WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Denise, Denise...

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Denise, Denise...

Re: Denise, Denise... Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:24 pm  

KevW60349 wrote:
KevW60349 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:01 pm
Posts: 671
PopTart wrote:
I got it Vasty. Maybe it's an age thing.

I also got it straight away, was a big fan of Blondie in my younger days.
It brought back memories of me,years ago managing to get on a Sunday morning radio quiz show with DJ Dave Lee Travis asking the questions and one came up about Debbie Harry / Blondie.
The question was something along the lines of what was Blondies breakthrough hit in the UK.
My mind went blank, and the only song i remembered as time was just about up to answer question was "French kissing in the USA"
Wrong apparently,the correct answer was "Denis" this is the correct title of the song,but she sings it French like as "Denise,Denise" when you listen to the song.
Re: Denise, Denise... Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5083
KevW60349 wrote:
I also got it straight away, was a big fan of Blondie in my younger days.
It brought back memories of me,years ago managing to get on a Sunday morning radio quiz show with DJ Dave Lee Travis asking the questions and one came up about Debbie Harry / Blondie.
The question was something along the lines of what was Blondies breakthrough hit in the UK.
My mind went blank, and the only song i remembered as time was just about up to answer question was "French kissing in the USA"
Wrong apparently,the correct answer was "Denis" this is the correct title of the song,but she sings it French like as "Denise,Denise" when you listen to the song.

Could have been worse, wrong answer and Jimmy Saville being the DJ :shock:
Re: Denise, Denise... Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13212
Location: wakefield
KevW60349 wrote:
I also got it straight away, was a big fan of Blondie in my younger days.
It brought back memories of me,years ago managing to get on a Sunday morning radio quiz show with DJ Dave Lee Travis asking the questions and one came up about Debbie Harry / Blondie.
The question was something along the lines of what was Blondies breakthrough hit in the UK.
My mind went blank, and the only song i remembered as time was just about up to answer question was "French kissing in the USA"
Wrong apparently,the correct answer was "Denis" this is the correct title of the song,but she sings it French like as "Denise,Denise" when you listen to the song.


Denis and French Kissing were like 10 years apart.
You made me look up Blondie singles and it reminded me how good they were.
That'll be Spotify Car (solo) karaoke for tomorrow's journey to work sorted.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Denise, Denise... Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5083
PopTart wrote:
Denis and French Kissing were like 10 years apart.
You made me look up Blondie singles and it reminded me how good they were.
That'll be Spotify Car (solo) karaoke sorted for tomorrow's journey to work sorted.

Correct PT they were up there with the best at that time and their music will always stand the time.
Re: Denise, Denise... Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 am  

Jizzer wrote:
Jizzer

Redscat wrote:
As it says in RL Express, the new Council No 1 is a Trinity fan so maybe we have now got an ally.


Can't see it to be honest. She was the one cutting the ribbon on Newcold on the press release and also was the one who issued an article basically pointing the finger back at the club when they threatened legal action ('legal action is going to cost the public money' etc etc). Pretty sure there were a few more things/comments from her over the years with this whole charade that haven't sat right, but those are what spring to mind. As far as I'm concerned she's no better than Box, but hey I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Re: Denise, Denise... Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 am  

User avatarJINJER wrote:
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 7204
Location: WF6,a small town in Wakefield
Big lads mate wrote:
Correct PT they were up there with the best at that time and their music will always stand the time.

I must have put a fortune into Andrex coffers in my younger years due to Debbie Harry.. Saw them at Leeds uni, great entertainment.
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Re: Denise, Denise... Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:00 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
PopTart wrote:
Denis and French Kissing were like 10 years apart.
You made me look up Blondie singles and it reminded me how good they were.
That'll be Spotify Car (solo) karaoke for tomorrow's journey to work sorted.


Blondie were a brilliant band - and Debbie Harry was the first love of my life.

I'm expecting her recently released autobiography in my stocking - sincerely hoping it has lots of pictures.
Re: Denise, Denise... Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 am  

alegend wrote:
alegend Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 647
Still got fans who have no fath in what the chairman and Mr Carter are saying about the ground .You could not make it up .
Re: Denise, Denise... Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 am  

Jizzer wrote:
Jizzer

alegend wrote:
Still got fans who have no fath in what the chairman and Mr Carter are saying about the ground .You could not make it up .


MC and the chairman said there are talks in place but funding and planning permission is still to be sought - totally have faith in them doing the right thing and believe they are working hard behind the scenes, but this is nothing new. It's other key people involved that fans don't have faith in, and seriously who can blame them taking into account whats happened in recent years (never mind all the years before that). But feel free to rejoice in another press release/sound bite that says nothing monumental other than things are (kind of) moving forward.
Last edited by Jizzer on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Denise, Denise... Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 am  

User avatarJINJER wrote:
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 7204
Location: WF6,a small town in Wakefield
alegend wrote:
Still got fans who have no fath in what the chairman and Mr Carter are saying about the ground .You could not make it up .

Is that a Blondie song? :)
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alegend, Big lads mate, CHEADLE LEYTHER, coco the fullback, cosmicat, financialtimes, homme vaste, kyassor, lampyboy, Mick Amos 9 WTW, pamsboy, phe13, RTHICK95, wakeytrin and 146 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,7061,13478,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X