WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Starting 17
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:20 am  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3045
So tough to pick a team. I don’t envy CC.

FWIW here’s who I’d go with.

Gigot
Johnstone
Tupou
Lynn
Kaye
Miller
Hampshire

Tangata
J.Wood
Orona
Ashurst
Kalepi
Westerman

Fifita
Navarette
K.Wood
Pitts

Some tough omissions but that for me is our best (on paper) starting 17.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 am  

1315trinity wrote:
1315trinity Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Durkar
Trojan Horse wrote:
So tough to pick a team. I don’t envy CC.

FWIW here’s who I’d go with.

Gigot
Johnstone
Tupou
Lynn
Kaye
Miller
Hampshire

Tangata
J.Wood
Orona
Ashurst
Kalepi
Westerman

Fifita
Navarette
K.Wood
Pitts

Some tough omissions but that for me is our best (on paper) starting 17.


I agree that Dave should start from the bench - he's an impact player. Koppy has to play, so for me Tangata drops to bench in pace of Navartte.
I hope Gigot does it for you guys putting him straight in at FB.- Did wesign him for that position? If so I'd have kept the money in my back pocket ,when we have at least three others who are very capable in that position!
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:46 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29299
Location: Poodle Power!
1315trinity wrote:
I agree that Dave should start from the bench - he's an impact player. Koppy has to play, so for me Tangata drops to bench in pace of Navartte.
I hope Gigot does it for you guys putting him straight in at FB.- Did wesign him for that position? If so I'd have kept the money in my back pocket ,when we have at least three others who are very capable in that position!


Naverette was our best prop by some way before lock down. He’s was definitely a pleasant surprise, hope he keeps it up.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:00 am  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 1883
I liked Navarette also. After a shaky start he started to prove himself. I'd like him to be here for the long term.
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 am  

Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Kirmudgeonly Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 595
musson wrote:
Assume you’re joking? Can’t say I’ve ever seen Dave give anything but 100% for us

He’s our talisman


Is he actually training ?
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:53 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7897
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Is he actually training ?


He's on the photos released last week during the group training session. It was only a "Still" so maybe he was just chatting alongside Arona??
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Starting 17 Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 2262
Gigot would be cover for one or two back positions for your side, I'd have thought?
It will be interesting to see how teams go with what would be fully fit (or near to it as possible) squad. Looking forward to some competitive games in the opening weeks.
Re: Starting 17 Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:57 am  

User avataracko wrote:
acko User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:55 pm
Posts: 2118
Location: HORBURY/Lupset lad
For me the younger lads should play if they are fit as anybody else Alex,Jordan and especially Max , I think we overlook Max far too much as he's improving all the time but we'll see what formation Chris decides on next week can't wait.
We are TRINITY's barmy army.




SWFC the owls are coming for you
Re: Starting 17 Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:49 am  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 825
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
acko wrote:
For me the younger lads should play if they are fit as anybody else Alex,Jordan and especially Max , I think we overlook Max far too much as he's improving all the time but we'll see what formation Chris decides on next week can't wait.

I think he needs to find his strongest settled squad ASAP, yes we need to try the younger players at times, but while ever we’re in the CC, we need to get the strongest team on the pitch. I think the top 5/6 teams will be chasing the grand final, let Trinity chase the CC.
Re: Starting 17 Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:33 am  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: Wakefield
Did Hampshire return to training?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: charlie, cheshirecat57, cocker, Dunkirk Spirit, eric35, FIL, LG83, Lockers700, MOPSEY LIVES ON, Travelling Wilbury, Trinity1964, Trinityknight, TURFEDOUT, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 133 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,083,5041,13978,2724,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts