Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: On to Hull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

bonaire wrote:Dont forget that Hull lost Tuimavave and Hadley in the first half so were left with only two interchanges.
Kelly also played three quarters of the game with a shoulder injury which is likely to keep him out for two to three weeks.
Hull were also far from a fully fit team.
No first choice wings or full back
Bowden,Minichello,Savellio missing from the pack

I'm afraid if you want to start an injury d**k measuring contest, you
migjt find yourself coming up a bit short. :wink:

Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Even with a patched up side, fine margins that could have gone our way and we would have run them close, a gutsy performance from Trinity :CLAP: :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:45 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Yes brave effort but not good enough today.

Perhaps our injury hit side found time catching up with them and hence the vet poor completion rate.

Still scored 3 tries to their 4 but we were second best today

We roll into Huddesfield on Friday so hope the backs gel better and tired limbs recover over the next few days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Said before the game that Radford seemed to have targeted this one, especially resting players and getting royally stuffed by Saints last week.
Trinity looked like a side that had asked too many of their players to play too many games in too short a period - not that there was any choice.

I'm sure that with anything close to a fit playing roster we would have beaten Hull today but, some of our lads looked like they were just knackered.
Cant fault any of them and just hope that we can reach a point where some of these guys can get a breather. They have definitely earned it.

So many mistakes when we were in their 20 and so many penalties and too much cheap turnover.

Onto Huddersfield, who themselves have a few injuries and are vulnerable.

If we can hang on to the top 4 or at least be close too it and then get some bodies back, we can still have a real dig at a decent play off spot, although it looks like Saints are already looking nailed on for the hub cap.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Can't say I'm surprised by that - although perhaps I was a bit surprised that Hull didn't win by more.

I had the distinct pleasure of listening on Radio Humberside - the only light relief to hearing us lose was the comedy value of the biased commentators; it was like standing behind two Hull fans on the terraces! God knows who they were - but it was hilariously awful, particularly the main guy mangling Fifita's name into almost unrecognisable collections of vowels and consonants; my favourite was Fia-Fitta.

Anyhow - busted up, knackered and we still held them to a respectable scoreline; I guess we'll take that - and Wigan helped a bit by getting past Cas. We need to put Shudds to the sword on Friday now - and not just because it's Shudds.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:19 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bren2k wrote:Can't say I'm surprised by that - although perhaps I was a bit surprised that Hull didn't win by more.

I had the distinct pleasure of listening on Radio Humberside - the only light relief to hearing us lose was the comedy value of the biased commentators; it was like standing behind two Hull fans on the terraces! God knows who they were - but it was hilariously awful, particularly the main guy mangling Fifita's name into almost unrecognisable collections of vowels and consonants; my favourite was Fia-Fitta.

Anyhow - busted up, knackered and we still held them to a respectable scoreline; I guess we'll take that - and Wigan helped a bit by getting past Cas. We need to put Shudds to the sword on Friday now - and not just because it's Shudds.

Lol if you think the “fear feeta” Gwillum Lloyd is a Hull fan your way of the mark, but you are right about his terrible commentary, I too had the “pleasure” of listening to this sniggering tripe.

We didn’t win by a wider margin, presumably because Wakey fight tooth and nail for everything, in adversity a great team ethic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:23 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:Lol if you think the “fear feeta” Gwillum Lloyd is a Hull fan your way of the mark, but you are right about his terrible commentary, I too had the “pleasure” of listening to this sniggering tripe.

We didn’t win by a wider margin, presumably because Wakey fight tooth and nail for everything, in adversity a great team ethic.

I presumed he was because of his total disdain for all things Wakey - but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found it painful - to the point of hilarity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:24 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bren2k wrote:I presumed he was because of his total disdain for all things Wakey - but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found it painful - to the point of hilarity.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:59 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Didn't go to the match but sounds as if with a little more composure and some better kicking we'd have been very close indeed.

As an aside I was going to go after I saw Rock of Ages at York on Saturday night which I thought would be rubbish, it wasn't and I enjoyed the afters far too much. :DRUNK:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Fishermanscap wrote:Didn't go to the match but sounds as if with a little more composure and some better kicking we'd have been very close indeed.

As an aside I was going to go after I saw Rock of Ages at York on Saturday night which I thought would be rubbish, it wasn't and I enjoyed the afters far too much. :DRUNK:

Hull were the better team and deserved the win. Trinity showed great spirit but were always second best in the game.

It's always a safe bet that if a team has more composure and better kicking they'd have been in with a chance, but we didn't on the day. The half's are going to have to learn to link up quickly, and hopefully the week will give the forwards the much needed rest they look to need. On to Huddersfield who have been very hit and miss so far this season.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:30 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com