OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 22:1028th Feb 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Re: Magic Weekend : Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:37 pm  
I could see Magic working really well as a relaunch of the season, subject to it being medically wise, sometime in July. The problem may be that we'll have a lot of fixtures to squeeze in, and it is an extra one we don't need.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4641
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 17:4914th Mar 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: Magic Weekend : Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:05 pm  
I've always thought the Challenge Cup could be reinvigorated with a magic fixture for maybe the last 16 teams. 4 games on Saturday, and 4 games on Sunday. It's a neutral venue for all teams, and would probably include some Championship teams. It might just be the concept to get more people interested in the cup.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Sep 23 21:0322nd May 23 14:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:02 pm  
snowie wrote:
I take it from reading your post especially your last sentence about previous diseases your unsure whether the lockdown was required,
I watched the other day the program horizon all about the start of the virus and how it has accelerated far greater than sars, mers, aids and common flu and also has a slower detection so if you've not seen I'd suggest you watch, we could of isolated it at China, saying that it would probably of found it way out somehow but isolation has slowed the rate down, they are now looking at statistics which is a guide to how and when we can get to normal,
I very much doubt it will go away until we find a vaccine and then we might have a fighting chance with herd immunity.
There was also watched a program about the Spanish flu in 1918 I few weeks back where estimated 50 million plus died which showed how isolation then was none existing.

Isolation is only slowing the rate of infection at the moment but it has worked at a cost to everyone, my youngest sons friend has lost his mother who had health issues and she was in her mid 40s and lived in wrenthorpe

This virus is like dodging invisible bullets

Just like to add when I use to go in to food factories you had to train up on the health and safety and hygiene was the main subject, even the they constantly asked you to wash your hands but something which they also expressed was to dry then too as wet hands accelerate bacteria, why this is not mentioned I don't know.

Keep safe all

It's just when the experts say without the lockdown being in place, and by us not following it, according to them, there would have been many more deaths, but I haven't seen any actual evidence they have to support this? I haven't seen the programme, but I will try and watch it. I'm not in any way trying to belittle this terrible virus, or belittle what NHS workers, carers etc are doing and going through. My partner used to be a carer and has done hospital shifts, so I know what they are up against to a point. I was just trying to put some perspective on what the govt. have asked us to do, and just to understand where we are with this in comparison to the other illnesses I mentioned. Thing is, there's usually two sides to every story if you like, and you can't just blindly accept what an 'expert' says all the time, questions have to be asked by journalists to politicians and scientists to try and give a balanced view to joe public. Like I said, I don't envy the powers that be, and they were placed in a very difficult position, but by choosing this path, they will have even more difficult decisions ahead, and maybe in the coming weeks and months will have to explain why they went a certain way with this. Also, let's see what repercussions there will be for China as a result of this, whether money is the be all and end all, because they 'control' a lot of the worlds' reliance on all things technical, the percentage of mobiles, computers etc made in China and neighbouring countries is massive, and cutting them off by the UK, USA would be a massive call, but probably the right one ethically, but would be financial and economical suicide. Then we may just see the true colours of Boris, and Trump, although I think we already know where he's coming from half the time....... :DOH:
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:59 pm  
Wildmoggy wrote:
It's just when the experts say without the lockdown being in place, and by us not following it, according to them, there would have been many more deaths, but I haven't seen any actual evidence they have to support this? I haven't seen the programme, but I will try and watch it. I'm not in any way trying to belittle this terrible virus, or belittle what NHS workers, carers etc are doing and going through. My partner used to be a carer and has done hospital shifts, so I know what they are up against to a point. I was just trying to put some perspective on what the govt. have asked us to do, and just to understand where we are with this in comparison to the other illnesses I mentioned. Thing is, there's usually two sides to every story if you like, and you can't just blindly accept what an 'expert' says all the time, questions have to be asked by journalists to politicians and scientists to try and give a balanced view to joe public. Like I said, I don't envy the powers that be, and they were placed in a very difficult position, but by choosing this path, they will have even more difficult decisions ahead, and maybe in the coming weeks and months will have to explain why they went a certain way with this. Also, let's see what repercussions there will be for China as a result of this, whether money is the be all and end all, because they 'control' a lot of the worlds' reliance on all things technical, the percentage of mobiles, computers etc made in China and neighbouring countries is massive, and cutting them off by the UK, USA would be a massive call, but probably the right one ethically, but would be financial and economical suicide. Then we may just see the true colours of Boris, and Trump, although I think we already know where he's coming from half the time....... :DOH:

A can't get me breath here, do you think the government and it's advisers have implemented all these measures for the sake of it, do you think they've brought the country to it's knees financially for a laugh, they're not experts they are trying to do an impossible job in extremely difficult circumstances, both sick and healthy people are dying, it's happening all over the world if you want evidence watch the news on AlJazeera or News France 24, 2 news programmes without a political agenda, or if you need further evidence that this is just a bad dream I'm sure with that kind of attitude towards all this you'll find it, If you have differences with Boris Johnston and his government, might I suggest a more suitable time to air your political views.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 pm  
Wildmoggy wrote:
The other program was on BBC 2 called the flu that killed 50 million and you should be a how to get both on catch up and was worth watching to get an understanding of how that became such a sad time for them at the end of the war.
I still don't think they know what they are dealing with and are just running with it the best way they think it can go, politically you can't knock them as it would of been the same who ever was in power, shortages of equipment was bound to happen it's no different to the shelves of pasta being emptied.
The horizon program gives a good insight of why you need to isolate
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17882
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 13:5526th Apr 24 13:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 am  
King Street Cat wrote:
I've always thought the Challenge Cup could be reinvigorated with a magic fixture for maybe the last 16 teams. 4 games on Saturday, and 4 games on Sunday. It's a neutral venue for all teams, and would probably include some Championship teams. It might just be the concept to get more people interested in the cup.

