FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Trinity players not taking the knee. Club statement
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20237
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 21:1325th Apr 24 22:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

dboy wrote:
I know - if only someone could, like, ya know, lock the thread!

Don't worry, we can repeat ourselves ad nauseum after the next game, when the players display their own free will again, like some free-thinking, self-aware, intelligent, cognoscente beings.

LOCK IT!

I don't really see a problem with keeping it open If people want to discuss it why not.

I set the rules out at the beginning
To be clear, these are the rules of engagement....
Allowed
Civil discussion about BLM, the Wakefield players actions at the Wigan game, and racism in rugby league

Not Allowed
Sharing racist material
Calling another user racist
Making accusations that a particular club, player, owner, manager, mascot is racist or that a clubs supporters are racist
Personal comments about other posters

and please adhere to all the other AUP guidance.

Scarlet hasn't gone against those rules, he's just ill informed.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20237
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 21:1325th Apr 24 22:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Daddycool wrote:
Not a bad post from someone who dresses up as (Edited.... a political leader) in his spare time........

And sorry DC, this may be a clever way of skirting round the "calling someone a racist" but its kinda the same. Let's not do that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years66th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

PopTart wrote:
Well apart from the fact that we've had the USA and Germany boycott the Olympics in Russia, Russia boycott the Olympics in USA, 11 Athletes killed in Munich, South Africa banned from participating for over 30 years, think African nations boycotted becuase of NZ RU team going to South Africa, etc
And there was this,
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2982
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years43rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 12:4123rd Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Yeah and it hasn't really got us anywhere has it......???
RankPostsTeam
International Star567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 201310 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Dec 23 14:2630th Apr 22 19:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Calm Waters don't make good sailors

If you help somebody as you go along then your life hasn't been in vain

What the BLM Movement fails to understand and indeed many who support their ideologies or sympathise with them is you never change mindsets through browbeating, intimidation or labelling people. Their founders are self declared Marxists. It's questionable their motives. Black Lives Matter but some are saying All Lives matter. Some and I mean some then say the illegal immigrants boats should sink when coming to the UK. Clearly all lives dont matter then! Others say All Lives matter in frustration. Again a debate could be had around this but calling someone racist isn't the right way to go.

The argument is that All lives aren't at risk as much as Black Lives. I fully understand this but the Black Lives that are at risk the most are children dying of starvation and disease in African countries. Indeed slavery still exists including many forms for black people. I havent seen these issues mentioned and you could argue it is because that doesn't help the politics of the movement. Only Black people killed by police Officers seem to get the attention. I've absolutely no doubt the Police could perform better and that their performance, misconduct and manslaughter/murder needs high quality independent analysis. However they do get uneccessarry stick from people actively trying to catch them out in anyway they can. They protect and serve us and whilst we can ask for reform we must respect how well they do in many situations.

Wakefield displayed absolute courage doing what they did knowing some fans and the media would want to catch them out. I was proud of everyone because I know we aren't a racist team or club. Of course some people with racist agendas will tag on the back of it. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. If someone puts out a tweet or such like against child Grooming, you can't stop EDL supporters retweeting it. Doesn't make it wrong.

The players were sitting ducks and Sky and others should never have allowed that to happen. Utilising the governing bodies Anti-Racism policies was the way to go. T-shirts saying no to racism and a banner with the same where all players mixed in and stood behind it would have been great!

Back to the start here but if you want to change mindsets, help people be more empathetic about situations, the best way is through exchange of information in a pleasant way. Don't call people racist (Even if you think it) and provide information that helps the cement that holds their thoughts together to crack. If you want to see poetry in motion in respect of this, I suggest typing Daryl Davis infiltrates the KKK into a search engine and watch the video!
He's changed white supremacists thinking this way. Great watch if you've not seen it

https://youtu.be/waVrJEIfahc
What the BLM Movement fails to understand and indeed many who support their ideologies or sympathise with them is you never change mindsets through browbeating, intimidation or labelling people. Their founders are self declared Marxists. It's questionable their motives. Black Lives Matter but some are saying All Lives matter. Some and I mean some then say the illegal immigrants boats should sink when coming to the UK. Clearly all lives dont matter then! Others say All Lives matter in frustration. Again a debate could be had around this but calling someone racist isn't the right way to go.

The argument is that All lives aren't at risk as much as Black Lives. I fully understand this but the Black Lives that are at risk the most are children dying of starvation and disease in African countries. Indeed slavery still exists including many forms for black people. I havent seen these issues mentioned and you could argue it is because that doesn't help the politics of the movement. Only Black people killed by police Officers seem to get the attention. I've absolutely no doubt the Police could perform better and that their performance, misconduct and manslaughter/murder needs high quality independent analysis. However they do get uneccessarry stick from people actively trying to catch them out in anyway they can. They protect and serve us and whilst we can ask for reform we must respect how well they do in many situations.

Wakefield displayed absolute courage doing what they did knowing some fans and the media would want to catch them out. I was proud of everyone because I know we aren't a racist team or club. Of course some people with racist agendas will tag on the back of it. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. If someone puts out a tweet or such like against child Grooming, you can't stop EDL supporters retweeting it. Doesn't make it wrong.

The players were sitting ducks and Sky and others should never have allowed that to happen. Utilising the governing bodies Anti-Racism policies was the way to go. T-shirts saying no to racism and a banner with the same where all players mixed in and stood behind it would have been great!

Back to the start here but if you want to change mindsets, help people be more empathetic about situations, the best way is through exchange of information in a pleasant way. Don't call people racist (Even if you think it) and provide information that helps the cement that holds their thoughts together to crack. If you want to see poetry in motion in respect of this, I suggest typing Daryl Davis infiltrates the KKK into a search engine and watch the video!
He's changed white supremacists thinking this way. Great watch if you've not seen it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2987
JoinedServiceReputation
May 31 200519 years282nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Feb 24 12:4131st Jan 24 22:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mick Amos 9 WTW wrote:

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Mick Amos 9 WTW wrote:

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
RankPostsTeam
International Star2188
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 201112 years154th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 18:3224th Apr 24 19:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword

Mick Amos 9 WTW wrote:
snippet

Don't come on here speaking sense and logic, there's no place on an Internet forum for such reasoning :wink:

Great post BTW if only those with single figure IQ's could read and understand it :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years66th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mick Amos 9 WTW wrote:
. Their founders are self declared Marxists.

Long post but you put the **** talking point in the first line, thanks for that, saves anyone reading any more.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

PopTart wrote:
Well apart from the fact that we've had the USA and Germany boycott the Olympics in Russia, Russia boycott the Olympics in USA, 11 Athletes killed in Munich, South Africa banned from participating for over 30 years, think African nations boycotted becuase of NZ RU team going to South Africa, etc

Though the Olympic Committee have said publicly that no political protest or gestures are allowed, including taking a knee in the next Olympics.......we'll see how that goes. Someone will do it.
exactly, and what a brilliant post mick has posted just about says it all until the the world stands back and takes a good hard look at them selves this issue it will never be resolved
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6292
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 200717 years203rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 22:1028th Feb 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
If we stood in support of racism why would kneeling be any different. I hope that the club’s stance does not attract the wrong type of supporters who believe for the wrong reason that our stance was against the principle of racism. The problem is however that these type of people will not have read the club statement and base their views on the press coverage for example.
I suppose Saturday will be interesting because will the coverage be for our RL performance our the fact that we stand again, at least we won’t be alone because I expect Falau will for his own reason stand.

It's "the knee" that's the whole point. A player with strong religious beliefs felt that he should only kneel before God. That is the reason for Falou staying on his feet. He got flak for it. The club decided to stand united against racism rather than expose one player to online flak for his religious beliefs. I applaud that. A statement pre-game might have helped, but we don't know how soon before kick-off the final decision was made.

But asking a player to "take a knee" for a quiet life is hardly respectful of his religious beliefs.

The team did the right thing for the right reason, and that is where it ends.
PreviousNext