Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Overseas Players

Post subject: Overseas Players
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:35 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

So with supposedly 11 players injured - 2 of our overseas players still couldn't make the run on side and where sat on the bench !!!! INCLDUING OUR NEW WONDERFUL SIGNING

that is the problem right there - what other club gets so Little input from the overseas signings.

Time for everyone of them to go except for Fifth and maype topou . including Miller who has been shocking to say the least.

Post subject: Re: Overseas Players
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Being on the bench does not mean you are not as good.
Catch up Bojo. The impact off the bench thing has been going for a good 10/15 years.

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:20 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I like what Tanginoa has shown so far and think he will be good value.
Fifita and Tupou are very good quality and shouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

I’ve never been impressed by Randell, taking his injury prone record out of the equation, I don’t think he brings enough to warrant an overseas spot.

Miller is a tougher decision, we need a footballer/game controller/tactician at half back and Miller isn’t any of those. He’s a running threat and feeds off the scraps of breaks and attacking kicks but he doesn’t control or dictate games. Someone like Drinkwater would have been a better fit for this Wakefield squad.

Arona has been great for us and we’ll worth his place in the team for the past few seasons. I do think it’s time to let him go though and give Jordan Crowther the chance to fill the 13 shirt on a long term basis.

Pauli hasn’t cut it and needs to leave, he was a gamble worth taking but it hasn’t paid off for whatever reason.

Time to refresh the squad and look for higher quality than what’s leaving, maybe even sign 2 rather than 3 and offer better money to get players with more class.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:25 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

The Avenger wrote:I like what Tanginoa has shown so far and think he will be good value.
Fifita and Tupou are very good quality and shouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

I’ve never been impressed by Randell, taking his injury prone record out of the equation, I don’t think he brings enough to warrant an overseas spot.

Miller is a tougher decision, we need a footballer/game controller/tactician at half back and Miller isn’t any of those. He’s a running threat and feeds off the scraps of breaks and attacking kicks but he doesn’t control or dictate games. Someone like Drinkwater would have been a better fit for this Wakefield squad.

Arona has been great for us and we’ll worth his place in the team for the past few seasons. I do think it’s time to let him go though and give Jordan Crowther the chance to fill the 13 shirt on a long term basis.

Pauli hasn’t cut it and needs to leave, he was a gamble worth taking but it hasn’t paid off for whatever reason.

Time to refresh the squad and look for higher quality than what’s leaving, maybe even sign 2 rather than 3 and offer better money to get players with more class.

I agree with all that except I'd still keep Miller and use the 7 as the organiser, whoever that may be.
The 13 looks like being Wester an which will release an overseas spot if we let Arona go.

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:30 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Didn’t a one year extension get triggered for Arona? 100% should be retained, absolute work horse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:46 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

BigJMolloy wrote:Didn’t a one year extension get triggered for Arona? 100% should be retained, absolute work horse

Completely agree with this, to me he's the glue holding the team together. Massively underrated and never gives less than 100%.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:54 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Arona would be captain for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

PopTart wrote:Being on the bench does not mean you are not as good.
Catch up Bojo. The impact off the bench thing has been going for a good 10/15 years.

So salford should play lui and hasting's off the bench?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

BOJ042 wrote:So salford should play lui and hasting's off the bench?

All time low Bojo. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:31 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

BOJ042 wrote:So salford should play lui and hasting's off the bench?

So you crave to be taken seriously then you post that. PT seems willing to defend you but for me that’s not opinion it’s pure trolling.

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com