Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Regroup and reappraisal



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:02 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 1683
What to say after that? I have read the comments in the other threads and its hard to disagree with most of the individual player or coaching comments, though I would disagree with some.
I think we need to stand back and take a big, deep breath.
10 weeks ago we had "the best club in the world, a great coach and the strongest squad in years". we all mostly said. First injuries decimated a squad not as deep as the ones with the big money. A few have drifted back and the addition of Tanginoa has helped us keep paddling as we drown.
To me, the biggest problem is the lack of power and line speed of the pack. Without a fully functioning Fifita and the use of Pauli Pauli when we are ascendant, we are very ineffectual. King is decent enough. Even at our best we lacked real forward punch minus Fifita.
Then Brough....He is just too late for us as a player. He is Championship now ....he is just not quite there anymore. Yes, there's still some great passes and kicks some of the time but there's some dreadful stuff that is dragging us right down and he was very much a part of the first 12 points tonight. Dropped off tackles like he just couldn't get there or couldn't be bothered to.
Sadly, as a man I really like and think is not a bad coach...Chris Chester is a problem. Tonight, team selection. I didn't like it at all. But after 12-0 it was glaringly obvious it was horrendously not working. Too light in the pack, Hampshire hopelessly exposed as not a winger and Arundel contributing to a fish out of water appearance. Brough all over the place for the 3rd game in a row (yes he had better moments v Cas but was still inadequate mostly). Chester on TV..frowning and looking desperate. I am sure we all have our opinions but I thought, move Hampshire to 7. Take Brough off. Put Arundel on the wing. Bring Fifita on and Annakin at the same time and show some f ing intent!Chester sat there, frankly, like he did as Hull HR coach v Leeds in the challenge cup final... and froze. Then went ape poop in the changing room at half time by the looks of the sky coverage. I'm afraid this 'losing the dressing room ; thing confuses me but maybe if the team don't get the plan, maybe this is the result. What to do? If you sack Chester now, who takes over? I can only think of one man who could change this slide right now. John Kear. I sit back and await the outburst

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:48 pm
Posts: 522
charlie63wildcat wrote:What to say after that? I have read the comments in the other threads and its hard to disagree with most of the individual player or coaching comments, though I would disagree with some.
I think we need to stand back and take a big, deep breath.
10 weeks ago we had "the best club in the world, a great coach and the strongest squad in years". we all mostly said. First injuries decimated a squad not as deep as the ones with the big money. A few have drifted back and the addition of Tanginoa has helped us keep paddling as we drown.
To me, the biggest problem is the lack of power and line speed of the pack. Without a fully functioning Fifita and the use of Pauli Pauli when we are ascendant, we are very ineffectual. King is decent enough. Even at our best we lacked real forward punch minus Fifita.
Then Brough....He is just too late for us as a player. He is Championship now ....he is just not quite there anymore. Yes, there's still some great passes and kicks some of the time but there's some dreadful stuff that is dragging us right down and he was very much a part of the first 12 points tonight. Dropped off tackles like he just couldn't get there or couldn't be bothered to.
Sadly, as a man I really like and think is not a bad coach...Chris Chester is a problem. Tonight, team selection. I didn't like it at all. But after 12-0 it was glaringly obvious it was horrendously not working. Too light in the pack, Hampshire hopelessly exposed as not a winger and Arundel contributing to a fish out of water appearance. Brough all over the place for the 3rd game in a row (yes he had better moments v Cas but was still inadequate mostly). Chester on TV..frowning and looking desperate. I am sure we all have our opinions but I thought, move Hampshire to 7. Take Brough off. Put Arundel on the wing. Bring Fifita on and Annakin at the same time and show some f ing intent!Chester sat there, frankly, like he did as Hull HR coach v Leeds in the challenge cup final... and froze. Then when ape poop in the changing room at half time by the looks of the sky coverage. I'm afraid this 'losing the dressing room ; thing confuses me but maybe if the team don't get the plan, maybe this is the result. What to do? If you sack Chester now, who takes over? I can only think of one man who could change this slide right now. John Kear. I sit back and await the outburst


That is a really good post !!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:09 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 11873
Location: wakefield
He can't have lost the dressing room if they lift after the half time talk.

I've drowned my sorrows and I'm over it now.
Let's just fight on and get a win somewhere.






