Feb 21 201113 years206th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 18:2418th Apr 24 17:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:48 pm  
Fishermanscap wrote:
Not so. You can only claim your money back through the CC Company as the last resort ie the supplier has gone bust or is criminally negligent. Also, the CC card company will not refund you straight away, what they are obliged to do is pursue the claim on your behalf and recover the money from the supplier on your behalf, only if that fails will they refund you directly, takes a while trust me.

Ryan air has fully refunded with a voucher. BLM could have had cash if he'd have asked but the Airline will always offer in-kind first. Ditto, any other costs. I'd take the money because god knows where the airlines will be in twelve-month but that's just my opinion.

What you definitely can't have is the vouchers and your money back, one or the other.

I’ve claimed my money back from Ryanair just got a voucher for the digs in Perpignan.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6292
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 200717 years201st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 24 05:1528th Feb 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Re: Magic Weekend : Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:21 pm  
Fishermanscap wrote:
Not so. You can only claim your money back through the CC Company as the last resort ie the supplier has gone bust or is criminally negligent. Also, the CC card company will not refund you straight away, what they are obliged to do is pursue the claim on your behalf and recover the money from the supplier on your behalf, only if that fails will they refund you directly, takes a while trust me.

I don't think that's right. They are just as liable as the car parking company, albeit they may try to rely on the same exclusion.

Where you do have power is that companies don't want to fall out with the credit card companies as the CC company can refuse to have any further dealings with them, meaning that the company would lose a valuable source of payment.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act
Fishermanscap wrote:

I don't think that's right. They are just as liable as the car parking company, albeit they may try to rely on the same exclusion.

Where you do have power is that companies don't want to fall out with the credit card companies as the CC company can refuse to have any further dealings with them, meaning that the company would lose a valuable source of payment.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4550
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 30 200815 years213th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:1212th Apr 24 14:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

Re: Magic Weekend : Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:32 pm  
Fishermanscap wrote:

Ryan air has fully refunded with a voucher. BLM could have had cash if he'd have asked but the Airline will always offer in-kind first. Ditto, any other costs. I'd take the money because god knows where the airlines will be in twelve-month but that's just my opinion.

What you definitely can't have is the vouchers and your money back, one or the other.

It wasn't Ryanair I was referring to it was his car parking at Stansted Airport!
RankPostsTeam
International Star739No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 09 201014 years251st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:3315th Apr 24 13:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:43 am  
Magic Weekend postponed, but not cancelled. Hoping to fit it in later if possible.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 20186 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Mar 22 16:3520th Mar 22 16:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:57 am  
Slugger McBatt wrote:

You are right but I never said they were not liable, they are ultimately liable for anything purchased via a CC as per the Credit Act. What I said was that a full refund is not always the immediate result of a claim. They will first investigate, then give the company in question the right to appeal, as not all claims are justified. Then if you have a case it goes to legal who will sue on your behalf, in the meantime, they will generally credit your account, they don't actually wait for the legal issues to be resolved. When this happened to me took nearly 2 months because the company objected then said they would credit me then they didn't etc etc. TBF the CC company was very good, I got it all back and a £25 M&S voucher as an apology. :D
Slugger McBatt wrote:

You are right but I never said they were not liable, they are ultimately liable for anything purchased via a CC as per the Credit Act. What I said was that a full refund is not always the immediate result of a claim. They will first investigate, then give the company in question the right to appeal, as not all claims are justified. Then if you have a case it goes to legal who will sue on your behalf, in the meantime, they will generally credit your account, they don't actually wait for the legal issues to be resolved. When this happened to me took nearly 2 months because the company objected then said they would credit me then they didn't etc etc. TBF the CC company was very good, I got it all back and a £25 M&S voucher as an apology. :D
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4778
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200321 years126th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:2218th Apr 24 07:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:51 pm  
poplar cats alive wrote:
Magic Weekend postponed, but not cancelled. Hoping to fit it in later if possible.

Optimistic I think Germany has cancelled Oktober Fest if that's anything to go by I cannot see gatherings in the UK for sport etc for some time yet. Maybe held behind closed doors though at some point.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:27 pm  
REDWHITEANDBLUE wrote:
Optimistic I think Germany has cancelled Oktober Fest if that's anything to go by I cannot see gatherings in the UK for sport etc for some time yet. Maybe held behind closed doors though at some point.

Still waiting for the killers concert to be cancelled which for us is on the 13th June in Middlesbrough as yet no news but doubt it will go ahead, was looking forward to that as I'll be 60 on that day
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7664
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200321 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:5530th Jan 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm  
Magic Weekend May be held later but it will not be in Newcastle
FSW 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain221No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 20177 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 15:083rd Apr 24 10:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:37 pm  
They'll probably hold it in Michigan where Trump's acolytes will form an armed guard to uphold their right to congregate and carry sub machine guns.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20225
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 14:0316th Apr 24 10:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Magic Weekend : Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:04 pm  
Fishermanscap wrote:

It all depends on the case.
I claimed for tickets I bought for one of the Christmas adventure places that went bust. Got my full money back straight away.
Just depends whether it is contested I guess.
Previous