WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who noticed?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Who noticed?

Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:30 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Much to my surprise it barely registered that there wasn’t a crowd in the stadium. Once or twice I forced myself to think about it but when there was action on the pitch my viewing wasn’t affected in the least.

The piped crown noise really worked imho so for me I really didn’t think the game lost anything. This is a hard admission for one who loves love sport.

Makes you wonder what the future holds. If fan free sport was forced to continue it would only get better. The use of GGI could easily create virtual stadium backdrops with realistic crowds.

This could really happen it’s not a fantasy. We’d certainly benefit, we have a good pitch already and with no need to develop BV it’s a win for us.

In all honesty I hope and think it won’t happen but you have to admit that in the last few month it’s nowhere near as implausible as it once seemed.

Strange times.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:53 am  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Must be very odd for the players
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:04 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

charlie wrote:
Must be very odd for the players

True but it didn’t seem to affect them. Sure we didn’t play well but we sometimes don’t play well in front of a packed house. I don’t think it made any difference once the game started. Not what I expected but hey.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:11 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
Much to my surprise it barely registered that there wasn’t a crowd in the stadium. Once or twice I forced myself to think about it but when there was action on the pitch my viewing wasn’t affected in the least.

The piped crown noise really worked imho so for me I really didn’t think the game lost anything. This is a hard admission for one who loves love sport.

Makes you wonder what the future holds. If fan free sport was forced to continue it would only get better. The use of GGI could easily create virtual stadium backdrops with realistic crowds.

This could really happen it’s not a fantasy. We’d certainly benefit, we have a good pitch already and with no need to develop BV it’s a win for us.

In all honesty I hope and think it won’t happen but you have to admit that in the last few month it’s nowhere near as implausible as it once seemed.

Strange times.

Of all of the sports played behind closed doors, I think that Sky should be applauded for their RL coverage.
It's clearly not as absorbing as playing in front of 1000's of real fans but, the "soundtrack" that has accompanied the various games of RL has masked the absence of spectators quite well..
This is all well and good for the armchair fans but, it's a long, long way from making up for being there.
The social is just as important as the game for me and I just hope that fans will be able to return in some form.
Not to mention how critical it is for all clubs to have the added revenue that we bring.

Having said that, if it's what we have now or nothing, Id take what we have :D
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:47 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I liked the coverage. The crowd noise is a really good use of AI.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:24 am  

User avatarLyndsayGill wrote:
LyndsayGill User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I noticed the commentator call Bill Tupou Reece Lyne on more than one occasion.
The mind is like a parachute. If it's not open it won't work. - Frank Zappa
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:29 am  

User avatarFordy wrote:
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I didn't notice my cardboard cut out in the "crowd" but I'll assume I was there.

Just happy to be watching us play again, even if it was a little frustrating to get pipped by a point.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.

Learn from the past, but don't live in it!
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:49 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

LyndsayGill wrote:

Indeed. I think the commentary team needs an overhaul. Whoever did the Salford/Hull game was not good I’m afraid.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:01 pm  

FSW wrote:
FSW Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

PopTart wrote:
I liked the coverage. The crowd noise is a really good use of AI.

It also has the advantage of not containing some of the cringworthy chanting that emanates from our North Stand and all other grounds.
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:07 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

LyndsayGill wrote:

I noticed when Kyle Wood scored, he was walking back with a camera shot showing the name Josh Wood, somethings never change with Sky.
Next