WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Adopt a player

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Adopt a player

Re: Adopt a player Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:57 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7897
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
financialtimes wrote:
Has anyone heard which player they’ve adopted yet?
I think 31st July was mentioned as the date :?


That was the closing date so I guess they started with the paper exercise yesterday? Have you got the spare bedroom ready yet?
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Adopt a player Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:15 pm  
financialtimes User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm
Posts: 1645
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
That was the closing date so I guess they started with the paper exercise yesterday? Have you got the spare bedroom ready yet?

I’ve dusted of the tent and found an old sleeping bag :wink:
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword
Image
Re: Adopt a player Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:55 am  

musson wrote:
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 1351
Oddly quite excited to see who I’ve adopted
Defo a good bit of fun and a good idea to get some money coming in for the club
Re: Adopt a player Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:00 am  

musson wrote:
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 1351
Really don’t get how in this day and age some one doesn’t have a pay pal account
It’s the main and safest way to buy something online
It’s a 5 minute process to set up and no more difficult to use than this forum. PayPal’s also being about for a good 15 years so hardly a new app

It’s no different to having a bank card and I some ways more useful than a bank card
Re: Adopt a player Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:54 am  
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 3838
musson wrote:
Really don’t get how in this day and age some one doesn’t have a pay pal account
It’s the main and safest way to buy something online
It’s a 5 minute process to set up and no more difficult to use than this forum. PayPal’s also being about for a good 15 years so hardly a new app

It’s no different to having a bank card and I some ways more useful than a bank card


Not that I have but PayPal accounts get hacked quite often when a phishing email purportedly comes from them to update t&Cs etc. I know some people have been conned but if you make sure you check the sending email account you will know, easy said but some people struggle with email etc.
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Adopt a player Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:01 pm  

User avatarTrinityDave wrote:
TrinityDave User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Wakefield
musson wrote:
Oddly quite excited to see who I’ve adopted
Defo a good bit of fun and a good idea to get some money coming in for the club

10th of August we find out
There are those who are born to drive, and those who are born to be driven Wakefield till i die
Re: Adopt a player Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:28 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1667
Location: Tomorrowland
musson wrote:
Really don’t get how in this day and age some one doesn’t have a pay pal account
It’s the main and safest way to buy something online
It’s a 5 minute process to set up and no more difficult to use than this forum. PayPal’s also being about for a good 15 years so hardly a new app

It’s no different to having a bank card and I some ways more useful than a bank card


Not in my experience, I stopped using Paypal along time ago, there customer service is non existent and don`t feel like money is anywhere near as safe as it is in a bank account 1. Because of the major fraud problem and phishing scams they encounter and 2. They always freeze money with no explanation what so ever, leaving you with there 5 day response time to get an explanation. Not to mention the transaction fees they impose.

You say it is the main way to buy something online but I cant remember ever using it at any retailers at any point, at a guess 95% of transactions online will be simply using a debit card.
Re: Adopt a player Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm  

wakeytrin wrote:
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3849
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
homme vaste wrote:
Not in my experience, I stopped using Paypal along time ago, there customer service is non existent and don`t feel like money is anywhere near as safe as it is in a bank account 1. Because of the major fraud problem and phishing scams they encounter and 2. They always freeze money with no explanation what so ever, leaving you with there 5 day response time to get an explanation. Not to mention the transaction fees they impose.

You say it is the main way to buy something online but I cant remember ever using it at any retailers at any point, at a guess 95% of transactions online will be simply using a debit card.

I've never used paypal. Contacted the club direct and paid over the phone on my credit card.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Adopt a player Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7897
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
I find paypal convenient so tend to use it frequently and have never had any issues using it since its inception along side ebay.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Adopt a player Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 pm  

kyassor wrote:
kyassor Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 pm
Posts: 530
Re Paypal - I've been using it for years, since it was really just an E-bay payment option. I've never had any problems with it. It allows me to make payments to numerous websites (more & more as the years go by) without having to type in my card details each time. Never had any money frozen, never impacted by any hacking and I've simply ignored any phishing e-mails in the same way as I ignore them from other sites. Maybe I've just being lucky with it in the 18 years or so of using it so far.
I'm a happy depressive - the glass is half empty but the bar is open.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4foxsake, bellycouldtackle, charlie63wildcat, cheshirecat57, cosmicat, homme vaste, Khlav Kalash, LG83, MOPSEY LIVES ON, newcat, RealSteel89, Teltry, Travelling Wilbury, Trinity1964, Trinityknight, TURFEDOUT, Uncle Rico, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 129 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,083,5261,09378,2724,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts