FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Denise, Denise...
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35934
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 18:1513th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm  
Councillor Denise Jeffery, are we missing a trick here, maybe, maybe not.

During the early days of SWAG myself and Prince Buster along withe Eric Timmins or Diane made countless fact finding missions to various other grounds with assorted Councillors etc in tow.

All were mindless robotic drones apart from IMHO Councillor Denise Jeffery. Don't get me wrong she was week and totally subservient to Box, however and I think PB will confirm, she was the only one who ever showed any genuine interest in the club and with it BV.

Now she's in charge, though I suspect its only for an interim period, should we not be reminding her of BV and its plight and gently and I mean gently be reminding her that she is at the moment at least, in a posution to help out.

Maybe she already is and I'm wasting my time but even if she is a little reminder from the voters still wouldn't go amiss. To be honest I thought these campaigning days were gone but this one might just be worth it. The main reason other than the obvious is that her connection with the Ground issue was almost entirely during the now de-funct reign of the Richardson clan. I'm just wondering if there is a loss of continuity here and she's not really in the loop with the new regime. As I say I could be way off and she very much is hands on.

What I'm suggesting is that we as fans and of course voters give her a prompt. Something like this...

Congratulations on taking your new post.....Wish you success....as a Trinity fan but more importantly a WMDC voter I'm deeply dissapointed by the failure of NM and the behaviour of many who were involved....Its a huge stain on the Councils record and will continue to cause problems untill resolved, even though nobody blames you personally....what do you intend to do to help Trinity create the community stadium that should by rights and usually is, provided by the local authority...Best wishes.......

All nice and polite and no overt threats.

Might help, might not, might not even be needed but hey what harm can it do, see below for ways to contact her.

djeffery@wakefield.gov.uk or

Denise Jeffery
C/O Town Hall
Bond Street
Wakefield
WF1 2QW

Download Councillor Denise Jeffery contact details as VCard go to https://westyorkshire.moderngov.co.uk/m ... px?UID=128

I'll be very interested to hear what response anyone gets, I'm sending mine this evening.

If you're willing to do this thanks, if not fair enough.
Councillor Denise Jeffery, are we missing a trick here, maybe, maybe not.

During the early days of SWAG myself and Prince Buster along withe Eric Timmins or Diane made countless fact finding missions to various other grounds with assorted Councillors etc in tow.

All were mindless robotic drones apart from IMHO Councillor Denise Jeffery. Don't get me wrong she was week and totally subservient to Box, however and I think PB will confirm, she was the only one who ever showed any genuine interest in the club and with it BV.

Now she's in charge, though I suspect its only for an interim period, should we not be reminding her of BV and its plight and gently and I mean gently be reminding her that she is at the moment at least, in a posution to help out.

Maybe she already is and I'm wasting my time but even if she is a little reminder from the voters still wouldn't go amiss. To be honest I thought these campaigning days were gone but this one might just be worth it. The main reason other than the obvious is that her connection with the Ground issue was almost entirely during the now de-funct reign of the Richardson clan. I'm just wondering if there is a loss of continuity here and she's not really in the loop with the new regime. As I say I could be way off and she very much is hands on.

What I'm suggesting is that we as fans and of course voters give her a prompt. Something like this...

Congratulations on taking your new post.....Wish you success....as a Trinity fan but more importantly a WMDC voter I'm deeply dissapointed by the failure of NM and the behaviour of many who were involved....Its a huge stain on the Councils record and will continue to cause problems untill resolved, even though nobody blames you personally....what do you intend to do to help Trinity create the community stadium that should by rights and usually is, provided by the local authority...Best wishes.......

All nice and polite and no overt threats.

Might help, might not, might not even be needed but hey what harm can it do, see below for ways to contact her.

djeffery@wakefield.gov.uk or

Denise Jeffery
C/O Town Hall
Bond Street
Wakefield
WF1 2QW

Download Councillor Denise Jeffery contact details as VCard go to https://westyorkshire.moderngov.co.uk/m ... px?UID=128

I'll be very interested to hear what response anyone gets, I'm sending mine this evening.

If you're willing to do this thanks, if not fair enough.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1374No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20 20185 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 22 10:0513th Oct 20 21:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Am ya papi

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm  
I like it! However not sure how appreciated numerous emails of similar context would be. Perhaps those who are interested should get together and put something forward as a collective?

One other thing that crossed my mind is would Denise have any sort of "power" if it is only for an interim period? It's roles like this where they're in the post to ensure things tick over rather than do anything proactive/fairly large.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35934
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 18:1513th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:31 pm  
TheDreadnought wrote:
I like it! However not sure how appreciated numerous emails of similar context would be. Perhaps those who are interested should get together and put something forward as a collective?

One other thing that crossed my mind is would Denise have any sort of "power" if it is only for an interim period? It's roles like this where they're in the post to ensure things tick over rather than do anything proactive/fairly large.

Fair points.

I think individual messages are the way but if people could stagger them then great, so me tonight, you tomorrow? and then whoever wants to go next.

No idea what powere she has if any, but at least it keeps it on the agenda, a reminder if you like. No guarantees as it could be utterly pointless.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1374No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20 20185 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Am ya papi

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:55 pm  
vastman wrote:
Fair points.

I think individual messages are the way but if people could stagger them then great, so me tonight, you tomorrow? and then whoever wants to go next.

No idea what powere she has if any, but at least it keeps it on the agenda, a reminder if you like. No guarantees as it could be utterly pointless.

I just thought it would be a "WTF" moment when 100 emails drop into her inbox haha

A staggered approach would probably be best and I'm more than happy to put something together. Depending on the amount of people who get involved, it might be worth leaving a little time for Denise to respond, if none then the next person sends a similar email. I don't know what you'd think of that?

A note on the latter part of your post, fingers crossed it's not pointless! :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 07 20159 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Oct 22 11:2619th Jun 22 08:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:07 pm  
Haven't been too polite to her over the years. Best not contribute
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 20186 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Mar 22 16:3520th Mar 22 16:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:13 pm  
wakefieldwall wrote:
Haven't been too polite to her over the years. Best not contribute

Me neither, but what the hell she's a politician she won't even remember. I'll do Wednesday.
FSW 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain221No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 20176 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 24 13:023rd Apr 24 10:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:26 pm  
I suspect all council politicians (of all hues) will have given a huge sigh of relief when Box went on his jaunt. Anyone who has been on a secondment at work knows how difficult it is to go back. Things must inevitably change in his absence and once councillors start to think for themselves they may not see Box as omnipotent any longer.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20225
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:5216th Apr 24 10:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:46 pm  
I don't think it needs to be staggered approach.
Just send when you can send.

One at a time will get lost in the inbox of all the other crap she gets.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1374No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20 20185 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Am ya papi

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:58 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I don't think it needs to be staggered approach.
Just send when you can send.

One at a time will get lost in the inbox of all the other crap she gets.

That's why I suggested sending something as a collective, the "send when you can" approach could get lost in the inbox of all the other crap she gets also.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2896
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 20159 years153rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:4415th Apr 24 19:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Denise, Denise... : Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm  
You're much more erudite than I am Vasty. Any chance of plagiarising your "draft" and adding my moniker to it?
Next