JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 19 20168 years282nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 20:3810th Apr 24 19:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:27 pm  
Well, I dunno, I thought we were on it for the first 10, then we made a few mistakes/got a few bad calls and we let Cas have the rest of that half on the back of them.
Not blaming the ref, we've gotta step up when things don't go for us, simple as that.
I also dunno about the pass to PP hitting Astons head, it didn't go to vid ref so I haven't seen a proper slo mo but there was talk of it hitting PP's hand after Aston, mebbe the ref saw that, who knows.....anyway, its yesterdays chip paper.
What I do know is, Aston jr is very much like angry man Aston snr, and it won't be long before he gets leveled if he doesn't knock the grubby stuff on the head.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1194
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 05 200519 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 09:449th Jan 24 12:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 am  
wotsupcas wrote:
You can say anything you want about us starting slowly and making mistakes, but the fact remains he made some glaring "errors"and they were all in cas's favour. I can cope with crap refs because they will make mistakes both ways but all the" mistakes" seemed to go against us on Fri. BTW I don't think the pen against Reece when Mcmeekin knocked him over at the PTB can be classed as a mistake.. It was downright cheating or bias

If you’re going to attack the performance of a referee you’d be better served critically analysing the whole game & all the mistakes he made rather than just bleating about how “all the mistakes seemed to go against wakey” & how all the glaring errors were in Cas’ favour. What you’re suggesting isn’t poor officiating, it’s cheating & whilst ever your thinking like that then you’re never going to get the outcome you want (unless we’re talking about Thaler; then I’m defiantly on the “the refs a cheat train”)!! ;) :)
RankPostsTeam
International Star325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 201212 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Sep 21 22:221st Sep 21 10:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 pm  
Daddycool wrote:
Ref blaming/bashing is just tiresome. I bet he didn’t make 10% of the errors that we did. However it’s symptomatic of modern society. Always looking for it to be someone else’s fault!!

Anyone can make a mistake especially in a fast paced game. However of bigger concern is Mr Kendall’s refusal to use the technology available to him on Friday night to ensure he made the correct decision. A potential knock on from Clare and the ‘knock on’ by Pauli Pauli spring to mind. Surely the club need to be questioning the inability of an experienced referee to use the technology available to him?
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4145
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years216th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 14:4916th Mar 24 09:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm  
Well I'll have to watch that game back but I thought he was garbage once again...
RankPostsTeam
International Star906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201410 years205th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:2512th Mar 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm  
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
If you’re going to attack the performance of a referee you’d be better served critically analysing the whole game & all the mistakes he made rather than just bleating about how “all the mistakes seemed to go against wakey” & how all the glaring errors were in Cas’ favour. What you’re suggesting isn’t poor officiating, it’s cheating & whilst ever your thinking like that then you’re never going to get the outcome you want (unless we’re talking about Thaler; then I’m defiantly on the “the refs a cheat train”)!! ;) :)

OK. Can't go through every offside, ball steals or not standing square throughout the whole match as I'm sure he made mistakes both ways. However there were 4 key decisions that all went your way and either resulted in you scoring or us being denied scores. The Lyne penalty when we had the ball, the pass that came off Aston’s head when we scored, the flop on Reynolds by Trueman after he kicked forward and the foul on BJB in the corner which I believe your guy has got a match for. All in your favour and in my humble opinion as it was a 2 point ball game affected the result. Over to you
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11796No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:1317th Apr 24 18:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm  
I personally thought Kendall wasn't bad at all today.

