WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - next up Catalan Dragons - Saturday 15th August

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity next up Catalan Dragons - Saturday 15th August

User avatarFordy wrote:
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wrencat1873 wrote:
Did he pick up an injury or has he been "demoted" again.
The poor lad busts a gut, time and time again and yet, seems to be the first one on the "cull" list, every time.

Hasn't Chester stated that they'll both get their chances to show what they can do??

Maybe this weekend gives Rocky a chance to show - with the better option then getting the gig for the more important Cup game the following week????
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fordy wrote:
Hasn't Chester stated that they'll both get their chances to show what they can do??

Maybe this weekend gives Rocky a chance to show - with the better option then getting the gig for the more important Cup game the following week????

Also, with the number of fixtures, why not rotate them?

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Strange one, I would have thought you'd still have him in the 21 man squad as a backup if he wasn't going to make the starting 17.

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Squad is:

Tupou
Lyne
Miller
Fifita
Wood K
Arona
Ashurst
Kirmond
Westerman
Pitts
Kopczak
Tangata
Crowther
Wood J
Croft
Kershaw
Hampshire
Tanginoa
Navarette
Kay
Gigot
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

BarnsleyGull wrote:
Also, with the number of fixtures, why not rotate them?

Although I agree that we will have to rotate all of the squad in order to get through the number of fixtures, chopping and changing a new HB combination isn't going to help anyone.
Of all of the positions, the two halves need to be playing together as often as possible.

BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:
Although I agree that we will have to rotate all of the squad in order to get through the number of fixtures, chopping and changing a new HB combination isn't going to help anyone.
Of all of the positions, the two halves need to be playing together as often as possible.

Er, maybe to see who's "best suited?"
How else could you do it???

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

BarnsleyGull wrote:
Er, maybe to see who's "best suited?"
How else could you do it???

I dont think you can find your best HB combination by changing each week, that's for sure and as I said, it always seems to be Jowitt that is first for the chop and tbf, I thought he went ok last week.
Having said that, I like Hampshire and he has some different tricks up his sleeve but, ultimately, we need a settled pair of HS's, who understand one another's game and get the best options for the side.

Emley Cat wrote:
Emley Cat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wrencat1873 wrote:
I dont think you can find your best HB combination by changing each week, that's for sure and as I said, it always seems to be Jowitt that is first for the chop and tbf, I thought he went ok last week.
Having said that, I like Hampshire and he has some different tricks up his sleeve but, ultimately, we need a settled pair of HS's, who understand one another's game and get the best options for the side.

Didn't Max get a head knock though?? I thought he went well too and assumed he'd be in the squad, maybe it's something to do with that?
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

In view of the sudden announcement are Catalan based in the U.K. or do they fly in. If it is the latter we could have more problems because they will not be able to go home.

BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
In view of the sudden announcement are Catalan based in the U.K. or do they fly in. If it is the latter we could have more problems because they will not be able to go home.

They are based in France and fly in.
They are exempt from the quarantine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53723299
PreviousNext