Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8889
bonaire wrote:Dont forget that Hull lost Tuimavave and Hadley in the first half so were left with only two interchanges.
Kelly also played three quarters of the game with a shoulder injury which is likely to keep him out for two to three weeks.
Hull were also far from a fully fit team.
No first choice wings or full back
Bowden,Minichello,Savellio missing from the pack


I'm afraid if you want to start an injury d**k measuring contest, you
migjt find yourself coming up a bit short. :wink:






Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4200
Even with a patched up side, fine margins that could have gone our way and we would have run them close, a gutsy performance from Trinity :CLAP: :thumb:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:45 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 am
Posts: 389
Location: Walton, Wakefield
Yes brave effort but not good enough today.

Perhaps our injury hit side found time catching up with them and hence the vet poor completion rate.

Still scored 3 tries to their 4 but we were second best today

We roll into Huddesfield on Friday so hope the backs gel better and tired limbs recover over the next few days.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12456
Said before the game that Radford seemed to have targeted this one, especially resting players and getting royally stuffed by Saints last week.
Trinity looked like a side that had asked too many of their players to play too many games in too short a period - not that there was any choice.

I'm sure that with anything close to a fit playing roster we would have beaten Hull today but, some of our lads looked like they were just knackered.
Cant fault any of them and just hope that we can reach a point where some of these guys can get a breather. They have definitely earned it.

So many mistakes when we were in their 20 and so many penalties and too much cheap turnover.

Onto Huddersfield, who themselves have a few injuries and are vulnerable.

If we can hang on to the top 4 or at least be close too it and then get some bodies back, we can still have a real dig at a decent play off spot, although it looks like Saints are already looking nailed on for the hub cap.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15253
Location: Ossett
Can't say I'm surprised by that - although perhaps I was a bit surprised that Hull didn't win by more.

I had the distinct pleasure of listening on Radio Humberside - the only light relief to hearing us lose was the comedy value of the biased commentators; it was like standing behind two Hull fans on the terraces! God knows who they were - but it was hilariously awful, particularly the main guy mangling Fifita's name into almost unrecognisable collections of vowels and consonants; my favourite was Fia-Fitta.

Anyhow - busted up, knackered and we still held them to a respectable scoreline; I guess we'll take that - and Wigan helped a bit by getting past Cas. We need to put Shudds to the sword on Friday now - and not just because it's Shudds.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:19 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
bren2k wrote:Can't say I'm surprised by that - although perhaps I was a bit surprised that Hull didn't win by more.

I had the distinct pleasure of listening on Radio Humberside - the only light relief to hearing us lose was the comedy value of the biased commentators; it was like standing behind two Hull fans on the terraces! God knows who they were - but it was hilariously awful, particularly the main guy mangling Fifita's name into almost unrecognisable collections of vowels and consonants; my favourite was Fia-Fitta.

Anyhow - busted up, knackered and we still held them to a respectable scoreline; I guess we'll take that - and Wigan helped a bit by getting past Cas. We need to put Shudds to the sword on Friday now - and not just because it's Shudds.


Lol if you think the “fear feeta” Gwillum Lloyd is a Hull fan your way of the mark, but you are right about his terrible commentary, I too had the “pleasure” of listening to this sniggering tripe.

We didn’t win by a wider margin, presumably because Wakey fight tooth and nail for everything, in adversity a great team ethic.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:23 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15253
Location: Ossett
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:Lol if you think the “fear feeta” Gwillum Lloyd is a Hull fan your way of the mark, but you are right about his terrible commentary, I too had the “pleasure” of listening to this sniggering tripe.

We didn’t win by a wider margin, presumably because Wakey fight tooth and nail for everything, in adversity a great team ethic.


I presumed he was because of his total disdain for all things Wakey - but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found it painful - to the point of hilarity.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:24 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
bren2k wrote:I presumed he was because of his total disdain for all things Wakey - but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found it painful - to the point of hilarity.


:D

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:59 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1328
Didn't go to the match but sounds as if with a little more composure and some better kicking we'd have been very close indeed.

As an aside I was going to go after I saw Rock of Ages at York on Saturday night which I thought would be rubbish, it wasn't and I enjoyed the afters far too much. :DRUNK:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 923
Fishermanscap wrote:Didn't go to the match but sounds as if with a little more composure and some better kicking we'd have been very close indeed.

As an aside I was going to go after I saw Rock of Ages at York on Saturday night which I thought would be rubbish, it wasn't and I enjoyed the afters far too much. :DRUNK:


Hull were the better team and deserved the win. Trinity showed great spirit but were always second best in the game.

It's always a safe bet that if a team has more composure and better kicking they'd have been in with a chance, but we didn't on the day. The half's are going to have to learn to link up quickly, and hopefully the week will give the forwards the much needed rest they look to need. On to Huddersfield who have been very hit and miss so far this season.






Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next





It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:30 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cosmicat, Kettykat and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:30 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,979,17656777,8924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33

.