WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who noticed?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Who noticed?

Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

What I didn’t notice, was the ball on or over the Trinity try line, when Wigan were awarded their last try. Any one else on here think the referee got this wrong. Just watched it again on Trinity Tv, convinced the ref was wrong.
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 pm  

wakeytrin wrote:
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
What I didn’t notice, was the ball on or over the Trinity try line, when Wigan were awarded their last try. Any one else on here think the relferee got this wrong. Just watched it again on Trinity Tv, convinced the ref was wrong.

He got it wrong
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:29 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
What I didn’t notice, was the ball on or over the Trinity try line, when Wigan were awarded their last try. Any one else on here think the referee got this wrong. Just watched it again on Trinity Tv, convinced the ref was wrong.

I’m afraid it’s just bad luck k. Thaler is the only ref who possibly favours us but once he’d made the call then it was bound to go that way.

It’s a flaw, I mean logically he should always signal a no try if it’s going to the VR. If he is actually sure enough to signal a try it is a try. It should alway be a no try and then if the VR can’t decide then the ref should go with his original but silent first impression. As it was it was almost impossible for him to backtrack as it was a 50/50 he’d already given,
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Who noticed? Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm  

Alchemist1 wrote:
Alchemist1 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I would have crowd noise louder if only to drown out terry-lets state the obvious-o'connor and all his other ex wigan players commentating
Re: Who noticed? Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:46 am  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Alchemist1 wrote:
I would have crowd noise louder if only to drown out terry-lets state the obvious-o'connor and all his other ex wigan players commentating

Nice thought, unfortunately the only way to stop that is to turn the sound down, was never too keen on Bill Arthurs but that Proes and the one what commentates on darts makes him look an half decent commentator.
Re: Who noticed? Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:01 am  
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I'm not a fan, actually. Watching the NRL when there were no crowds, what I enjoyed was the thuds and the whacks and the hits. The fake crowd noise was more muted and only ever there when there was an attack on a line or something. I find the UK version distracting and annoying. Not as good as real crowd noise and not as good as hearing the hits.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: Who noticed? Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:16 pm  
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thought the refs went well without the constant demand for penalties from a home crowd
Re: Who noticed? Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:13 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Slugger McBatt wrote:
I'm not a fan, actually. Watching the NRL when there were no crowds, what I enjoyed was the thuds and the whacks and the hits. The fake crowd noise was more muted and only ever there when there was an attack on a line or something. I find the UK version distracting and annoying. Not as good as real crowd noise and not as good as hearing the hits.

But the NRL games have all had a sound track or the ones I’ve seen have, turn your hearing aid up!
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Who noticed? Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:28 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I saw more reaction and activity from "the crowd" at Headingley than the average match day at the John Smiths Stadium. :)
Re: Who noticed? Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:27 pm  
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
But the NRL games have all had a sound track or the ones I’ve seen have, turn your hearing aid up!

:D

I know that. I meant I just thought it was better done for the NRL and you still had the sound of the hits. We have it done less well but without the hits.

Not slating the coverage because I thought the same about the football. I think it's a Sky thing, not a super league thing.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
PreviousNext