WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Kendal double trouble

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Kendal double trouble

Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:22 pm  

User avatarEgg Banjo wrote:
Egg Banjo User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 1107
Willzay wrote:
All I know is it's a job I wouldn't like to do!


There's lots of jobs that I wouldn't do either, but that's not an excuse for those that do do the job to do it poorly
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 624
You can have all the discipline you want, if a ref wants to penalise, he will ! Let's stop kidding about this whole subject, I have watched most NRL games this season & the refs are way ahead of ours in all aspects, so if they can do it, why the he'll can't ours !!!!!!
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:20 pm  

User avatarDeeencee wrote:
Deeencee User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:45 am
Posts: 362
TrinTrin wrote:
You can have all the discipline you want, if a ref wants to penalise, he will ! Let's stop kidding about this whole subject, I have watched most NRL games this season & the refs are way ahead of ours in all aspects, so if they can do it, why the he'll can't ours !!!!!!

Maybe because they have 2 helping each other. We have 1 ref and 2 touch judges who don’t actually do anything just run up and down the line
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:39 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 1883
Daddycool wrote:
Ref blaming/bashing is just tiresome. I bet he didn’t make 10% of the errors that we did. However it’s symptomatic of modern society. Always looking for it to be someone else’s fault!!


Bet you've had long arguments over that subject with Chezzy then. Daddycool
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:49 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 1883
Daddycool wrote:
Ref blaming/bashing is just tiresome. I bet he didn’t make 10% of the errors that we did. However it’s symptomatic of modern society. Always looking for it to be someone else’s fault!!


Don't think it's particularly symptomatic of today; The referee has come in for severe criticism in all the sixty-odd years that I've been watching the game. Whereas at one time it was more bashing for bashing's sake, but now the standard has become so low that spectators expect someone who can at least do the job right for the amount we have to pay at the turnstiles.
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:06 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1985
Deeencee wrote:
Maybe because they have 2 helping each other. We have 1 ref and 2 touch judges who don’t actually do anything just run up and down the line


The refs on the NRL are well trained but above all extremely well paid, I believe it a 100k a year job. Tends to attract a lot more able people ready to take the flak at that price.
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:10 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1985
Redscat wrote:
Bet you've had long arguments over that subject with Chezzy then. Daddycool


I don’t think Chester blamed anything much on the ref this week. I think he very much blamed a lack lustre first half.

It not the ref that’s causing us to not start playing for the first 30 minutes, it’s that which is costing us.

Even in our best game against Leeds it took 15 minutes to get going. We will keep getting caught out until we realise that you start to play at minute one.
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:28 pm  

wotsupcas wrote:
wotsupcas Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 407
You can say anything you want about us starting slowly and making mistakes, but the fact remains he made some glaring "errors"and they were all in cas's favour. I can cope with crap refs because they will make mistakes both ways but all the" mistakes" seemed to go against us on Fri. BTW I don't think the pen against Reece when Mcmeekin knocked him over at the PTB can be classed as a mistake.. It was downright cheating or bias
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:08 pm  

MashPotatoes wrote:
MashPotatoes Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:52 am
Posts: 580
Daddycool wrote:
Ref blaming/bashing is just tiresome. I bet he didn’t make 10% of the errors that we did. However it’s symptomatic of modern society. Always looking for it to be someone else’s fault!!


I get this not blaming the ref scenario, they have a tough job when the sky cameras aren’t there and can be excused wrong calls. But the pass to Pauli which hit the Cas lads head was one for the video ref all day long. The question has to be asked why ?? Why ? WHY ? Not use the technology that’s available.

No ! to refs guessing because it makes them look cool because they’ve made a call that that they think they don’t need help on. Use the F. Ing technology to get the correct call ffs. In a tight league these calls with the cameras available need to be looked at. I don’t care who the ref is. RL is all about fine lines and officials need all the help that can get..... so when it’s available..... USE IT !!!
Re: Kendal double trouble Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1985
wotsupcas wrote:
You can say anything you want about us starting slowly and making mistakes, but the fact remains he made some glaring "errors"and they were all in cas's favour. I can cope with crap refs because they will make mistakes both ways but all the" mistakes" seemed to go against us on Fri. BTW I don't think the pen against Reece when Mcmeekin knocked him over at the PTB can be classed as a mistake.. It was downright cheating or bias


Are you saying he lost us the game? He didn’t in my opinion, we’d have lost even if he’d not made a few errors. We simply didn’t turn up in the first 40 and Cas did. This obsession with blaming the ref is feeding the trolls. As far as I can see we fair no better or worse than any other team, the refs may be poor and I tend to agree that they are but that doesn’t mean we get the results of this any more than anyone else.

If we play the game for 8o minutes I seriously doubt any ref could make enough errors to stop us winning.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4foxsake, bellycouldtackle, Brightside, charlie63wildcat, Dunkirk Spirit, Google [Bot], Khlav Kalash, LG83, MOPSEY LIVES ON, pamsboy, RealSteel89, Teltry, Travelling Wilbury, Trinity1964, Trinityknight, TURFEDOUT, Uncle Rico, Willzay and 129 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,083,5231,08978,2724,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts