Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 11560
Location: wakefield
Big lads mate wrote:To see young Kershaw sobbing with emotion when greeting his family whilst fans were chanting his name was priceless , that’s what it means for young scholarship lads to play for this great club :CLAP: outstanding from the young lad take a bow :BOW:


I was sat there. Great to witness that. Deserves all the praise he got.






A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:56 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 190
ThePrinter wrote:Hardly a miracle we’re missing around 8/9 ourselves and had a day less turnaround. We’ve got a 19 year old making his debut starting 2nd row in Trout and another 19 year old whose only played a couple of SL games at centre

Walker, Hurrell, Cuthbertson, Ward, Ablett, Crosby, JJB, Cam Smith and new signing Seumanufagai hasn’t arrived yet. Potentially only JJB who wouldn’t get in our strongest 17 if everyone was fit.

Sorry mate but name your best 17 including all those you have names and don't include suema wotsit cos he hasn't played for you yet

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:57 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 11497
What an afternoon.
Bright hot sunny day and BV packed out (well as packed as we are allowed), bare bones of a squad and then Woody a late casualty.
It could only mean one thing, a Rhinos victory.
Young Kershaw on debut, with MCB moving into centre and Crowther playing 9, another young kid in the halves, partnering our regular FB.
Talk about doing it tough but, boy, how they did it.
Although not emphatic, this is without doubt the performance of the season.
For dogged defence, adversity and true grit (dont know if Butch Reynolds was in that one) this was superb and young Kershaw was immense.
What a debut and what a moment for the lad to go 70/80 metres to score, brilliant.

Great effort by Crowther, thrown in late at hooker and its a credit to the lad that you hardly noticed that Wood was missing and usual raps to the engine room of the side, especially the big lads, backing up so soon after Thursday.

I am one very proud Trinity fan :BOW: :BOW: :BOW: :BOW:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:58 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3487
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
Big lads mate wrote:To see young Kershaw sobbing with emotion when greeting his family whilst fans were chanting his name was priceless , that’s what it means for young scholarship lads to play for this great club :CLAP: outstanding from the young lad take a bow :BOW:

Was an outstanding game from Kershaw.






Continue to support the new stadium at Newmarket Lane.
You know it makes sense.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:59 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 11497
PopTart wrote:I'm happy for Kershaw and MCB to stay where they are for a while.
No need to rush anyone back.


It was a great move by Chester, putting MCB at centre and Kershaw on the wing :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 2957
Location: advertising my villa
Looks like you will be 3rd after our game. Can't see us coming back. You guys must be happy with that.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:18 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:33 pm
Posts: 526
wrencat1873 wrote:What an afternoon.
Bright hot sunny day and BV packed out (well as packed as we are allowed), bare bones of a squad and then Woody a late casualty.
It could only mean one thing, a Rhinos victory.
Young Kershaw on debut, with MCB moving into centre and Crowther playing 9, another young kid in the halves, partnering our regular FB.
Talk about doing it tough but, boy, how they did it.
Although not emphatic, this is without doubt the performance of the season.
For dogged defence, adversity and true grit (dont know if Butch Reynolds was in that one) this was superb and young Kershaw was immense.
What a debut and what a moment for the lad to go 70/80 metres to score, brilliant.

Great effort by Crowther, thrown in late at hooker and its a credit to the lad that you hardly noticed that Wood was missing and usual raps to the engine room of the side, especially the big lads, backing up so soon after Thursday.

I am one very proud Trinity fan :BOW: :BOW: :BOW: :BOW:


This and if I'd seen young Kershaw with his family I'd probably been have been choked too. I've had to work all Easter and called some favours in to get away early today. Am I glad I did :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:32 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 3894
Yosemite Sam wrote:This and if I'd seen young Kershaw with his family I'd probably been have been choked too. I've had to work all Easter and called some favours in to get away early today. Am I glad I did :D

The wife and daughter were Yosemite, glad I witnessed it, one of the highlights in all the years I’ve watched Trinity :thumb:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 11497
Big lads mate wrote:The wife and daughter were Yosemite, glad I witnessed it, one of the highlights in all the years I’ve watched Trinity :thumb:


The lad must have had a cracking day.
A faultless debut and most of us can only dream of scoring that kind of try, especially against Leeds.

Really chuffed for the lad (and his family and friends).

He made a lot of Trinity fans very happy as well :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:27 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: Barnsley
ThePrinter wrote:As for wanting it both ways, plenty of Wakey fans were boasting of their strength in depth preseason so you can’t have it both ways too.


Erm, didn't we just cope with our sitiation, and win? Just checking.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next





It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,911,58676877,6514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 6th Jul 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Thu 18th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 2nd Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 15th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33

.