Post subject: Re: 3rd place
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

outstanding result! very proud of the club what a win.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:20 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It's superb that we are through Easter and sitting 3rd in the table, almost half way through the regular season.
However, with 2019 likely to be the most competitive super league season on record, with every side (bar London) able to make the play offs and with only 4 points separating 3rd from 8th, with Wigan and KR just 2 points further back, we have to keep racking up the wins.
Hull FC next up, followed by Huddersfield and then another trip to London and all 3 games away from home.

We need to get behind the boys and get as many fans as possible to these 3 games and help the boys to victory.

The season so far has been superb and following Trinty is certainly not good for the ticker.

Come on Trin !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It's a pretty amazing place to be after such a tough period and quite a number of games that we should have won, but just managed to lose.

More broadly - does anyone else think this Easter thing has run its course? Watching busted, exhausted players and decimated teams drag themselves out for the 2nd game in 48-72 hours is painful; for me, given the hardships of modern RL on the players bodies, I think it's time to rethink.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bren2k wrote:It's a pretty amazing place to be after such a tough period and quite a number of games that we should have won, but just managed to lose.

More broadly - does anyone else think this Easter thing has run its course? Watching busted, exhausted players and decimated teams drag themselves out for the 2nd game in 48-72 hours is painful; for me, given the hardships of modern RL on the players bodies, I think it's time to rethink.

100% agree.
If you look at the side that Hull FC put out yesterday, it will be interesting to see if they benefit from resting so many players.
Unfortunately, Trinity may suffer the consequences of having to go with the same busted squad vs FC's "fresh" side.

On the plus side, our lads will be buzzing after yesterday and confidence and enthusiasm can go a long, long way. :D

However, it's crazy to expect players in such a high impact sport to play 3 times in 10/11 days

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bren2k wrote:It's a pretty amazing place to be after such a tough period and quite a number of games that we should have won, but just managed to lose.

Yes agree it's got to change
We can play a game/s each day over the four days And have each one on sky

2 games in 4 days is too much in the modern era

It's brilliant as a spectator to be able to watch your club twice but we already play too many games as it is

It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:58 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com