FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Time for reality ?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2980
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years44th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 07:4115th Apr 24 15:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: Time for reality ? : Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 pm  
Trinity1964 wrote:
It's obvious that the coach is as popular as a fart in a space suit amongst the majority of the fans and judging by the results that applies to the players. Is he allowed to carry on ruining our club because of his friendship with the committe or is he too expensive to terminate his contract. How long has he left on his current contract with the club before we can get shut of him for free. Having spent a small fortune on merchandise during lockdown does any other fans feel the same as me, too embarrassed to wear it.

If you feel that strongly, I suggest you give it away.
Will never stop - like others - wearing mine.
RankPostsTeam
International Star325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 201212 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Sep 21 22:221st Sep 21 10:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:57 am  
I actually like our merchandise! One of the few things that’s going right for the club at the moment is that they’ve get some decent gear. If only the coach was as good!
RankPostsTeam
International Star5528
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201113 years206th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 17:356th Apr 24 18:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:43 am  
Trinity1964 wrote:
It's obvious that the coach is as popular as a fart in a space suit amongst the majority of the fans and judging by the results that applies to the players. Is he allowed to carry on ruining our club because of his friendship with the committe or is he too expensive to terminate his contract. How long has he left on his current contract with the club before we can get shut of him for free. Having spent a small fortune on merchandise during lockdown does any other fans feel the same as me, too embarrassed to wear it.

Wear mine too and from the gym and when I’m in there, which is most days, wondered why every body was laughing :(
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:38 am  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Pleased to know there are plenty of other Trinity fans who put their club first. I think the majority of us support them through thick and thin, even when it hurts. :BOW:

As a Trinity fan, you know what you're getting.
A mid to lower end table club that generally battles through, regardless of the adversity and obstacles thrown in our path.
You're right about it hurting but, pain is something that you sign up for when picking Trinity as your club.
Despite the moans and groans on here, which is pretty much all because the fans want the club to be better, the Trinity fans have backed the club all season, with the vast majority sacrificing the cost of season tickets and signing up for the lottery and squad builder, Trinity TV etc.

The op asks about "time for reality", which at the moment is all about the club, along with plenty of others, trying to survive, so that we still have a club to support when things improve out in the big wide world.

Given the choice of a struggling club or no club, Ill stick with the struggling one all day long and am happy to renew S/T and buy the merchandise etc, etc.

Things will get better and we all want to be around when they are.

Up the Trin !
RankPostsTeam
International Star2544
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 19 201212 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:3116th Apr 24 11:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 am  
Said before I will be buying S T, but do think unless they are big changes not just with the players ,it will be our last season in S L
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Sep 23 21:0322nd May 23 14:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:51 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
As a Trinity fan, you know what you're getting.
A mid to lower end table club that generally battles through, regardless of the adversity and obstacles thrown in our path.
You're right about it hurting but, pain is something that you sign up for when picking Trinity as your club.
Despite the moans and groans on here, which is pretty much all because the fans want the club to be better, the Trinity fans have backed the club all season, with the vast majority sacrificing the cost of season tickets and signing up for the lottery and squad builder, Trinity TV etc.

The op asks about "time for reality", which at the moment is all about the club, along with plenty of others, trying to survive, so that we still have a club to support when things improve out in the big wide world.

Given the choice of a struggling club or no club, Ill stick with the struggling one all day long and am happy to renew S/T and buy the merchandise etc, etc.

Things will get better and we all want to be around when they are.

Up the Trin !

I do get what you're saying, you do need skin thicker than a rhino at times!! I guess there was an inevitability that after two great seasons we would revert to type and back to a struggle......but, why does it have to be that way? I was watching a thing this morning about Exeter Chiefs and their rise to fame since being promoted a decade ago. Later today they could be crowned the best team in Europe, they are a dominant force and have broken the stranglehold of the more 'traditional' big hitters in Union, Leicester, Bath, and Saracens, who obviously cheated their way to the top. I'm not that keen on Union, but I do watch some games, and I found their story interesting.

Look at Leicester in football, since winning the Premier league, they have hardly fallen down a great big hole have they?? They look at least like they are a regular top 4 contender, and could easily win a trophy in the next few years. I think Chairmen of all sporting clubs should tap into other sports, and try to apply some of what made them successful and flourish. Obviously money plays a big part, we all know that, but Salford are an example in our sport. They tried to buy success under Koukash and got nowhere, they are in a better place now than when he was there, although I obviously don't know all the ins and outs of their financial situation, on the field they have done remarkably well and I bet their fans are happy he has gone. It's all about making the right decisions at the right time as re. recruitment, and having foresight and taking chances, maybe thinking outside the box, and a bit of luck.

