the crowd rather than stood at the back looking useless.

Part of the reason this is now on the board.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=421878

Its creeping back in at all grounds, but we don't intend to see it happen on this forum.
crzaycat wrote:
There was a lad stood near us -behind the sticks - who was foul mouthed all the way through, criticising players for playing.. etc etc..
When a bloke with two young kids turned round and told him to shut it...they very nearly came to blows with the lad stating he would f**king say what he liked before storming off, only to come back and continue. Didnt help he was drinking all game though, one after another without stopping for breath!!
Maybe there needs to be more stewards spread over the crowd rather than stood at the back looking useless.

Part of the reason this is now on the board.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=421878

Its creeping back in at all grounds, but we don't intend to see it happen on this forum.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2547No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 22 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Oct 12 13:0718th Oct 12 22:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[b]ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS MARCHING ONTO WAR "support our boys overseas"[/b]

: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:56 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
The swearing and generally abusive language by a group of gents in the stand (as commented on by Jamie Bloem) that was audible on the radio Leeds commentary was embarrassing.

well that DRUG CHEAT is well known for any excuse to have a go at Wakefield, he should remember the time he himself came out with a torrent of abuse "foul mouthed at that" aimed at some wakey fans when he played for Halifax at the end of a game, and the very young children present did not stop him.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2029No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st May 15 03:2216th Aug 13 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hull FC Barnsley Branch (Well, 3of us!)

Barnsley Black 'N Whites.
The Best of Hull,
With added 'Tarn'....

Staffs FC wrote:
"Dennis knows more about RL than I ever will and I need him to teach me how to be a coach."

: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:42 pm  
You can thank us for at least moving Mister Foul Mouth on.He was a proper anger management case study. He was at it all the first half and we just kept taking the p!ss out of him much to the amusement of those around us. He didn't return second half :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2029No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st May 15 03:2216th Aug 13 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hull FC Barnsley Branch (Well, 3of us!)

Barnsley Black 'N Whites.
The Best of Hull,
With added 'Tarn'....

Staffs FC wrote:
"Dennis knows more about RL than I ever will and I need him to teach me how to be a coach."

: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 pm  
Oh and by the way, thanks to both sets of fans for some great convos, laughs and banter (had my Hull shirt on). Made our day. Thanks to all.
The best one was a lady Wildcat who came and asked me what i was doing there. 'We're playing you aren't we?' I replied dead serious. When she told me no I just said 'Oh no, you're joking!'
She just stared at me in bewilderment till I sarted laughing.
That was when she hit me :shock: :lol:
PreviousNext