WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - On to Hull
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm
Posted by Sacred Cow on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 310
Rep Position: 146th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 2083
snowie wrote:
Ryan Atkins :PRAY:

Yep, the club is trying to get a deal done.

Be a bit harsh on Kershaw though.
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2158
Rep Position: 2nd / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13934
snowie wrote:
Conner & Shaul are the threat for me


When they are on their game, there are threats all over the park from Hull.
You didn't mention Sneyd or Kelly and that's before we mention any forwards.

However, this season's Trinity wont just roll over and it will be a great test of how to play in adversity.
Cas, have done this really well for the past couple of seasons and if we put up a decent showing (or find a way to win) just imagine what that does to the group of players.
The extra belief would be huge as we move into the second half of the season.

A decent showing and no new injuries would be excellent. Anything else would be a HUGE bonus.

The pressure is definitely on Hull :D
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:49 pm
Posted by snowie on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:49 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1296
Rep Position: 7th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20000
wrencat1873 wrote:
When they are on their game, there are threats all over the park from Hull.
You didn't mention Sneyd or Kelly and that's before we mention any forwards.

However, this season's Trinity wont just roll over and it will be a great test of how to play in adversity.
Cas, have done this really well for the past couple of seasons and if we put up a decent showing (or find a way to win) just imagine what that does to the group of players.
The extra belief would be huge as we move into the second half of the season.

A decent showing and no new injuries would be excellent. Anything else would be a HUGE bonus.

The pressure is definitely on Hull :D
don't reckon much to sneeeeeeeyd of late and kelly looks like he needs to go a serious diet, the rest will self destruct if we get a decent lead
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:00 pm
Posted by upthecats on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:00 pm
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 92
Rep Position: 296th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: Dewsbury
This one might just prove a game too far I fear.. Many say this is the toughest one over Easter...the one after the two close games...we had two real tough games that went right to the wire whereas Hull had a stroll in the park Friday and played touch and pass Monday...they also had the luxury of resting players while we haven’t...were down to the bare bones and having to play players not 100% I believe...big Dave for instance...

You can’t knock us this season though...these lads just keep surprising us...they go on about Saints and Wire being miles clear but after the shocker of round one at London we’ve been very consistent...just 4 defeats since then...the poor one at home to Hull KR played in a bog and the slowest ruck I’ve ever seen which did us no favours...then a six point defeat to Saints and two point defeats to both Warrington and Cas...you could argue we could have won all three of those two with a bounce of the ball or luck of a decision here or there!

Whatever happens Sunday, if we suffer a heavy defeat which is more than possible, going forward I wouldn’t read anything into it whatsoever..

I said it last week and I’ll say it again...if we can go there under current circumstances and come home with two points it will be one of the best two points for a long time...Hull have weaknesses clearly...they’re soft when not able to dominate...we on the other hand will fight until the very death...fingers crossed that the boys can pull off another shock!
Image
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:43 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:43 pm
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1050
Rep Position: 16th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1930
Sacred Cow wrote:
Yep, the club is trying to get a deal done.

Be a bit harsh on Kershaw though.


Nah, he got a chance and he took it but if we are serious about winning then we have to be ruthless. There are a lot of games to play and chances are he will get another pop, probably this weekend if Atkins doesn't come off. There are still a lot of broken bodies many of which wont . We need experience hence looking outside the club. He now knows he has the trust of the management, that alone is priceless for a 19 year old just starting out.
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:59 pm
Posted by poplar cats alive on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:59 pm
poplar cats alive Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 334th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 539
Referee Liam Moore, could have been worse. I think he was the referee a few weeks ago against Hull.
Re: On to Hull
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 pm
Posted by Wilde 3 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 pm
Wilde 3 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 597
Rep Position: 65th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 496

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6887
snowie wrote:
don't reckon much to sneeeeeeeyd of late and kelly looks like he needs to go a serious diet, the rest will self destruct if we get a decent lead


Kelly was exceptional in the 2nd half against Rovers, unplayable. You forget that he missed the last 4 months I think of last season due to concussions, and couldn't do any kind of training so his weight obviously suffered as did his confidence. Shaul hasn't played for a few weeks either due to head knocks this year, so will either be 18 year old Connor Wynne who played against Rovers or Connor at full back
Re: On to Hull
Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:49 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:49 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1050
Rep Position: 16th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1930
Wilde 3 wrote:
Kelly was exceptional in the 2nd half against Rovers, unplayable. You forget that he missed the last 4 months I think of last season due to concussions, and couldn't do any kind of training so his weight obviously suffered as did his confidence. Shaul hasn't played for a few weeks either due to head knocks this year, so will either be 18 year old Connor Wynne who played against Rovers or Connor at full back


That’s Kelly all over, we know the lad can play but nobody knows when I’m afraid.
Re: On to Hull
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am
Posted by bren2k on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 915
Rep Position: 29th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat - Hull are just getting players back, as we're dropping like flies; and they do have significant quality and some x factor players.

Our replacements and make-do's put up a valiant effort to beat Leeds - but it will be a huge ask to expect them to do the same against an anything near full-strength Hull side.
Re: On to Hull
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 am
Posted by Fordy on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 am
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 170
Rep Position: 227th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:15 am
Posts: 4868
bren2k wrote:
I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat - Hull are just getting players back, as we're dropping like flies; and they do have significant quality and some x factor players.

Our replacements and make-do's put up a valiant effort to beat Leeds - but it will be a huge ask to expect them to do the same against an anything near full-strength Hull side.



I fear you may be right, although if Hull turn up feeling the same then I guess we have a chance!
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.

Learn from the past, but don't live in it!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1315trinity, 1873, Bull Mania, Dunkirk Spirit, eric35, Fordy, lampyboy, phe13, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Scarlet Pimpernell, Trinity 61, wakefield1990, wakefieldwall, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 73 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,047,36470078,1114,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:00
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
NZ WARRIORS
TODAY 10:55
NRL
SOUTHS
v
WESTS TIGERS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)