Sep 11 20204 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:154th Nov 23 23:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints v Catalans : Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:54 pm  
try scorer wrote:
You obviously never played rugby league of you did I wish I'd a played against you

Don't think I'd have lost any sleep worrying.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35915
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:0426th Mar 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:11 am  
cheshirecat57 wrote:
Come o lads this is french rugby league! :CRAZY:
How many tossers on here want More french clubs in our leagues

Toulouse anyone :lol: long gone the great british game

Personally don’t care either way regarding French teams but I’m not sure why you think people who want them are t*ssers.

Funny if I’d have said that my post would have been deleted.

In an attempt to debate seriously, usually a waste, my issue with Catalan and thus with Toulouse is as follows and it has nothing to do with tactics perceived or otherwise.

Is it 15 years on from there entry into SL? In that time has the French national team improved one jot? No, Catalan produce to few French players and those that they do rarely seem available for duty.

In most respects Catalan has been a success but not in its premier roll. It has totally failed to reinvigorate the French game bar some occasional publicity.

Good though the rest of it is the failure to fulfil its key role in any real way makes me dubious about a second team.

If Catalan can produce such little home grown talent then what chance Toulouse? Even if they managed the same as Catalan that would provide no more than 2-3 real internationals at best.

Without the above their inclusion into SL is purely cosmetic, just another team, ourselves included to a degree, that gives refuge to past it or second rate Aussies.

For me Toulouse would be an expensive trinket designed to give the impression SL is a global brand. No one will fall for that.

To me we need a 12th club that will instantly inject cash into the game and increase the British player pool. So in any order, Fev, Leigh, Halifax, York or Bradford. Teams who will instantly improve the existing clubs income.

We need cash now, something gat Wilkins and others don’t seem to get
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:1128th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 am  
vastman wrote:
Personally don’t care either way regarding French teams but I’m not sure why you think people who want them are t*ssers.

Funny if I’d have said that my post would have been deleted.

In an attempt to debate seriously, usually a waste, my issue with Catalan and thus with Toulouse is as follows and it has nothing to do with tactics perceived or otherwise.

Is it 15 years on from there entry into SL? In that time has the French national team improved one jot? No, Catalan produce to few French players and those that they do rarely seem available for duty.

In most respects Catalan has been a success but not in its premier roll. It has totally failed to reinvigorate the French game bar some occasional publicity.

Good though the rest of it is the failure to fulfil its key role in any real way makes me dubious about a second team.

If Catalan can produce such little home grown talent then what chance Toulouse? Even if they managed the same as Catalan that would provide no more than 2-3 real internationals at best.

Without the above their inclusion into SL is purely cosmetic, just another team, ourselves included to a degree, that gives refuge to past it or second rate Aussies.

For me Toulouse would be an expensive trinket designed to give the impression SL is a global brand. No one will fall for that.

To me we need a 12th club that will instantly inject cash into the game and increase the British player pool. So in any order, Fev, Leigh, Halifax, York or Bradford. Teams who will instantly improve the existing clubs income.

We need cash now, something gat Wilkins and others don’t seem to get

Just to take issue with "has the French team improved".
It possibly has but, in relation to playing against a side of full time pro players, they have no chance of being competitive.
There would need to be a full time league of French clubs, equivalent to SL, for them to have a slight chance of being competitive.
Catalan have what, 12/14 French players in their squad, all of differing quality.
Just imagine how bad they would be if they were all part time. It would be like England playing Hunslet (no disrespect to them).
Toulouse being in SL could help but, they and Catalan would be fighting for the better FRench players.

Ultimately, the "having Catalan in SL will make France competitive was just wrong but, it probably helped them gain a place in SL.

Having said that, France would be even worse without a cluster of Catalan players in their squad and there are more French players in SL, Navarette, Escare etc.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35915
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:0426th Mar 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:04 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Just to take issue with "has the French team improved".
It possibly has but, in relation to playing against a side of full time pro players, they have no chance of being competitive.
There would need to be a full time league of French clubs, equivalent to SL, for them to have a slight chance of being competitive.
Catalan have what, 12/14 French players in their squad, all of differing quality.
Just imagine how bad they would be if they were all part time. It would be like England playing Hunslet (no disrespect to them).
Toulouse being in SL could help but, they and Catalan would be fighting for the better FRench players.

Ultimately, the "having Catalan in SL will make France competitive was just wrong but, it probably helped them gain a place in SL.

Having said that, France would be even worse without a cluster of Catalan players in their squad and there are more French players in SL, Navarette, Escare etc.

Maybe but why compound the error.

Cold hard facts, which many RL fans and the British people in general struggle to grasp is that the sums don’t add up.

RL needs cash and it needs it now. Forget TV money that bonanza has gone, all this BT stuff is day dreaming. Even if BT wanted SL why pay more than SKY who I don’t believe to be that fussed.

No we need teams who bring fans to games both home and away. Now is the time to consolidate not speculate.

So no for me, salvation lays at Post office road these days not the Riviera.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2630
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 22 20186 years163rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:4822nd Mar 24 13:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:00 pm  
try scorer wrote:
You obviously never played rugby league of you did I wish I'd a played against you

Anyone who disagrees with you know nothing about rugby do they? Its a joke.

Swinging arm, direct to the head like that is a yellow there is no doubt about that.. you mention Maloney saving a try, if you knew about the game then surely you would know that foul play in the act of a try scoring opportunity is an automatic yellow anyway by the rulebook?

Maloney has been doing it all season... Seriously makes me cringe that people are just willing to accept that as part of the game, as it has always been like that and in some cases even supporting it! "The games gone soft" yeah tell that to the likes of Stevie Ward and Luke Keary.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2633No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 06 201212 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2916th Mar 24 17:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 pm  
M just pleased that quality managed to come out on top. With the money cats have spent the so called marquee players didn't get a look in and on that and a few other performances look money grabbers and totally over rated.
FIL 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4303
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200915 years50th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 20:0227th Mar 24 15:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:22 pm  
vastman wrote:
Maybe but why compound the error.

Cold hard facts, which many RL fans and the British people in general struggle to grasp is that the sums don’t add up.

RL needs cash and it needs it now. Forget TV money that bonanza has gone, all this BT stuff is day dreaming. Even if BT wanted SL why pay more than SKY who I don’t believe to be that fussed.

No we need teams who bring fans to games both home and away. Now is the time to consolidate not speculate.

So no for me, salvation lays at Post office road these days not the Riviera.

Hard to disagree with any of that, Vasty and when I drove through Feverley Hills the other day I was surprised to see all the Lamborghini's, Ferraris and blinged-up Bentley's driving around Post Office Road :D :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star915No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201211 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Sep 23 18:5627th Sep 23 18:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints v Catalans : Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:11 pm  
homme vaste wrote:
Anyone who disagrees with you know nothing about rugby do they? Its a joke.

Swinging arm, direct to the head like that is a yellow there is no doubt about that.. you mention Maloney saving a try, if you knew about the game then surely you would know that foul play in the act of a try scoring opportunity is an automatic yellow anyway by the rulebook?

Maloney has been doing it all season... Seriously makes me cringe that people are just willing to accept that as part of the game, as it has always been like that and in some cases even supporting it! "The games gone soft" yeah tell that to the likes of Stevie Ward and Luke Keary.

Yea th :SHOOT: e game as gone soft old lad same teams win only way to beat em is to get stuck in while soft prats like you comments like you it will always be the few you might be happy I'm not old cock
PreviousNext