With the examples I have given, it can be done, you just get a feeling with us, we are like a cat who's had it's nine lives, but who knows, we always seem to get out of any mess we find ourselves in...... :?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 am  
Wildmoggy wrote:
I do get what you're saying, you do need skin thicker than a rhino at times!! I guess there was an inevitability that after two great seasons we would revert to type and back to a struggle......but, why does it have to be that way? I was watching a thing this morning about Exeter Chiefs and their rise to fame since being promoted a decade ago. Later today they could be crowned the best team in Europe, they are a dominant force and have broken the stranglehold of the more 'traditional' big hitters in Union, Leicester, Bath, and Saracens, who obviously cheated their way to the top. I'm not that keen on Union, but I do watch some games, and I found their story interesting.

Look at Leicester in football, since winning the Premier league, they have hardly fallen down a great big hole have they?? They look at least like they are a regular top 4 contender, and could easily win a trophy in the next few years. I think Chairmen of all sporting clubs should tap into other sports, and try to apply some of what made them successful and flourish. Obviously money plays a big part, we all know that, but Salford are an example in our sport. They tried to buy success under Koukash and got nowhere, they are in a better place now than when he was there, although I obviously don't know all the ins and outs of their financial situation, on the field they have done remarkably well and I bet their fans are happy he has gone. It's all about making the right decisions at the right time as re. recruitment, and having foresight and taking chances, maybe thinking outside the box, and a bit of luck.

With the examples I have given, it can be done, you just get a feeling with us, we are like a cat who's had it's nine lives, but who knows, we always seem to get out of any mess we find ourselves in...... :?

Exeter Chiefs and Leicester to a lesser extent, have one thing in their favour, money and plenty of it.
The point that I was trying to make is that, I'd rather have a badly performing side but for the club to survive, than no club at all.
I dread to think of how the finances are this season and more importantly, how on earth the club generate enough income to get through to next season.
Will we have to off load our few star players, just to get through, can we even get through next season.

Getting paying spectators through the turnstiles seems further away now than it did in March / April and financially, next season could be tougher than this.
Much as we would all like to see some "big" signings, getting through is all that matters at the moment and for all Chester's faults, he will have had THE most difficult time of his RL life in just trying to field a decent side every week
The fans are sure to be "tested" further before things start to improve but, count me in.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Sep 23 21:0322nd May 23 14:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:33 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Exeter Chiefs and Leicester to a lesser extent, have one thing in their favour, money and plenty of it.
The point that I was trying to make is that, I'd rather have a badly performing side but for the club to survive, than no club at all.
I dread to think of how the finances are this season and more importantly, how on earth the club generate enough income to get through to next season.
Will we have to off load our few star players, just to get through, can we even get through next season.

Getting paying spectators through the turnstiles seems further away now than it did in March / April and financially, next season could be tougher than this.
Much as we would all like to see some "big" signings, getting through is all that matters at the moment and for all Chester's faults, he will have had THE most difficult time of his RL life in just trying to field a decent side every week
The fans are sure to be "tested" further before things start to improve but, count me in.

Yeah but your post starts off with, as a trin fan we know what we are getting? Our having the odd decent season in every 8 or 9 is what i'm saying, why does it always have to be that way? Why haven't we kicked on since 2017 & 2018?! Probably down to poor decision making by whoever has been in charge! Warrington have thrown bucket loads of money at getting a team to win the league, they signed Andrew Johns way back in 2005, since then they still haven't won the league, either finishing top or winning a G/F. Sure they have been to Wembley, but they haven't been champions since the 50's!! Being successful in sport is not all about money, it's both a blessing and a curse, as in life too!!
RankPostsTeam
International Star5528
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201113 years206th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 17:356th Apr 24 18:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:55 am  
Wildmoggy wrote:
Yeah but your post starts off with, as a trin fan we know what we are getting? Our having the odd decent season in every 8 or 9 is what i'm saying, why does it always have to be that way? Why haven't we kicked on since 2017 & 2018?! Probably down to poor decision making by whoever has been in charge! Warrington have thrown bucket loads of money at getting a team to win the league, they signed Andrew Johns way back in 2005, since then they still haven't won the league, either finishing top or winning a G/F. Sure they have been to Wembley, but they haven't been champions since the 50's!! Being successful in sport is not all about money, it's both a blessing and a curse, as in life too!!

Very sensible and realistic post Wildmoggy.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20225
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:5216th Apr 24 10:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Time for reality ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:10 am  
Wildmoggy wrote:

But before the money they had no success at all.
So I think your post still shows that money made the difference. It took them to Wembley and meant they could keep competing at the top. And also meant they could develop the supporter base.
When they make bad decisions they just forget and replace. When we make them it sets us back a year or more before we recover..... Hence the good seasons mixed with struggles.
PreviousNext