This would be an excellent idea and could pull in some neutrals, in addition to the fans of the clubs that were involved.
It could still be taken to different venues etc, :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:02 am  
little wayne69 wrote:
A can't get me breath here, do you think the government and it's advisers have implemented all these measures for the sake of it, do you think they've brought the country to it's knees financially for a laugh, they're not experts they are trying to do an impossible job in extremely difficult circumstances, both sick and healthy people are dying, it's happening all over the world if you want evidence watch the news on AlJazeera or News France 24, 2 news programmes without a political agenda, or if you need further evidence that this is just a bad dream I'm sure with that kind of attitude towards all this you'll find it, If you have differences with Boris Johnston and his government, might I suggest a more suitable time to air your political views.

Yes I believe they have put these measures in place for a laugh :shock: Why say something like that?! The politicians are taking advice from the 'experts' and are putting the measures in place by what chief scientists and the medical profession are telling them. I'll repeat, when these experts continually say, without everyone doing their bit, there would have been more deaths, they haven't produced any evidence for this, it's what they think MIGHT have happened. This advice, which the politicians and the 'experts' have followed rigidly, that's why they became infected?! So is it way too simplistic to say, the advice they are giving is not foolproof, or they are being hypocritical and not practising what they are preaching?? Is it just that this is pot luck whether you get it or not, no matter what you do? Exercise is allowed in your locality, a good idea or ridiculous? Given yesterday I walked the dog around my local playing fields with 12 others and at least 16 dogs running around all over the place and people coming within 2 metres to retrieve said dogs?! Why 'close' the National parks? Lake district, Dartmoor, Highlands etc, wide open spaces where you could go for hours and not encounter another person, unlike my local playing fields.........
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6292
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 22:1028th Feb 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:17 am  
Wildmoggy wrote:
Why 'close' the National parks? Lake district, Dartmoor, Highlands etc, wide open spaces where you could go for hours and not encounter another person, unlike my local playing fields.........

Because everyone goes there, and congregate on packed car parks and footpaths. People will gravitate towards beauty spots for their daily exercise, but I think the actual point is that you're supposed to exercise where you live, not drive to a beauty spot.

The point about reducing deaths is that if you can keep the infection rate to a minimal level, the NHS can cope with the influx and do their best to keep people alive. If we all get it en masse, there'll be people dying in hospital corridors due to lack of equipment and beds, etc.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2982
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 12:4123rd Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 am  
Wildmoggy wrote:
Yes I believe they have put these measures in place for a laugh :shock: Why say something like that?! The politicians are taking advice from the 'experts' and are putting the measures in place by what chief scientists and the medical profession are telling them. I'll repeat, when these experts continually say, without everyone doing their bit, there would have been more deaths, they haven't produced any evidence for this, it's what they think MIGHT have happened. This advice, which the politicians and the 'experts' have followed rigidly, that's why they became infected?! So is it way too simplistic to say, the advice they are giving is not foolproof, or they are being hypocritical and not practising what they are preaching?? Is it just that this is pot luck whether you get it or not, no matter what you do? Exercise is allowed in your locality, a good idea or ridiculous? Given yesterday I walked the dog around my local playing fields with 12 others and at least 16 dogs running around all over the place and people coming within 2 metres to retrieve said dogs?! Why 'close' the National parks? Lake district, Dartmoor, Highlands etc, wide open spaces where you could go for hours and not encounter another person, unlike my local playing fields.........

Cant believe what you are saying....
The local thing should be easy to maintain.
It allows for exercise and if people cant maintain or tell each other to move out of the way and keep 6 feet/2 metres apart then there is something seriously wrong.
As for not closing the national parks etc. are you on something??
For a start its difficult for the police etc with restricted resources to keep people away from these areas if they were open.
Have you not seen the news with bell ends driving from London to Torquay to visit the seaside?
Or a family who drove from London to visit the Lake District in a camper van?
Both rightly fined.
These complete tools are wasting police resources by their incompetence and selfishness.
And you want the parks open?
Unbelievable.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:33 am  
Slugger McBatt wrote:
Because everyone goes there, and congregate on packed car parks and footpaths. People will gravitate towards beauty spots for their daily exercise, but I think the actual point is that you're supposed to exercise where you live, not drive to a beauty spot.

The point about reducing deaths is that if you can keep the infection rate to a minimal level, the NHS can cope with the influx and do their best to keep people alive. If we all get it en masse, there'll be people dying in hospital corridors due to lack of equipment and beds, etc.

Well yeah, but you are missing my point! Which is, by doing what they are saying, there is no scientific proof that there would be more people getting this, therefore more people dying etc. An argument to the experts could be, if between 700 and 900 are dying from this, a fair point could be, what you are suggesting simply isn't working? Their counter argument is, yes but there would be more people dying if no lockdown. So then prove this, they can't, unless i'm missing something. Trust me, there are a lot of people now questioning all this. As far as I can tell 100% foolproof protection from this would be to live in an airtight sealed box. What they have implemented is all about a percentage and the LIKELIHOOD of contracting this. Gotta go walk the dog now and hope and pray no-one comes within 2 metres of me, or does it really matter anyway???! :CRAZY:
PreviousNext