WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Costs of playing behind closed doors.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Costs of playing behind closed doors.

Costs of playing behind closed doors.
Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:26 pm
Posted by TrinTrin on Sat May 23, 2020 2:26 pm
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 319
Rep Position: 130th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 559
For all those who poo poohed the question of cost's the questions of costs, ie, testing - of all players, staff, officials, coaches & doctors etc not to forget full clean
down of all possible affected buildings, internal & external.
Football is even cleaning down players care etc !
Michael Carter is very, very concerned about these issues even if supporters are not aware of concerned !!!!
All as per his press release !
As everyone knows, the problem is no revenue from the gate of the day, with costs compounding !
I do however like the idea of paying for a full size cardboard cut out for match day & the cameras etc + linked "canned cheering" for atmos !
Cost of manufacture inclusive of up front with a charge for match day ???
Re: Costs of playing behind closed doors.
Post Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Posted by Scarlet Pimpernell on Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 252
Rep Position: 163rd / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 1699
We do technically have funding from a crowd for each game from the season tickets sold which is basically an discounted advance on the gate for each home match. I accept this is well below what we would expect to receive from the various revenue streams on match day. The problem is that for every game behind closed doors the only supporters losing out financially is the home season ticket holders.
It is the same for each club to a more or lesser degree depending on ST sales.
Posted by Dunkirk Spirit on Sun May 24, 2020 7:54 am
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 136th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 621
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
We do technically have funding from a crowd for each game from the season tickets sold which is basically an discounted advance on the gate for each home match. I accept this is well below what we would expect to receive from the various revenue streams on match day. The problem is that for every game behind closed doors the only supporters losing out financially is the home season ticket holders.
It is the same for each club to a more or lesser degree depending on ST sales.


I don’t know how many fans are in the Trinity connect six Scheme. We pay £26, per month for both next season ticket and the current year weekly club draw. The current season’s ticket was paid for last season and we’ve already paid five moths payment for next season ticket. Just imagine, a thousand fans paying This way is £26 thousand pounds a month regular income for the club. I’m pretty sure most fans would be prepared to write off the loss of this season ticket for the sake of the club, and I’m confident MC is working hard to ensure season ticket buyers are not out of pocket next season. I don’t have Sky tv, so I’ll miss the live behind closed doors games. If some games are streamed, I would subscribe to see not just Trinity games, but selected SL games that take my fancy. There is no doubt that the current situation is a financial nightmare for every business, most of all with limited income.
Posted by Big lads mate on Sun May 24, 2020 9:00 am
Big lads mate Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 730
Rep Position: 41st / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4772
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I don’t know how many fans are in the Trinity connect six Scheme. We pay £26, per month for both next season ticket and the current year weekly club draw. The current season’s ticket was paid for last season and we’ve already paid five moths payment for next season ticket. Just imagine, a thousand fans paying This way is £26 thousand pounds a month regular income for the club. I’m pretty sure most fans would be prepared to write off the loss of this season ticket for the sake of the club, and I’m confident MC is working hard to ensure season ticket buyers are not out of pocket next season. I don’t have Sky tv, so I’ll miss the live behind closed doors games. If some games are streamed, I would subscribe to see not just Trinity games, but selected SL games that take my fancy. There is no doubt that the current situation is a financial nightmare for every business, most of all with limited income.

You can come and watch it at mine DS, I’ll leave the top window open so you can hear the commentary and pass an umbrella out if the rain starts :thumb:
Posted by Dunkirk Spirit on Sun May 24, 2020 9:05 am
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 136th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 621
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Big lads mate wrote:
You can come and watch it at mine DS, I’ll leave the top window open so you can hear the commentary and pass an umbrella out if the rain starts :thumb:

Knowing you, the umbrella will have holes in the top. :lol: will your provide the pies
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Sun May 24, 2020 9:12 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 669
Rep Position: 47th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7666
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
I think I've written off the 2020 season ticket. If we do eventually get preferentially access to Belle Vue I wonder if an additional voluntary entry charge might be worth looking at.

At least the Sky Sports subscriptions are paused for now so there is a gain there.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Costs of playing behind closed doors.
Post Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 am
Posted by BarnsleyGull on Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 am
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 419
Rep Position: 93rd / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 766
Location: Behind the Sticks
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I don’t know how many fans are in the Trinity connect six Scheme. We pay £26, per month for both next season ticket and the current year weekly club draw. The current season’s ticket was paid for last season and we’ve already paid five moths payment for next season ticket. Just imagine, a thousand fans paying This way is £26 thousand pounds a month regular income for the club. I’m pretty sure most fans would be prepared to write off the loss of this season ticket for the sake of the club, and I’m confident MC is working hard to ensure season ticket buyers are not out of pocket next season. I don’t have Sky tv, so I’ll miss the live behind closed doors games. If some games are streamed, I would subscribe to see not just Trinity games, but selected SL games that take my fancy. There is no doubt that the current situation is a financial nightmare for every business, most of all with limited income.


I'm in the Connect 6 DS, a very easy way to pay for a season ticket. I for one won't be asking for any money back from the club re missed games. If keeping my bit of money helps the club in any way that's fine by me. So I wouldn't be bothered about any refund for 2020, or any discount for my 2021 season ticket.
Also as you mention the weekly draw is a bit of a bonus and I have been lucky enough to win the £250 top prize as well as some trinity shop vouchers.

Up the Trin!
Re: Costs of playing behind closed doors.
Post Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 am
Posted by REDWHITEANDBLUE on Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 am
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 212th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 3760
I do commit 6 and will write this year off to contribute to the club's future it's the least I can do
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Costs of playing behind closed doors.
Post Sun May 24, 2020 12:57 pm
Posted by Big lads mate on Sun May 24, 2020 12:57 pm
Big lads mate Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 730
Rep Position: 41st / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4772
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Knowing you, the umbrella will have holes in the top. :lol: will your provide the pies

And peas :thumb:
Posted by Dunkirk Spirit on Sun May 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 136th / 78,111

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 621
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Big lads mate wrote:
And peas :thumb:

Good to know you’ll leave a bucket out for me :D
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOJ042 and 44 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,046,88440478,1114,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)