Maybe I'm saying that because we won. :lol:

The only thing I could maybe point out is the lack of a yellow card for the Leeds player when mCB was lifted well over the horizontal.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 20186 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 22 19:095th Dec 22 19:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:20 pm  
Well daddy cool I appreciate your honesty and your overall goodwill to the game & it's officials, & of course any referee/s can make a mistake. What the problem is - is that when a referee constantly makes/ games the wrong decision, example Kendle today ! Not the penalties given which with 1/2 your gone 8 - 3 leeds but I began to take notice after the first 2 sets of plays, leeds with the ball, he only shouted held when held with 3 player's until the leeds player was downed or wholey held, this being fair enough !
However, when wakefield held the ball he shouted held early would not let a wakefield player push for more ground as he did for leeds players !
To magnify this, leeds players held us far longer to play the ball - this he let them do ! yet he pinged us for slow play the balls when & if he could !
Finally, in the first half wakey did an up and under, we ran forward in support, he let play go on pointing out to the wakey player not to tackle, so our player stopped, leeds full back dropped the ball knocking on with no contact by a wakey player, our other players from on side ran up but seeing this blew for a free kick, North standers disgusted as he only blew up on the knock on once leeds full back failed to pick up the ball !
The final bitter poor decision was a blatant forward short pass for leeds last try !
Yes we won, that does not excuse poor standard, he was right there when the leeds player pushed the ball forward around our defender., Our players were not happy with him !
In fact it's getting to the point in all games, WAKEY can only win if we have clear undisputed tries outscoring above constant poor decisions !
I know PC, pundits will put these points of view down, but you cannot Kid all of the people all of the time by being PC, which I appreciate you have to do + CC & the players !
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10336
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:5417th Apr 24 14:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:34 pm  
TrinTrin wrote:
The final bitter poor decision was a blatant forward short pass for leeds last try !
Yes we won, that does not excuse poor standard, he was right there when the leeds player pushed the ball forward around our defender., Our players were not happy with him !
!

Yes that was a blatant forward. The guy spilled the ball in front of himself. Wonder if the fact it was a consolation try swayed the linesman's decision?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Dec 20 09:0113th Aug 20 06:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:27 pm  
TrinTrin wrote:
Well daddy cool I appreciate your honesty and your overall goodwill to the game & it's officials, & of course any referee/s can make a mistake. What the problem is - is that when a referee constantly makes/ games the wrong decision, example Kendle today ! Not the penalties given which with 1/2 your gone 8 - 3 leeds but I began to take notice after the first 2 sets of plays, leeds with the ball, he only shouted held when held with 3 player's until the leeds player was downed or wholey held, this being fair enough !
However, when wakefield held the ball he shouted held early would not let a wakefield player push for more ground as he did for leeds players !
To magnify this, leeds players held us far longer to play the ball - this he let them do ! yet he pinged us for slow play the balls when & if he could !
Finally, in the first half wakey did an up and under, we ran forward in support, he let play go on pointing out to the wakey player not to tackle, so our player stopped, leeds full back dropped the ball knocking on with no contact by a wakey player, our other players from on side ran up but seeing this blew for a free kick, North standers disgusted as he only blew up on the knock on once leeds full back failed to pick up the ball !
In fact it's getting to the point in all games, WAKEY can only win if we have clear undisputed tries outscoring above constant poor decisions !
I know PC, pundits will put these points of view down, but you cannot Kid all of the people all of the time by being PC, which I appreciate you have to do + CC & the players !

I guess that’s where we’ll differ. I watched us, not the referee
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3610
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20 20158 years173rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 06:2514th Apr 24 11:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendal double trouble : Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:54 am  
Those in the middle do a tough job.

I am a big believer in that poor decisions over the course of the season, go for and against you, and tend to level themselves out over time.

I do agree with Daddycool here, regarding ref bagging. They don't knock on and miss tackles etc.

My only gripe with refereeing is the inconsistency, and how they are getting sucked in too easily with teams milking penalties. The penalty in the Catalan game last night, where the player passed the ball into the player was a total farce.

I was talking to a fan of a visiting team to Belle Vue earlier this year, as we had left the ground and walking in the same direction, we both overheard other fans bagging the referee, and we both agreed that there were things missed for both sides. He said maybe that refs should earn more, but when they make huge errors, make them more accountable for them.
PreviousNext