FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - There comes a time.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 200717 years139th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 06:4310th Apr 24 17:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:07 pm  
Big lads mate wrote:
I’m not putting names Mopsey but you must agree that some out there are going through the motions over the recent games and could and should be doing better, wether that’s fitness, not playing for the coach or disgruntled with something else I don’t know.
Collectively the team is a shambles in every position on the field, they are unorganised and have shown no improvement in months, which players if any have kicked on to better things. It simply can’t go on our game plan from minute one is abysmal in fact some of our players look like they don’t know how to play. IMO this coach as taken this team as far as he can he’s getting nothing out of them and publicly humiliating them with idiot comments like there moving out of the way. If you noticed the first try yesterday we had the numbers and it was just woeful defence, Quite simply we Can’t defend and that is either poor technique or fitness. This coach is making GOOD players look bad
RankPostsTeam
International Star2188
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 201112 years148th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 20:1224th Apr 24 19:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:22 pm  
That first try is a prime example of what chezzy was eluding to in his post match interview :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
International Star4999
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201410 years97th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 16:3514th Apr 24 10:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:32 pm  
I’ve posted on numerous occasions about our defence.
Too many of the players don’t know how to work to a defensive system (if there is one), they’re not fit, strong or committed enough to win collisions consistently and they’re not fit enough to work as hard as you need to meaning some are stood still when they should be pushing out from the play the ball.

Our edge defenders are left with overlaps developing against them and they don’t know how to deal with it. They can’t discern when they need to jam in as a pair to kill an overlap or when to slide and let their inside defenders work across and help and perhaps most crucially they have no concept of folding a little and giving ground to their opposition so as to let the overlap develop and force the ball carrier to make a decision.

IMO team performances are built on defence, get it right and you win or deny momentum to your favour and the game is more now than ever decided by who owns the momentum during the match.

Attitude and commitment is key, as is communication but all are undermined by lack of understanding of the system or the absence of a system.

We’ve been a prime example of how not to defend apart from the one season when Kear had the defensive coaching duties
Last edited by The Avenger on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 200717 years139th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 06:4310th Apr 24 17:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 pm  
financialtimes wrote:
That first try is a prime example of what chezzy was eluding to in his post match interview :thumb:

Chezzy is absolutely clueless, so players just take it on themselves to move out of the way, totally clueless for years how to defend our line, poor reads by the players is not moving out of the way, he should be ashamed of himself with that idiotic comment, basically saying they are bottlers
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain241No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 20195 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 23 21:3918th Jul 23 18:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:46 pm  
To be fair to chester though our defence on both edges has been porous for about the last ten years and it doesnt matter who weve put there hasnt made a blind bit of difference as a wakey fan could you honestly say if we were 20 up at home with 20 minures to go you were confident we still wouldnt throw game away i couldnt
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:15 pm  
Alchemist1 wrote:
To be fair to chester though our defence on both edges has been porous for about the last ten years and it doesnt matter who weve put there hasnt made a blind bit of difference as a wakey fan could you honestly say if we were 20 up at home with 20 minures to go you were confident we still wouldnt throw game away i couldnt

To be fair to Chester that's why he was brought to the club to stop the rot, your last sentence sums it all up about you the man and his tactics, no confidence.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2982
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years43rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 12:4123rd Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:09 pm  
little wayne69 wrote:
Well tell him then, what's obvious to you is not necessarily obvious to others.

OK then its obvious to me - and apparently others.....
....But I will not bad mouth players on here - unlike some posters.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2638
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 22 20186 years166th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 16:5725th Apr 24 12:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 pm  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
OK then its obvious to me - and apparently others.....
....But I will not bad mouth players on here - unlike some posters.

Agreed, I think it is completely unfair to single out players when as Mopsey quite rightly points out they are collectively dreadful as a team at this moment in time.

Chester seemed happy to throw players under the bus, something that seems to have been creeping in in recent weeks, I think this is a reflection technique as he is completely out of his depth. It was only last week that he was "Proud of the lads for having a go" when they lost against half a Hull team... All of the things he addresses as not good enough ultimately all lie with him as the coach, whether you like it or not that is a fact - He has the responsibility for that.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Oct 20 11:2121st Oct 20 10:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:08 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
If it’s down to money, then I think the majority of Trinity players would be in for a shock if they think there are clubs out there waiting to sign them up and pay bigger a bigger wage. Some club CEOs have been saying for months now, that come the off season, there could be up to 60 SL players without a club. If I was a player, I know I’d be putting in the effort to retain my team place. Our own club CEO is on record saying a few months ago during the wage reduction talks, , he won’t forget those who made things more difficult at that time. If the worst does come to the Trinity club, it certainly wouldn’t be MCs fault.

That works both ways though. You can argue that the players should show him some respect, but how much respect has he shown the players?

Nobody could blame Carter for trying to safeguard the finances of his club but they can, in my view fairly, critique how he has gone about it.

If I remember rightly, Wakefield were one of the last clubs to agree a post-COVID pay deal, doing so against the backdrop of an unnamed player suggesting industrial action and Carter glibly dismissing the concerns of another who felt compelled to take a second job during lockdown? I also remember Carter making some questionable social media posts on the day of the player's union social media campaign and about people on furlough (despite most of his staff at the time being on the scheme) and, as you mention, the sinister "we will remember" remark. I honestly wouldn't blame anyone for not having the motivation to work for someone like that.

Yes, I get that professionalism and certain expectations to "get on with it" comes into it but if at the same time, you're not prepared to show respect to your employees, you have to accept that comes with consequences.

If there has been a breakdown in trust and the relationship between the players and the club management, Carter absolutely has to take responsibility for that.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain376No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Dec 20 21:4417th Dec 20 21:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: There comes a time. : Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:17 pm  
Big lads mate wrote:
I’m not putting names Mopsey but you must agree that some out there are going through the motions over the recent games and could and should be doing better, wether that’s fitness, not playing for the coach or disgruntled with something else I don’t know.

Must be annoying seeing your lad work his balls off(seen his stats) while others are in a word lazy i get it at junior level so can only imagine its worse at the highest
PreviousNext