WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Trinity players not taking the knee. Club statement

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Trinity players not taking the knee. Club statement

Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Is it the act of taking the knee that offends you or the reason. If it was for white or blue lives matters would you be similarly offended.
giddyupoldfella User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Is it the act of taking the knee that offends you or the reason. If it was for white or blue lives matters would you be similarly offended.
But that wouldn't happen, because if there was a White lives matter movement. it would be shut down immediately and branded as racist, by almost everybody.

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I applauded when I saw them stood linking arms, well done to the group :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

vastman wrote:
I think you’re being incredibly generous. How can you be sure? I be searched and the information is scant. BLM is at best an umbrella term under which a number of groups operate. For example there appears to be no substantive link between the original US group from a few years back and those operating in the U.K.

I can’t find an official committee just loose affiliations and alleged spokes persons. I can’t find any evidence of any elected bodies and thus I can’t find a mandate. By every definition of a democratic representative organisation they fail. The EDL is more transparent and democratic than BLM.

It is not a charity and it’s not registered with the electoral commission. It represents nobody as far as I can see, the U.K. version is nothing more than mouthpiece for a collection of dodgy radicals.

I’ve never seen our biased media ever ask what I would call an average black persons if BLM represents them, why not? Because they don’t most black people would prefer to achieve there political agendas through the existing political structure, yet again though that doesn’t fit the left wing narrative.

Would you be happy if Tommy Robinson claimed he represented you? By the logic of BLM he would be well within his rights to do so. You simply can’t argue that to the EDL white lives definitely matter.

Both groups represent the very worse of ghetto politics, why credit one with more validity than the other. Both are racist, both flirt with violence, both have no mandate and both skirt just above being illegal.

I agree.

I think black lives Matter but don't agree with many of the methods of the group with the same name.
I agree we should make Britain the best it can be but I don't agree how Tommy Robinson wants to do it.
Neither are representative. They are extreme minorities who have used a popular opinion to market their own.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I don't think there should be a club directive on this issue one way or the other. Each individual player should carry out the action that he believes to be the correct one. Personally, I think that initially there was a bit of a "Kings New Clothes" syndrome regarding "the Kneel" and football, rugby players and even police officers thought it was something that had to be done to be seen to conform. I'm not particularly a fan of it myself.

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

giddyupoldfella wrote:
But that wouldn't happen, because if there was a White lives matter movement. it would be shut down immediately and branded as racist, by almost everybody.

Because what other motivation would there be for a white lives matter movement other than racial.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Willzay wrote:
Because what other motivation would there be for a white lives matter movement other than racial.

Brilliant, so racism is a one way issue, people like you are unreal.

Racism is racism regardless of colour, elements of the BLM movement are totally racist.

Currently in South Africa white farmers are being murdered in cold blood with the tacos support of a racist black government by blacks stealing their land. Land they have run for generations, land that the indigenous population wasn’t interested in. These whites have lived there since the 1700’s, they have as much right to be there as anyone.

So if these whites started a white life’s matter group they wold be racist would they?

For once in your life just think before you trot out your glib soundbite rubbish. You’re so indoctrinated it’s frightening.

Hell your post has actually made me truly furious it’s blatant ignorance is so sickening.
SUPPORT SWAG...
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

vastman wrote:
I think you’re being incredibly generous. How can you be sure? I be searched and the information is scant. BLM is at best an umbrella term under which a number of groups operate. For example there appears to be no substantive link between the original US group from a few years back and those operating in the U.K.

I can’t find an official committee just loose affiliations and alleged spokes persons. I can’t find any evidence of any elected bodies and thus I can’t find a mandate. By every definition of a democratic representative organisation they fail.

For some reason you're trying to find an organisational structure in a public outpouring of emotion and activism. I'm not fussed too much either way about kneeling or not, as long as there is freedom of choice, but the repeated smearing of those seeking a better world as marxists or anarchists is right wing propaganda designed to undermine the central point the vast majority of people are expressing.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

User avatarTrinityIHC wrote:
TrinityIHC User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Johnstone said it was because one player felt he couldn't take a knee, so rather than leaving him with his backside out, they decided to make their own show of solidarity by linking arms.

It seems the significance of a team of men of all different backgrounds and creeds stood arm in arm is lost on those screeching that they should have knelt
There's Only One F in Wakefield

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

[quote="TrinityIHC"]Johnstone said it was because one player felt he couldn't take a knee, so rather than leaving him with his backside out, they decided to make their own show of solidarity by linking arms.

It seems the significance of a team of men of all different backgrounds and creeds stood arm in arm is lost on those screeching that they should have knelt[ /quote]

How true.
PreviousNext