u RLFANS.COM - Rhubarb Radio

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Rhubarb Radio



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:39 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 958
Hey guys does anyone know if Rhubarb radio are broadcasting games live again this year?

would they do the trial game against hudds?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm
Posts: 1555
They are doing live games not sure on away games as the station has limited budget, but they're growing and The team are doing a great job of promoting RL and Trinity, not sure on tomorrow nights game though :thumb:






What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 902
financialtimes wrote:They are doing live games not sure on away games as the station has limited budget, but they're growing and The team are doing a great job of promoting RL and Trinity, not sure on tomorrow nights game though :thumb:


Yes we're doing away games this year again except Catalan again. (Unless you all fancy doing a whip round for the plane tickets and hotel :D ). We're trying our best on a limited budget to overcome the challenges that we face due to this. Obviously in terms of equipment it can at times mean there are some connection issues which I understand is frustrating for fans who want to listen to the game and a lot of the criticism we have had last season is due to technical issues. We've just got a new sponsor and and we're hoping we can make some changes this season to improve that (unless anyone on here has a couple of spare thousand lying around for some top radio outside broadcasting gear? :lol: ) and I can assure you this is being looked in to and is just as frustrating for us guys who give up our spare time to travel to Wigan after work on a Friday - only to be let down with tech issues. We've got a few new additions to the team which helps a lot and adds a bit of wider knowledge and extra manpower. Most of us are Wakefield fans doing this for free and don't have a background in radio traditionally. I know that I have been learning on the job - which is probably very obvious! We're doing our best and would appreciate it if fans can get behind us and any constructuve criticism is welcome. If you want to get involved we're always looking for people to potentially help out - it means we can also attend games as fans a bit more if there are more people on board!

Lastly, we've been doing a weekly facebook live show which has gone down fairly well so if you aren't familiar with it then give it a look on the facebook page. We had Jay Pitts on a few weeks back and tonight we had Adam Whitney on who is the England Knights strength and conditioning coach. Hopefully with more people getting behind it the more the service can improve - which will probably also mean me getting the boot (so there's an added incentive there if I've ever seen one :lol: on the plus side I'll be able to go back to having ten pints at a game and calling the opposition dickheads).

Oh and as for tomorrow night's game we won't be covering it but we will be at Hull KR for the first round.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 958
Hi Adam

I love the coverage living in Australia its the only way I can hear the games on the app - I am up in the early hours of the morning every week to listen I think you guys do a fantastic job !!!

i joined the 'Facebook page and will listen to the show every week , if you ever want any NRL news let me know.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:28 pm
Posts: 4901
Location: Outside your remit
Adam_Harrison9 wrote:Yes we're doing away games this year again except Catalan again. (Unless you all fancy doing a whip round for the plane tickets and hotel :D ). We're trying our best on a limited budget to overcome the challenges that we face due to this. Obviously in terms of equipment it can at times mean there are some connection issues which I understand is frustrating for fans who want to listen to the game and a lot of the criticism we have had last season is due to technical issues. We've just got a new sponsor and and we're hoping we can make some changes this season to improve that (unless anyone on here has a couple of spare thousand lying around for some top radio outside broadcasting gear? :lol: ) and I can assure you this is being looked in to and is just as frustrating for us guys who give up our spare time to travel to Wigan after work on a Friday - only to be let down with tech issues. We've got a few new additions to the team which helps a lot and adds a bit of wider knowledge and extra manpower. Most of us are Wakefield fans doing this for free and don't have a background in radio traditionally. I know that I have been learning on the job - which is probably very obvious! We're doing our best and would appreciate it if fans can get behind us and any constructuve criticism is welcome. If you want to get involved we're always looking for people to potentially help out - it means we can also attend games as fans a bit more if there are more people on board!

Lastly, we've been doing a weekly facebook live show which has gone down fairly well so if you aren't familiar with it then give it a look on the facebook page. We had Jay Pitts on a few weeks back and tonight we had Adam Whitney on who is the England Knights strength and conditioning coach. Hopefully with more people getting behind it the more the service can improve - which will probably also mean me getting the boot (so there's an added incentive there if I've ever seen one :lol: on the plus side I'll be able to go back to having ten pints at a game and calling the opposition dickheads).

Oh and as for tomorrow night's game we won't be covering it but we will be at Hull KR for the first round.


What sort of help are you looking for?






There's Only One F in Wakefield

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:39 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Riding the Trinity rollercoaster !!
Fairly sure I've got a spare 13 amp fuse kicking about somewhere :thumb:






M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 902
TrinityIHC wrote:What sort of help are you looking for?


It's mainly as a technician in the studio but chances are a bit of commentary/co-commentary could also be available dependant on avalability and needs of the group.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:36 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 902
FIL wrote:Fairly sure I've got a spare 13 amp fuse kicking about somewhere :thumb:


That steam powered Sinclair sounds like it might come in handy...

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Riding the Trinity rollercoaster !!
I'll try and fire it up for you :thumb:






M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rhubarb Radio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 958
thanks guys for a great call - love how you call it how it is..


that was a total disgrace

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 





It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:52 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sCat, cocker, cosmicat, Eastern Wildcat, Fordy, Google [Bot], Mick Amos 9 WTW, mwildcats, PopTart, REDWHITEANDBLUE, RickK, sandcat20, Scarlet Pimpernell, Trin3195, Trinity 61, wakeytrin, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo, wrencat1873 and 240 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:52 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,006,8112,13277,9794,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 2nd Jul 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 10th Jul 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 26th Jul 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 2nd Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33

.