Oct 15 200420 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 23 16:2428th Mar 23 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:04 pm  
Didn’t Fifita say on rugby am last week that his foot was fully recovered now and he was ready to go? Only thing wrong was short of match fitness?

And surely injuries do play a part..especially missing the go forward and experience of players like Fifita and Arona...it will be amazing how much quicker the plays will look when these two guys are in the middle and Tanginoa is freed to play on the edges again...these are the players who get us on the front foot and break up opposition defences...
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1354
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 21 20204 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 20:2015th Apr 24 12:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:06 pm  
Trinityknight wrote:
In answer to your question yes they have only the other week cas where naming 17 year old who where playing under 16s last year in there squad v wigan 3 week ago and beat wigan.not interested in the debste weather cc should stay or go but we cant harp on about injuries all the time

I'm not talking about ONE game I'm talking about year long injuries to many players, some of them season ending.
No, you can't name another SL coach in the last year who has battled against injuries like CC has because there isn't one.
I for one am not 'harping on' about the situation using it as an excuse but let's be fair, when was the 17 you would like in the squad last named?
FIL 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4341
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200915 years50th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 21:1315th Apr 24 14:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:14 pm  
Redscat wrote:
David Fifita himself stated that it would be 2 weeks on last Wednesday's Rugby AM

Cheers mate ...so they are both officially "fit" for the Hull match then, so after Friday's second half debacle against Cas, will Chessie risk putting either/both of them in against Salford ??
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200420 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 23 16:2428th Mar 23 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:21 pm  
Trinityknight wrote:
In answer to your question yes they have only the other week cas where naming 17 year old who where playing under 16s last year in there squad v wigan 3 week ago and beat wigan.not interested in the debste weather cc should stay or go but we cant harp on about injuries all the time

That is not the same issue as Chester has had to deal with at all. Yes they were missing a few players but fielded their first choice spine...Rankin, Trueman, Richardson and McShane...centres were their long standing captain and an NRL signing...their forwards included Watts, Millington, Smith, Moors, Holmes, Massey so there was no real area where they were struggling so wasn’t really an issue bringing a couple of young lads into that squad...if you look at the Wigan team that day they were missing plenty too...French and Powell for starters!

Last season we missed our entire left edge nearly all season and for large parts missed halfbacks, Fifita, Arona etc...at the start of this season we’ve been four props down to the extent we’ve had to play a back rower at prop and that’s severely affecting his game!

When we get all our big guns on the field we are a decent side...like all sides...the more injuries we get the tougher we’ll find it!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 28 20186 years40th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 19:3517th Apr 24 18:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:50 pm  
When we fire on all cylinders as we have seen we are a match for the best ,but keeping them all firing smoothly seems to allude us at times .Bradford should be despatched with ease but we all know that on the day we won’t know if the Morris minor or the Porsche will turn up .
Injury’s apart this has been our biggest problem over the recent seasons,Losing for me isn’t a problem it happens to the best ,it’s the manner of defeat that rankles me.All I hope for in every game is that the players on the field are as committed to the Trinity cause as much as I’ve been over the last 50 years.
A challenge cup final has eluded us for far too long, but again this year I’ll be hoping that this is our year, just hope the team have those same aspirations this time around, because I honestly believe we have a squad that can get there .The balls in their court .
musson 
RankPostsTeam
International Star1692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 201014 years255th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Mar 23 05:5416th Mar 23 19:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 pm  
FIL wrote:
As per my previous post elsewhere, Arona said at the Warrington match that he was 3 weeks away, and I'm sure I read somewhere that Fifita was in contention for a place against Cas ??

Do you know something we don't ?

Arona defo did say at the wire match he would be ready for the hull match

Dave said on rugby AM he was good to play just needed some match fitness

So you are right on both counts FIL
Last edited by musson on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain376No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Dec 20 21:4417th Dec 20 21:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:59 pm  
1315trinity wrote:
I'm not talking about ONE game I'm talking about year long injuries to many players, some of them season ending.
No, you can't name another SL coach in the last year who has battled against injuries like CC has because there isn't one.
I for one am not 'harping on' about the situation using it as an excuse but let's be fair, when was the 17 you would like in the squad last named?

