Kopczack
Bachelor
Tanginoa
Crowther

Arundel
Green
Fifita
Tangata

Bit unfair on Randel who I thought had a good game on Sunday, and leaves Wood doing 80, which IMO he is not good at. He needs to be coming on against a tiring team, like has worked so many times in the past.
I agree with the HB pairing but don't think Broughie will be dropped.
If he isn't then IMO it's high time BOTH Brough and Miller stepped up and came up with some new attacking ideas because we're a joke at the present time.

As for the defence , it was there for all to see on Sunday that whenever our winger got the ball there were three or four Hull players on him, bit like our defence on the flanks...haha
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 am  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thankfully i’ll miss this one as i’ll be on holiday so it saves a decision having to be made. But the way some are talking on here you’d think we were playing Melbourne Storm! Hull KR are below us for a reason, for large parts of the year they have been poor. Yes they have improved under Tony Smith and we have gone backwards under Chester but to say we have no chance is wrong, what we have to do is perform for once. If we do that then on paper we are every bit as good as them. Honestly i feel HKR may just nick it but i can’t see it being the battering some on here are predicting, there is too much tension on the game for that and the players will be up for this one. The key for us is to pick the correct side. That could be major sticking point to my prediction.
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sacred Cow wrote:
Thankfully i’ll miss this one as i’ll be on holiday so it saves a decision having to be made. But the way some are talking on here you’d think we were playing Melbourne Storm! Hull KR are below us for a reason, for large parts of the year they have been poor. Yes they have improved under Tony Smith and we have gone backwards under Chester but to say we have no chance is wrong, what we have to do is perform for once. If we do that then on paper we are every bit as good as them. Honestly i feel HKR may just nick it but i can’t see it being the battering some on here are predicting, there is too much tension on the game for that and the players will be up for this one. The key for us is to pick the correct side. That could be major sticking point to my prediction.

Unless either side manages a couple of quick early scores, this will be a real tense encounter.
Both sides know what is at stake and it's almost like a Million Pound Game eliminator, although KR can do themselves and us a huge favour by beating London at their place when they meet.
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:
Unless either side manages a couple of quick early scores, this will be a real tense encounter.
Both sides know what is at stake and it's almost like a Million Pound Game eliminator, although KR can do themselves and us a huge favour by beating London at their place when they meet.

..….and we of course could do ourselves a huge favour by winning on Sunday.....
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

BarnsleyGull wrote:
..….and we of course could do ourselves a huge favour by winning on Sunday.....

Catalans could do both trinity and hkr a big favour on Saturday. If London win their game, then lots of pressure on both teams in our game. Will Trinity handle the pressure better than hkr, I hope they can.
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 pm  

madkeentrin wrote:
madkeentrin Stevo's Armpit

Please Chris change the team around cos it's obvious to most people that it just isn't functioning properly.The massive massive injuries we've had knocked the stuffing out of us,(and are probably still a lot worse than we are getting to know),but we should be playing better now and whilst the defence has improved the attack is absolutely woeful.Broughy looks championship at best since his injury so should be dropped, allowing Miller and Hampshire to pair up at half back with Escare at FB.As for the pack-big Dave on from start and giving it his all for as long as he can (and has to be long minutes on 1 leg) or not included.When he comes on after 20 mins or whatever it's like we are waiting for the cavalry to come charging on to the pitch to rescue us so need to start with our best pack and get onto the front foot from the off IMO.Tangata looked eager but well off the pace Sunday so depends how he's trained.Tanginoa back to SR.Reece Lyne and BJB to be dropped.Thought Reece was one of our best players when all the injuries kicked in and he helped to keep us going,but for quite a while now he's been vv poor.(injury?)Sorry to say but Ben's pace has gone.Kershaw in.Ryan Atkins in if fit.Bill nowhere near his best yet but trying hard so keeps his place.
I think keeping the same team again will be a big mistake and make Chester a candidate for proving Einsteins definition of insanity!
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 pm  
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

madkeentrin wrote:
PSorry to say but Ben's pace has gone.Kershaw in.

I'm not sure he's had chance to show it. I don't think the pace or not of BJB is the cause of our problems, and I always think of the Rovers pitch as being a big one and against a defence that isn't the best (albeit they are a changed side since Tony Smith arrived). I'd have thought BJB was a definite.

Creativity begins in the middle. That's where it needs refreshing.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: Team for Sunday Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 pm  
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Escare
Bjb
Arundel
Toupo
Lynn
Miller
rocky
Kopcheck
Randall
green
Tangenoa
Fafita
Crowther
King
Pauli
Wood
Tangetta

Weather forecast is horrendous again so go big in pack in tandem hard and straight five drives and a kick. I also hope Chester as done his homework because Hull kr have scored the most tries from chips and kicks
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Re: Team for Sunday Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:40 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
Escare
Bjb
Arundel
Toupo
Lynn
Miller
rocky
Kopcheck
Randall
green
Tangenoa
Fafita
Crowther
King
Pauli
Wood
Tangetta

Weather forecast is horrendous again so go big in pack in tandem hard and straight five drives and a kick. I also hope Chester as done his homework because Hull kr have scored the most tries from chips and kicks

Which weather forcast are you looking at! You couldn't be more wrong!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645425
Re: Team for Sunday Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:14 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think we all know Brough will play, performances suggest he shouldn’t but our coach appears to hope he will turn back the clock.
PreviousNext