FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - More covid problems.
Trinity1964 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 am  
Covid jabs being given at Newbury race course were suspended yesterday due to a race meeting taking place. A race meeting that no one could attend. Can anyone explain how this can happen, crazy.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35915
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 19:2826th Mar 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:27 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
There seems no doubt that the start of the season (at least) will be affected by covid issues, hence Magic being moved - it's a non starter without meaningful numbers of fans - however, wanting players to be vaccinated before the vulnerable would definitely be getting "our" priorities wrong.
It's one of the rare moments when I agree with the government and they and all of the many others involved, deserve huge credit for getting the vaccinations up to speed so quickly.
The logistics in getting the vaccine rolled out to so many people in a short space of time have been excellent and hopefully it will have the desired effect of protecting the most vulnerable and at some point, allowing the economy to open up again.

For once I'm optimistic. With very few negative reports about the vaccines and the assumption that they are offering 75% on the first dose then I would expect all those above 50 to and even vulnerable 40's to have been vaccinated by then have had a jab by late March.

My guess unless something dreadful occurs is that we will be limited to 2,000 through April but May might see that raise to a workable 4,000 in our case. At worst we will lose money on maybe two games, then be back on budget by hopefully mid-May when I hope all restrictions are lifted.

Obviously, this is the most positive scenario and there is a lot that could go wrong but fingers crossed that 18 months of misery will be over for most of us. Fingers crossed we all make it til then.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2973
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years43rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 17:1128th Mar 24 09:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:19 am  
charlie wrote:
Do you even the need the jab at their age? I'd happily give mine up for someone who is at risk.

Fair question....
In a word, No.
Everyone will receive it eventually.
Although some of the coaching or backroom staff may/will receive it due to their age :CURTAIN: :WHISTLE: and possibly underlying conditions.....
I thought that was blatantly obvious to people - apart from of course the OP......... :roll:
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 20203 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:4025th Mar 24 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 pm  
Dont think covid gonna go away anytime soon.my mum in her 70s who has health isdues finally got her letter yesterday but its another 4 weeks before she can get booked in.(spose can look st that in glass half full and say loads must be getting the vac with everything been booked up)
On a rugby side we will be affected again in the season or at least the start players will no doubt have to stand down at times and we could be back to can we field a team again and unfortunately it matters this year with there been relagation.covid will of course affect us in other ways too obviously theres the cash flow issues but one that sedms to maybe go under the radar is the player development of our academy and scholars.i know at scolars the lads are having plenty of zoom meetings and routines sent through as are the academy but this isnt the szme as getting out there as a team and do some real training and hopefully some games in later months.i know every clubb is in same postion but alot can go out and just buy we need to produce.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 pm  
Luppylad wrote:
Dont think covid gonna go away anytime soon.my mum in her 70s who has health isdues finally got her letter yesterday but its another 4 weeks before she can get booked in.(spose can look st that in glass half full and say loads must be getting the vac with everything been booked up)
On a rugby side we will be affected again in the season or at least the start players will no doubt have to stand down at times and we could be back to can we field a team again and unfortunately it matters this year with there been relagation.covid will of course affect us in other ways too obviously theres the cash flow issues but one that sedms to maybe go under the radar is the player development of our academy and scholars.i know at scolars the lads are having plenty of zoom meetings and routines sent through as are the academy but this isnt the szme as getting out there as a team and do some real training and hopefully some games in later months.i know every clubb is in same postion but alot can go out and just buy we need to produce.

What you need to remember is that every day more centres come online and more of the easier to administer Asra vaccine also comes online with it. Assuming the rollout increases at the rate it is by the middle of Feb we should be vaccinating more than twice as many per day as now.

Your mum might be lucky, a friend of my mum who is a mere 76 got phoned up on Monday and was offered the vaccine by her GP so it's definitely cracking on, She was originally given date in two weeks time so best of luck you may be lucky.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2708
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20195 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 20:1818th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:55 pm  
vastman wrote:
What you need to remember is that every day more centres come online and more of the easier to administer Asra vaccine also comes online with it. Assuming the rollout increases at the rate it is by the middle of Feb we should be vaccinating more than twice as many per day as now.

Your mum might be lucky, a friend of my mum who is a mere 76 got phoned up on Monday and was offered the vaccine by her GP so it's definitely cracking on, She was originally given date in two weeks time so best of luck you may be lucky.

I think it’s becoming obvious to me now, the political double speak is back. I can’t remember if it was Boris or Hancock, saying all “over 70s” will be offered the vaccine by mid February. Well, they may be Offered the vaccine, but that doesn’t mean the over70s will actually be given the vaccine by mid February. My Mrs received the letter on Tuesday, first jab on 29th Jan, so far so good. I’m still waiting for an invitation for my first jab. Other family members tell me when they try booking a jab, there are no available dates for Wakefield, try again in a few days. I’ll let you know how long before I receive an invitation for the jab. I’m not holding my breath.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4543
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 30 200815 years202nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:1127th Mar 24 23:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:01 pm  
I've not had an invitation yet. My 93 year old motber had her injection yesterday.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 20203 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:4025th Mar 24 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I think it’s becoming obvious to me now, the political double speak is back. I can’t remember if it was Boris or Hancock, saying all “over 70s” will be offered the vaccine by mid February. Well, they may be Offered the vaccine, but that doesn’t mean the over70s will actually be given the vaccine by mid February. My Mrs received the letter on Tuesday, first jab on 29th Jan, so far so good. I’m still waiting for an invitation for my first jab. Other family members tell me when they try booking a jab, there are no available dates for Wakefield, try again in a few days. I’ll let you know how long before I receive an invitation for the jab. I’m not holding my breath.

Tell ya family members and for anyone else having difficulties go online at midnight seems to be quicker that way
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:10 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:

To be fair on Boris and I know it's tempting not to be, he's going to always give the lowest estimate. So if it goes badly he did warn us or if it goes better than predicted it makes him look even better. It's what anyone would do if we are honest, especially when he himself probably can't be certain.

He has to be smart here because if the vaccination project goes to plan or better it may well save his premiership. Truth is it's not how you start it's how you finish and if we finish Covid quicker than everyone else that is what most will remember.

Remember countries like France, Germany and Italy can't fabricate their figures forever, at some point wave two will catch up with them and they may well end up with far more death than us. That's not pro-Brexit crowing, by the way, I genuinely hope it doesn't but the EU's response is a shambles. worse than ours and Covid doesn't follow EU guidelines.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: More covid problems. : Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:11 pm  
wakeytrin wrote:
I've not had an invitation yet. My 93 year old motber had her injection yesterday.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Also don't be too [olite to ask, my mum did and beat the deadline for the second jab - just.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
5m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 6
taxi4stevesm
8m
The Bulls away