A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 814
charlie63wildcat wrote:What to say after that? I have read the comments in the other threads and its hard to disagree with most of the individual player or coaching comments, though I would disagree with some.
I think we need to stand back and take a big, deep breath.
10 weeks ago we had "the best club in the world, a great coach and the strongest squad in years". we all mostly said. First injuries decimated a squad not as deep as the ones with the big money. A few have drifted back and the addition of Tanginoa has helped us keep paddling as we drown.
To me, the biggest problem is the lack of power and line speed of the pack. Without a fully functioning Fifita and the use of Pauli Pauli when we are ascendant, we are very ineffectual. King is decent enough. Even at our best we lacked real forward punch minus Fifita.
Then Brough....He is just too late for us as a player. He is Championship now ....he is just not quite there anymore. Yes, there's still some great passes and kicks some of the time but there's some dreadful stuff that is dragging us right down and he was very much a part of the first 12 points tonight. Dropped off tackles like he just couldn't get there or couldn't be bothered to.
Sadly, as a man I really like and think is not a bad coach...Chris Chester is a problem. Tonight, team selection. I didn't like it at all. But after 12-0 it was glaringly obvious it was horrendously not working. Too light in the pack, Hampshire hopelessly exposed as not a winger and Arundel contributing to a fish out of water appearance. Brough all over the place for the 3rd game in a row (yes he had better moments v Cas but was still inadequate mostly). Chester on TV..frowning and looking desperate. I am sure we all have our opinions but I thought, move Hampshire to 7. Take Brough off. Put Arundel on the wing. Bring Fifita on and Annakin at the same time and show some f ing intent!Chester sat there, frankly, like he did as Hull HR coach v Leeds in the challenge cup final... and froze. Then went ape poop in the changing room at half time by the looks of the sky coverage. I'm afraid this 'losing the dressing room ; thing confuses me but maybe if the team don't get the plan, maybe this is the result. What to do? If you sack Chester now, who takes over? I can only think of one man who could change this slide right now. John Kear. I sit back and await the outburst


Still not forgiven him for that, but yes he has a tendency to do sweet f all when the going gets tough. Sits there mid game or stands at the interview after with that incredibly annoying smarmy expression whatever goes on.






Skysports.com wrote: 'There was still time for Murrell to knock over a drop-goal into the sea of delirious red and white behind the posts. The Black and Whites were already heading disconsolately home'.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:16 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 828
Poor Chester looked like he was going to dead set cry every time he was shown on camera , that proves to me he cares but the players are not playing for him anymore and he needs to go to save our super league satus- with the week off now - tomorrow would be the perfect time give the new coach a week or so with out the pressure of playing

ps brough needs to do the right thing and retire and take miller with him ,Hampshire with him and BJB and the rest of the forward pack who are offering nothing

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 1683
PopTart wrote:He can't have lost the dressing room if they lift after the half time talk.

I've drowned my sorrows and I'm over it now.
Let's just fight on and get a win somewhere.

Yes. I don't pretend to have all the answers. Fair point. About the only solace I could take was the fact we won the 2nd half and obviously there is something we might be able to work with. I am seriously concerned about Chris. He actually looked close to tears in the post match interview. Either that or he's knackered. This is not good psychological karma. I pray they can turn that 2nd half victory into a win. Soon. And before we have to sack Chris, because I don't want to

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 1232
I have not witnessed us playing so consistently bad since Webster was in charge and to be fair to him the squad he had to operate with was a lower standard because we were looking to save money. I do not know how we get out of this but something needs to change because the rut is getting deeper.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:19 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 828
charlie63wildcat wrote:Yes. I don't pretend to have all the answers. Fair point. About the only solace I could take was the fact we won the 2nd half and obviously there is something we might be able to work with. I am seriously concerned about Chris. He actually looked close to tears in the post match interview. Either that or he's knackered. This is not good psychological karma. I pray they can turn that 2nd half victory into a win. Soon. And before we have to sack Chris, because I don't want to

it matters so much that we won the second half! NOT

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:20 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 1683
ChampagneSuperRovers wrote:Still not forgiven him for that, but yes he has a tendency to do sweet f all when the going gets tough. Sits there mid game or stands at the interview after with that incredibly annoying smarmy expression whatever goes on.

I wouldn't say smarmy but I would say exasperated and looking to blame others rather than accept responsibility for the errrors he made in selection or tactics or intercanges

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Regroup and reappraisal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 1683
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:I have not witnessed us playing so consistently bad since Webster was in charge and to be fair to him the squad he had to operate with was a lower standard because we were looking to save money. I do not know how we get out of this but something needs to change because the rut is getting deeper.

If we don't see the obvious changes to the team for the next game I am afraid, with a heavy heart, Chris needs to go

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next





It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocker, eastardsley, Father Ted, Khlav Kalash, lampyboy, phe13, Sandal Cat, The Sheep, TrinityHeritage, wakefieldwall, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo, Yosemite Sam and 150 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 pm

REST IN PEACE
ARCHIE BRUCE

RFL STATEMENT
--DONATE TO FUND--
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,943,1191,72077,8014,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
24-10
PENRITH
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
BRISBANE
20-22
SOUTHS
 Full Time  
 CH1
LONDON SKOLARS
30-34
HUNSLET
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 15th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33

.