WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Pauli Pauli
Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 pm  
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thoughts on why we didn't get the best out of Pauli Pauli? Damned if I know. He doesn't appear to be a weak link in this Salford side
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:41 pm  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Have you watched him shirt grabbing , absolutely shocking in defence n taking ball up but your right he’s used right near try line . Wouldn’t want him back
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:53 pm  
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Kettykat wrote:
Have you watched him shirt grabbing , absolutely shocking in defence n taking ball up but your right he’s used right near try line . Wouldn’t want him back

Well, I didn't see him missing many tackles tonight and he was On for most of the 80. They play him out wide and he looks very dangerous the way he's playing. Could still do to shed a stone of fat or two but he's an asset when played right for me
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Fell off a tackle early on for the Saints first try. I liked the guy but it just wasn't working out for whatever reason. Watson has a plan for him. Chester didn't.
1/10
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:08 pm  

User avatarMable_Syrup wrote:
Mable_Syrup User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Paulie or Tanginoa. Chester made the right call on that.
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:08 pm  

Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

A lad his age and size should be nowhere near super league, he should be ripping it up in the NRL .
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:09 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Salford struggled to beat a Saint Helens team full of youngsters. Two massive errors by the Saint's young wingers cost them the game. Peed off with Saints in a similar way as when they gifted London 4 points last year.
Cheered up a bit watching Olly Holmes get that red card in the next game though.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:20 pm  

Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Have to give it to Cas they went toe to toe with one of the form teams with 12 men for a big part of the game ,a fair rub of the green and they could have come away with a win .
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:40 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

charlie63wildcat wrote:
Thoughts on why we didn't get the best out of Pauli Pauli? Damned if I know. He doesn't appear to be a weak link in this Salford side

Your normally a sensible poster, what’s gone wrong?

Of course a player his size will have his moments. I don’t even think he’s always lazy, well not all the time, he’s just not a very good player.

Also he did play well for us for a while probably better than he has for Salford but he soon lost interest.

Tanganoa who I admit hadn’t really impressed me until recently was still imho a better player than PP ever was, now there is no comparison, top call by Chester.

I don’t get people fascination with PP. Of the many players Wakefield have tragically let go PP is way way down the list of those that actually upset me.

He was occasionally fun to watch but an absolute liability on occasions.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Pauli Pauli Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Khlav Kalash wrote:
Fell off a tackle early on for the Saints first try. I liked the guy but it just wasn't working out for whatever reason. Watson has a plan for him. Chester didn't.

I’m sure Chester did have a plan for him, one that involved bending his back and tackling for a start.

Watson has worked miracles at Salford but I don’t see any miracle with PP, identical player.

As someone stated if he were any good he’d be in the NRL. Players the size of Tanginoa are common place in Oz but even the NRL struggles to find monsters like Pauli. He was a flop.

I think Salford signed him because they lack size and 10 mins a half from a big lad helps them just enough to make it worth while.

Fifita is similar in many respects except he can play a bit and he can certainly tackle.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Next