WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team for Sunday

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Team for Sunday

Re: Team for Sunday Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Fishermanscap wrote:
I've now watched the game and I thought it was a tale of two halves, cliche I know.

Same - and I can't help but factor in nerves as at least part of the reason for both teams poor performance in the first half; obviously we got past it and blew them away in the second, but the magnitude of that game and level of expectation can't have been lost on the players?
Re: Team for Sunday Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bren2k wrote:
Same - and I can't help but factor in nerves as at least part of the reason for both teams poor performance in the first half; obviously we got past it and blew them away in the second, but the magnitude of that game and level of expectation can't have been lost on the players?

I think you are right, nerves played a big part in that first half for both teams, but I don`t think Hull KR ever shook those nerves off, they were just forcing play way too much throughout which led to a lot of errors which when you are coming up against a 92% completion rate is not giving yourself much of a chance at all.

One other thing I did pick up on, our players looked a lot more desperate when an opening come up and not in a bad way, Miller springs to mind in that first half, how he literally threw his body at the defence to get over the line - That is the Miller of old, which we haven't seen much of this season but was refreshing to see that.
Re: Team for Sunday Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
he made two breaks with no end product glad it didn’t cost us the game rocky outside with a run in and rocky outside and wood inside no pass again.

I wasn't actually mentioning Escare but I was frustrated by that too.
However, the good thing was he didn't lose the ball by throwung a pass he wasn't capable of and put us in a great field position.
It was the same result as Brough kicking a 40-20 so although it was a lost opportunity, it wasn't a disaster.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Sunday Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

homme vaste wrote:
I think you are right, nerves played a big part in that first half for both teams, but I don`t think Hull KR ever shook those nerves off, they were just forcing play way too much throughout which led to a lot of errors which when you are coming up against a 92% completion rate is not giving yourself much of a chance at all.

One other thing I did pick up on, our players looked a lot more desperate when an opening come up and not in a bad way, Miller springs to mind in that first half, how he literally threw his body at the defence to get over the line - That is the Miller of old, which we haven't seen much of this season but was refreshing to see that.

Yes I agree about the desperation part.
We had 3-4 guys barking constantly. When Rovers were behind their post, no one was talking.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Sunday Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

PopTart wrote:
Yes I agree about the desperation part.
We had 3-4 guys barking constantly. When Rovers were behind their post, no one was talking.

And they spent a lot of time behind their posts :D

I agree that we were too impatient, trying to score off too many plays, instead of consolidating field position and building pressure.
It all worked out in the end and we have some confidence to take forward into our remaining games.

Although it was "only" Rovers, I thought that our defensive effort was brilliant and that is THE big positive to take from the win, especially conceding 0 in the second half.
Previous