All teams have injuries cas had a fair few last year rugby is not a 13 man or even a 17 man game no more its a full squad of at least 30.we had more than a good team out to bt cas last week but all some go on about is injuries last i looked every game we played we always had the same amount of players starting the match as the other team last and this year.people are already blaming injuries this year when in fact we dont have that many out and its all been about the forwards been out but its not the forwarlds where we are losing games its out wide

What will be will be personally just think blaming ingries all the time is a cop out
musson 
RankPostsTeam
International Star1692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 201014 years255th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Mar 23 05:5416th Mar 23 19:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:12 pm  
little wayne69 wrote:
So you know for sure it's black and white, do you know that both players were fully fit or are you guessing, don't you think that Chester would have loved to have played them both if possible.

Yes see all the posts re Dave and Green there is no guessing on my part
Secondly yes again
Chester didn’t want to change the team as reward for the wire win, so specifically no, Chester would not play them as he wanted to reward last weeks team

little wayne69 wrote:
On another side note don't you think that given the choice where to play him, that Chester wouldn't play him in the second row when available to do so.

Chester stated in an interview that he sees Tanginoa as a prop
You can see that interview on social media and on Trin TV

little wayne69 wrote:
I doubt what ever Chester said to them at half time, it wouldn't be either rocks or diamonds, clearly whatever it was they didn't take any notice, one other thing, don't think for one minute that you've cornered the market in frustration, because you certainly haven't, we're all the same it's just some people are more patient than others, now this is the time to tell me your entitled to your opinion, well guess what, so am I and if you haven't guessed by now mine differs to yours.

I am one of the most patient guys you’ll ever meet
It’s a prerequisite of being a dad and a wakey fan lol

Lastly
We are either diamonds or rocks
Hull KR opener = one, if not the worst Wakey performances I’ve seen in sl
Wire = one of the best I’ve seen

Cas first half, diamonds and second half rocks
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 13:0218th Jun 23 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:33 pm  
upthecats wrote:
That is not the same issue as Chester has had to deal with at all. Yes they were missing a few players but fielded their first choice spine...Rankin, Trueman, Richardson and McShane...centres were their long standing captain and an NRL signing...their forwards included Watts, Millington, Smith, Moors, Holmes, Massey so there was no real area where they were struggling so wasn’t really an issue bringing a couple of young lads into that squad...if you look at the Wigan team that day they were missing plenty too...French and Powell for starters!
!

French played against Cas, made a break from inside His own half which we scampered back for

Moors played off the bench, first game in 9 months after a broken hip, played with no training and injections, did 1 15 minute stint and hasn't been in the squad since.

I was v pleased with the performance that night, the result was a bonus.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out : Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:58 pm  
musson wrote:
Yes see all the posts re Dave and Green there is no guessing on my part
Secondly yes again

Have you seen a post from Chester saying both are fit, or are you just taking the word of posters on here where there is such a confliction of the truth where some posters say they're fit this week, some say they will be back for the Hull game, i don't know who to believe, but you've clearly made your mind up.
musson wrote:
Chester stated in an interview that he sees Tanginoa as a prop
You can see that interview on social media and on Trin TV

Don't need to see the interview, if Chester say's he sees him as a prop it's his decision to make irrespective of what we believe.
musson wrote:
I am one of the most patient guys you’ll ever meet
It’s a prerequisite of being a dad and a wakey fan lol

First of all congratulations on being a dad and a Wakey supporter, i too am also a dad and a Wakey supporter and at a guess I'm much older than you and believe me just as patient as you are if not more so by reading your post, so my frustration will probably trump yours, like I've already told you, you don't have that monopoly, let things develop it's less stressful we're only 3 games into the season.
musson wrote:
Lastly We are either diamonds or rocks
Hull KR opener = one, if not the worst Wakey performances I’ve seen in sl
Wire = one of the best I’ve seen Cas first half, diamonds and second half rocks

I still doubt Chester would have told them to play like they did in the second half, did he give them poor instructions on what to do in the second half or could it be they didn't take in what he actually instructed them to do, you make up your own mind.
Last edited by little wayne69 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext