WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Trinity players not taking the knee. Club statement

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Trinity players not taking the knee. Club statement


User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29300
Location: Poodle Power!
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Just as people should be free not to take a knee, people should be free to take one and I do wonder to what degree Wakefield's approach was in response to, say, a determined expression of the views of club management - I find it hard to believe that nobody in the squad would choose to do it given a fully free choice.


Yet strangely you don’t find it strange tha 17 players do take the knee. Incredible double standard and a disgusting attempt to slur individuals. Why on earth would the club be bothered either way, MC has never shown any political bias either way. Really poor of you.
SUPPORT SWAG...
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1247
Location: Desperation Island
Kirmudgeonly wrote:
I actually don’t believe in defunding the police,

Almost anyone who took any time to look at what that actually means in its American context would support it - it means removing from Police the budgets which require them to deal with mental health, opiods and reallocating that budget to people who can actually deal with them (like in the UK).
It would also stop them wasting money on the sort of ridiculousely inappropriate military equipment that American police forces love to unveil - https://twitter.com/JBaker_WTOV/status/ ... 3510242308

In a UK context defund the Police is largely meaningless.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Kirmudgeonly Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 595
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Almost anyone who took any time to look at what that actually means in its American context would support it - it means removing from Police the budgets which require them to deal with mental health, opiods and reallocating that budget to people who can actually deal with them (like in the UK).
It would also stop them wasting money on the sort of ridiculousely inappropriate military equipment that American police forces love to unveil - https://twitter.com/JBaker_WTOV/status/ ... 3510242308

In a UK context defund the Police is largely meaningless.


So why take the knee to support it ? And as regards wasting money by government I ll happily take the knee to that

Incidentally that which you quote is the most recent iteration of what defunding the police now means , if you go back to pre George floyd - and public backlash it was very specifically defund the police. If you look what’s happened in Philadelphia and Chicago that’s worked really really well

wtid71 wrote:
wtid71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 488
I felt really proud of the players and the club yesterday seeing their unity in standing together whilst also being given the freedom to kneel should they wish to. I thought the statement condemning all forms of racism and prejudice was very powerful too. I think the BLM movement is political and to see individuals shamed and bullied when they don't conform to the knee is awful. Well done Trinity.
giddyupoldfella User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: on route to old trafford via wembley
A credit to your club.

Hopefully the other clubs can follow your lead.

The rugby league and Super league knew this would be divisive, so I'd question why they went along with it. Was it purposely to cause division? Or was their hand forced by higher ups?

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29300
Location: Poodle Power!
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Almost anyone who took any time to look at what that actually means in its American context would support it - it means removing from Police the budgets which require them to deal with mental health, opiods and reallocating that budget to people who can actually deal with them (like in the UK).
It would also stop them wasting money on the sort of ridiculousely inappropriate military equipment that American police forces love to unveil - https://twitter.com/JBaker_WTOV/status/ ... 3510242308

In a UK context defund the Police is largely meaningless.


BLM and taking the knee are largely meaningless. It’s a political organisation that has elected itself to represent black people and whites with a ‘white saviour, complex. It’s clearly anti white and anti Semitic when it should be purely pro black, there is big difference there.

When I see an elected BLM leader with a genuine mandate then I might listen. In the meantime please enlighten us on who it’s leaders are, who elected them, who funds them, who monitors them and what their manifesto is?

You can’t can can you and neither could the players. How lame and morally bankrupted must a person be to support an organisation they know nothing about purely to be trendy.
SUPPORT SWAG...
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 3839
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Almost anyone who took any time to look at what that actually means in its American context would support it - it means removing from Police the budgets which require them to deal with mental health, opiods and reallocating that budget to people who can actually deal with them (like in the UK).
It would also stop them wasting money on the sort of ridiculousely inappropriate military equipment that American police forces love to unveil - https://twitter.com/JBaker_WTOV/status/ ... 3510242308

In a UK context defund the Police is largely meaningless.


OK chomp just like the UK and in the main most Police forces across the globe get the easure to deal with mental health issues that are clearly a matter for health authorities. Policing is 24/7 365 along with Fire and Ambulance sadly key support tends to be Monday to Friday. The Police in the UK waste so much time dealing with other agencies issues so don't make a sweeping statement that the correct authorities deal with there own problems they don't!

Opioids may not be illegal in some parts but in the main they will be. Yes some people get help with rehab but in my experience the numbers getting off opiates are very low. To stereo type most opiate users are not wealthy and commit crime to fund habits this then drives serious and organised crime.

America has a gun problem including automatic weapons drug gangs have serious weaponry along with the threat of terrorism. The police need to have the best equipment to respond.

There is nothing wrong with APCs.

If ever you have the terrible experience of such events I am sure you would be glad to see the good guys take on the bad I can't imagine society run otherwise can you?
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13170
Location: wakefield
vastman wrote:
BLM and taking the knee are largely meaningless. It’s a political organisation that has elected itself to represent black people and whites with a ‘white saviour, complex. It’s clearly anti white and anti Semitic when it should be purely pro black, there is big difference there.

When I see an elected BLM leader with a genuine mandate then I might listen. In the meantime please enlighten us on who it’s leaders are, who elected them, who funds them, who monitors them and what their manifesto is?

You can’t can can you and neither could the players. How lame and morally bankrupted must a person be to support an organisation they know nothing about purely to be trendy.


This where we differ on this Vasty.
The Black Lives Matter may be an organisation and that group may have some people I don't like at all...... But BLM is first and foremost a campaign to stop unnecessary violence against black people. Started with just a hashtag.
It's been hijacked just the same as Union Flag and St George's Cross by the far right.
I am proud to wear them but I'm sometimes uncomfortable when I see people use them for different reasons..... Just like BLM.

I am very much behind the initiative by Sky but I have to say its being pushed so hard it will lose some of the point. The interviews before the game are excellent. The big flags everywhere and the badge near the score are a bit unnecessary imho.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Kirmudgeonly wrote:
Kirmudgeonly Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 595
PopTart wrote:
This where we differ on this Vasty.
The Black Lives Matter may be an organisation and that group may have some people I don't like at all...... But BLM is first and foremost a campaign to stop unnecessary violence against black people. Started with just a hashtag.
It's been hijacked just the same as Union Flag and St George's Cross by the far right.
I am proud to wear them but I'm sometimes uncomfortable when I see people use them for different reasons..... Just like BLM.

I am very much behind the initiative by Sky but I have to say its being pushed so hard it will lose some of the point. The interviews before the game are excellent. The big flags everywhere and the badge near the score are a bit unnecessary imho.


So taking your argument then it makes sense at the next game for us all to wear Union Jack shirts with shaved heads etc etc but that wouldn’t be far right or racist It’s just about pride in our British roots ? Hmmm

As regards the 2013 tweet that was about violence against black Americans by. American police and had been politically hi jacked by the anarchists a long time before it ever appeared in Western Europe .

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29300
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
This where we differ on this Vasty.
The Black Lives Matter may be an organisation and that group may have some people I don't like at all...... But BLM is first and foremost a campaign to stop unnecessary violence against black people. Started with just a hashtag.
It's been hijacked just the same as Union Flag and St George's Cross by the far right.
I am proud to wear them but I'm sometimes uncomfortable when I see people use them for different reasons..... Just like BLM.

I am very much behind the initiative by Sky but I have to say its being pushed so hard it will lose some of the point. The interviews before the game are excellent. The big flags everywhere and the badge near the score are a bit unnecessary imho.


I think you’re being incredibly generous. How can you be sure? I be searched and the information is scant. BLM is at best an umbrella term under which a number of groups operate. For example there appears to be no substantive link between the original US group from a few years back and those operating in the U.K.

I can’t find an official committee just loose affiliations and alleged spokes persons. I can’t find any evidence of any elected bodies and thus I can’t find a mandate. By every definition of a democratic representative organisation they fail. The EDL is more transparent and democratic than BLM.

It is not a charity and it’s not registered with the electoral commission. It represents nobody as far as I can see, the U.K. version is nothing more than mouthpiece for a collection of dodgy radicals.

I’ve never seen our biased media ever ask what I would call an average black persons if BLM represents them, why not? Because they don’t most black people would prefer to achieve there political agendas through the existing political structure, yet again though that doesn’t fit the left wing narrative.

Would you be happy if Tommy Robinson claimed he represented you? By the logic of BLM he would be well within his rights to do so. You simply can’t argue that to the EDL white lives definitely matter.

Both groups represent the very worse of ghetto politics, why credit one with more validity than the other. Both are racist, both flirt with violence, both have no mandate and both skirt just above being illegal.
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1873, 60sCat, BarnsleyGull, Billy Butcher, bramleyrhino, Bull Mania, charlie, Chris71, cocker, coco the fullback, djcool, Emley Cat, financialtimes, Fordy, huddiepuddies, KevW60349, lampyboy, LG83, little wayne69, Lupsetbull, MOPSEY LIVES ON, Towns88, Travelling Wilbury, Trinity 61, vastman, wakefieldwall, Willzay, winnintrin, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo, wrencat1873 and 134 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,06097878,2774,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts