OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jan 24 18:466th Nov 23 17:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:46 pm  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
:lol:

The rumour mill as never been the same since they pulled down the ring of feathers :(
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain892
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 20159 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 20:4731st Mar 24 14:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:01 am  
madkeentrin wrote:
Is that the chippy by the post office with their van parked nearby with the sign on the back door saying 'no fish and chips left in this van overnight'?

Yes, it most definitely is, and it's just across from the Fox "n" Grapes :lol: :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain892
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 20159 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 20:4731st Mar 24 14:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:04 am  
cheshirecat57 wrote:
The rumour mill as never been the same since they pulled down the ring of feathers :(

And i am not even going to ask you where the Ring of Feathers is. :shock: :shock: :)
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5649
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years236th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 16:1223rd Apr 24 15:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:16 am  
KevW60349 wrote:
Yes, it most definitely is, and it's just across from the Fox "n" Grapes :lol: :lol: :lol:

O/T But I'm gonna do some reminiscing about said chippy, RL and dribble on a bit here, it's all gonna do little to push the Sammutt topic, but hey swings and roundabouts but for the most part they're my board ramblings so get ready & don't hold it against me., peace.

That chippy above posts are mentioning, way back in the 80's,90's and 2000's, till it was sold to it's present owners; belonged to Andy & then Kev's of Stanley bought it in the early 90s,but Andy still managed & ran the place. it's gonna link up with Trinity in the next paragraph so hold on.

It had some great things going for it, firstly as a lad/man who'd eaten Fish & Chips all over Wakefield & beyond , imo it was easily the best chippy around (Yes i know, that could ruffle some feathers on here with that statement) & thus was always packed. Just as important, it was the absolute Centre of the universe for rumors about Trinity, at least near the City Centre & to the east of the City, an all range of different blokes; people who were close to the club; players & all the fans that called straight after a game who used to pack it out and talk abort all things RL, especially how we'd been robbed yet again.

Anyway, Andy who like I say originally owned it/managed and also before that one, he owned the one next to Eastmoor high in the early 80's, anyone remember that one? The bloke was RL mad and a bit of a fountain of information regarding Trinity. Said information was usually always sourced from all his punters and the odd player who used to call in, mainly Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It literally was the RFLfans of it's day or other Social media but better because it was face to face and you could make good mates and conversely have some proper face to face arguments , hmmmmm the good old days. 8)

Long story short Andy was a great guy, who loved his RL & could talk about the game for ever while your special was cooking for example. He also sponsored my team up at Eastmoor back in the day - we all felt like Pros at the time in the new shirts with a sponsor logo on the front, i think we actually played better that season because of those shirts. He was involved in the Community side of things long after I left.

The funny thing that always sticks in my mind about this time in my life, was that Andy and my dad were mates for years & because Andy was so fanatical about Trinity, my dad called in every Saturday dinner time after he finished work and they'd talk RL; eventually this chat turned into a weekly bet with Andy during the winter RL season that went on for years - it went along the lines of, Andy always backed Trinity every game, no matter who it was against, my dad bet on whoever Trinity played against; If Trinity won, the old man had to pay double, around 15 quid for the food and 15 again for Andy's back pocket; Problem for Andy back in those years, as we all know Trinity's winning percentage was rank & my dads order was 6 fish & 4 chips, plus scraps of course, so this wasn't no small time bet. There was a time from the mid 80's till '94 when we both piled on a lot of what I called muscle mass, just due to mass consumption of 2 fish and a big bag of chips each week, sometimes twice when the Challenge Cup was on, maybe a Yorkshire Cup bet here and there as well,;we were literally like the Wigan of the chip shop RL betting game, we won it all for years ;). Being serious, well kind of, my dad was a Trinity fan as well, but as he told a young Shifty, he looked at it all as a good way to get over all the losses :) .

They were good old days and good people with plenty of characters around, and most importantly, awesome fish, Chips, scraps. :wink:
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:32 am  
I think the bloke who owned the chippy on Warmfield View before the school was built was called Davis, and as for the chippy on Stanley Rd it was originally called Georges owned by George Wilcock directly opposite the Ambulance station, KevW60349 will I'm sure along with others what used to go in there will testify that those were the best ever.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3617
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20 20159 years171st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 22:3924th Apr 24 22:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 am  
I very much doubt it.

