u RLFANS.COM - Further Injury Fears

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Further Injury Fears

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Further Injury Fears
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Oddshapeball wrote:The worry for me is the amount of long term injuries, short term injuries can be overcome pretty quick but long term can severely effect confidence in a player and take many games to get match fit which we can I'll afford.

It's the long term injuries that I was basically referring to Oddshape. You're right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

1315trinity wrote:I think everybody is a bit right here!
We've been hit by injuries -hard, and it does make you feel when they come back that any tackle is going to crock them again!
Yes, I guess it's out turn to suffer numerous injuries, some long term, (although, surely we must be coming to the end of our bad luck in that respect!)
All that said, I do agree with FC that the injury situation does not excuse poor performances from the fit players on the pitch!

Its one of them, take 4-5 of your top players out of any side and they will struggle. Harder to get on top through the middle if you dont have any forwards, not many players can finish like TJ or tackle like Arona etc

There's Only One F in Wakefield

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:10 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

TrinityIHC wrote:Its one of them, take 4-5 of your top players out of any side and they will struggle. Harder to get on top through the middle if you dont have any forwards, not many players can finish like TJ or tackle like Arona etc

Correct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:18 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

PopTart wrote:They are not saying they can't accept them.
They are just saying how they feel.

You don’t half take thing literally. Of course there not and of course I get it, I was just expressing the counter argument.

It’s a concern I accept and I too find it worrying at present. What I’m not wanting is for it to become an obsession. Trinity fans are for good reason the most pessimistic fans in the game, do we really need another nail? Or worse become it become a self forfilling prophecy.

Hopefully it will sort itself out, may even be the making of some players. We need to remain positive, it’s only game one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:13 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Cleaned up.

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Alchemist1 wrote:Look how it affected saints last week you take any 4 or 5 top players out of any team and that team will struggle

I thought we went for a bigger squad this year to counter act that?

The injuries are always a factor but they have also been a handy excuse for fans to use. Quite simply the performances have been below what would be expected even given the players missing. The team on the park should have been better than 3 wins in 17 games.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:11 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Injuries did not stop Cas putting in a determined, disciplined performance against Wigan last week. The coaching staff at Cas deserve huge credit in getting their squad to buy into a simple effective game plan and stick to it no matter who is wearing the shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sacred Cow wrote:I thought we went for a bigger squad this year to counter act that?

The injuries are always a factor but they have also been a handy excuse for fans to use. Quite simply the performances have been below what would be expected even given the players missing. The team on the park should have been better than 3 wins in 17 games.

Thats true, however a team like Wakey needs its best players on the park. If all we have on the park is players who wouldnt get in other sides then we are always going to struggle.

Fifita, Tupou, Johnstone, Ashurst are our star men and we missed them for huge chunks of last season.

We also have had to move Tanginoa into the front row where he is far less effective so we lose another player there effectively.

Like if you watch the Hull KR game back, we actually put on some decent stuff & outperformed KR on the stats, but every time we got some momentum or field position we came up with an error.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TrinityIHC wrote:Thats true, however a team like Wakey needs its best players on the park. If all we have on the park is players who wouldnt get in other sides then we are always going to struggle.

Fifita, Tupou, Johnstone, Ashurst are our star men and we missed them for huge chunks of last season.

We also have had to move Tanginoa into the front row where he is far less effective so we lose another player there effectively.

Like if you watch the Hull KR game back, we actually put on some decent stuff & outperformed KR on the stats, but every time we got some momentum or field position we came up with an error.

when we got into good field position our lack of a good organizer let us down AGAIN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

BOJ042 wrote:when we got into good field position our lack of a good organizer let us down AGAIN

Watch the game back - I didnt really twig at the game but he nearly scored, got an assist, put plenty of people through gaps which were only denied by some great last ditch tackling from KR. Then played 30 - 40 mins with a ruptured tendon - and was still doing his share.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com