Me and my son were at the Wales v Malta game last weekend, and my son interviewed Sammut before the game, for his rugby league 360 page, and within the conversation he brought the subject up of his time at Wakefield, and let's just say that the move was a disappointing one for both parties involved.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 am  
Shifty Cat wrote:
O/T But I'm gonna do some reminiscing about said chippy, RL and dribble on a bit here, it's all gonna do little to push the Sammutt topic, but hey swings and roundabouts but for the most part they're my board ramblings so get ready & don't hold it against me., peace.

That chippy above posts are mentioning, way back in the 80's,90's and 2000's, till it was sold to it's present owners; belonged to Andy & then Kev's of Stanley bought it in the early 90s,but Andy still managed & ran the place. it's gonna link up with Trinity in the next paragraph so hold on.

It had some great things going for it, firstly as a lad/man who'd eaten Fish & Chips all over Wakefield & beyond , imo it was easily the best chippy around (Yes i know, that could ruffle some feathers on here with that statement) & thus was always packed. Just as important, it was the absolute Centre of the universe for rumors about Trinity, at least near the City Centre & to the east of the City, an all range of different blokes; people who were close to the club; players & all the fans that called straight after a game who used to pack it out and talk abort all things RL, especially how we'd been robbed yet again.

Anyway, Andy who like I say originally owned it/managed and also before that one, he owned the one next to Eastmoor high in the early 80's, anyone remember that one? The bloke was RL mad and a bit of a fountain of information regarding Trinity. Said information was usually always sourced from all his punters and the odd player who used to call in, mainly Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It literally was the RFLfans of it's day or other Social media but better because it was face to face and you could make good mates and conversely have some proper face to face arguments , hmmmmm the good old days. 8)

Long story short Andy was a great guy, who loved his RL & could talk about the game for ever while your special was cooking for example. He also sponsored my team up at Eastmoor back in the day - we all felt like Pros at the time in the new shirts with a sponsor logo on the front, i think we actually played better that season because of those shirts. He was involved in the Community side of things long after I left.

The funny thing that always sticks in my mind about this time in my life, was that Andy and my dad were mates for years & because Andy was so fanatical about Trinity, my dad called in every Saturday dinner time after he finished work and they'd talk RL; eventually this chat turned into a weekly bet with Andy during the winter RL season that went on for years - it went along the lines of, Andy always backed Trinity every game, no matter who it was against, my dad bet on whoever Trinity played against; If Trinity won, the old man had to pay double, around 15 quid for the food and 15 again for Andy's back pocket; Problem for Andy back in those years, as we all know Trinity's winning percentage was rank & my dads order was 6 fish & 4 chips, plus scraps of course, so this wasn't no small time bet. There was a time from the mid 80's till '94 when we both piled on a lot of what I called muscle mass, just due to mass consumption of 2 fish and a big bag of chips each week, sometimes twice when the Challenge Cup was on, maybe a Yorkshire Cup bet here and there as well,;we were literally like the Wigan of the chip shop RL betting game, we won it all for years ;). Being serious, well kind of, my dad was a Trinity fan as well, but as he told a young Shifty, he looked at it all as a good way to get over all the losses :) .

They were good old days and good people with plenty of characters around, and most importantly, awesome fish, Chips, scraps. :wink:

Brilliant story :lol: and yes we too loved the fish and chips from there and knew he loved his rugby
RankPostsTeam
International Star1273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Dec 20 09:0113th Aug 20 06:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:25 am  
I wouldn’t mind been disappointed on the salary he was on .....
JINJER 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7389
JoinedServiceReputation
May 03 200519 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 17:0320th Apr 24 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 am  
little wayne69 wrote:
I think the bloke who owned the chippy on Warmfield View before the school was built was called Davis, and as for the chippy on Stanley Rd it was originally called Georges owned by George Wilcock directly opposite the Ambulance station, KevW60349 will I'm sure along with others what used to go in there will testify that those were the best ever.

Spenners in Normy was the best chippy for me. :)
JINJER 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7389
JoinedServiceReputation
May 03 200519 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 17:0320th Apr 24 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT

Re: Jarrod Sammut : Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:26 am  
Daddycool wrote:
I wouldn’t mind been disappointed on the salary he was on .....

Who? Kev or Andy at the chippy?
PreviousNext