RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - There is no shame or self pride.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:27 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 727
Hi DeeHell, I fear you are right, who the hell would employ any person with a record of failure he has, not even a team below the championship ! In fact they would be mad to, but I repeat he is a decent person, I have no wish to kick a man when he is down, but,
He should not preside over ruination of the club before it goes too far !!
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:37 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
Chester seems a decent person and has certainly had some challenges on the injury front.

However, his record is simply not good enough to earn him a new deal and puts his current position in question.

I don’t think it’s in question that his reign at Wakefield is over. I think it’s just a matter of when. Even Carter must see that the results point to the face a change is needed.

I have no doubt Chester will want to leave on a high though. I do think we have been improving and I do believe we are not far away from picking up that first win.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:43 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2630
If he was a man of honour he would resign for the good of the club, to at least give them some chance of survival.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 8:26 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 2037
And what %of blame do you put on the club who constantly set the budget. We shipped ou quite a number of players and brought 2 in, now that's shameless.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 9:51 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 8450
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
lampyboy wrote:
And what %of blame do you put on the club who constantly set the budget. We shipped ou quite a number of players and brought 2 in, now that's shameless.


The fans, sponsors and Sky set the budget.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 10:09 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14273
Location: wakefield
Luppylad wrote:
Can i just ask what you want fans to be positive about..i dont agree with players coaches been slagged off and abused thats not right but fans have a right to be negative and unhappy we have a win record of somthing like 8 in 43 we have lost our last 8 games v sl opposition in a row dont understand how you expect fans not to be negative. We are in serious danger of relagation is that positive


The problem is, fans seem to think we should be better, but the team that is able to get our on the field is capable of 8 wins in however many we are now.
I'm seeing a team trying to do their best in difficult circumstances. I'm prepared to support them through that.

We just went toe to toe with a top team sporting a man of steel, Australian international still in their prime and a number of other internationals.
Our team had two debutant who can't get into another super league side, a fullback at stand off and two wingers that if we had a choice wouldn't be playing.

I support that kind of endeavour and can look passed the score to see what is happening. As can others it would appear from the reactions to the negative posts.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am  

Wildmoggy wrote:
Wildmoggy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 711
PopTart wrote:
The problem is, fans seem to think we should be better, but the team that is able to get our on the field is capable of 8 wins in however many we are now.
I'm seeing a team trying to do their best in difficult circumstances. I'm prepared to support them through that.

We just went toe to toe with a top team sporting a man of steel, Australian international still in their prime and a number of other internationals.
Our team had two debutant who can't get into another super league side, a fullback at stand off and two wingers that if we had a choice wouldn't be playing.

I support that kind of endeavour and can look passed the score to see what is happening. As can others it would appear from the reactions to the negative posts.


Thing is I get what you are saying, and there is some merit in what you are saying, but......we have now in all of the games, been in with a chance of winning at around the 55/60 minute mark, and won none, not once have we been dominant in the final quarter of games. You seem to hang everything on whose missing for us and who plays for the opposition etc. Let's not forget those 1st 3 games, we had Miller, TJ, Tupou, Ashurst, not to mention Fifita, Arona etc who people said before they were massive losses and the reason of poor form previously. Because this just goes on and on, it seems it doesn't matter what the personnel is and what positions they play, it remains the same outcome, that is probably what p****s people off the most! We can't just think that when we play Salford, Leigh, Hudds etc we will win automatically, it doesn't work like that, we just aren't ruthless enough when presented with opportunities against any opposition, we had enough possession and territory against Hull last week to win 3 games! No-one in my opinion has actually played that great against us so far, the first 10 mins. of the 2nd half against Wigan all they did was drop the ball, they completed 1 set out of 5, did we take advantage and at least score 1 or 2 tries? No, because like I said we just aren't ruthless enough, and don't take it for granted that we will be against 'lower opposition' as you put it.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 10:48 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14273
Location: wakefield
Wildmoggy wrote:
Thing is I get what you are saying, and there is some merit in what you are saying, but......we have now in all of the games, been in with a chance of winning at around the 55/60 minute mark, and won none, not once have we been dominant in the final quarter of games. You seem to hang everything on whose missing for us and who plays for the opposition etc. Let's not forget those 1st 3 games, we had Miller, TJ, Tupou, Ashurst, not to mention Fifita, Arona etc who people said before they were massive losses and the reason of poor form previously. Because this just goes on and on, it seems it doesn't matter what the personnel is and what positions they play, it remains the same outcome, that is probably what p****s people off the most! We can't just think that when we play Salford, Leigh, Hudds etc we will win automatically, it doesn't work like that, we just aren't ruthless enough when presented with opportunities against any opposition, we had enough possession and territory against Hull last week to win 3 games! No-one in my opinion has actually played that great against us so far, the first 10 mins. of the 2nd half against Wigan all they did was drop the ball, they completed 1 set out of 5, did we take advantage and at least score 1 or 2 tries? No, because like I said we just aren't ruthless enough, and don't take it for granted that we will be against 'lower opposition' as you put it.



Opposition don't just play badly against us at random. They make mistakes because we are trying hard to stop them.
This is what frustrates me. I accept we are not great and need to improve, but some have got so negative that they can't see anything good in the team, when there is actually lots of good.

Even those games you say we had full strength teams. We didn't have a recognised Hooker and we had key players injured during the game..... Away.... Against the most successful teams in the league.

I don't think people realise what a difference playing away means either.
Trinity Heritage posted a news letter focusing on Wigan.
I was surprised that in our history we are 40 wins and 47 losses to Wigan at Belle Vue. Clearly that takes a lot from the 60s and our successful times. Away we are 13 out of 84. That doesn't include the neutral ground ones either.

I look forward to seeing them at Belle Vue and shouting my support as loud as I can. Win, lose or draw.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 10:53 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10830
Other teams have no problem playing away from home.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 10:54 am  

Wildmoggy wrote:
Wildmoggy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 711
PopTart wrote:
Opposition don't just play badly against us at random. They make mistakes because we are trying hard to stop them.
This is what frustrates me. I accept we are not great and need to improve, but some have got so negative that they can't see anything good in the team, when there is actually lots of good.

Even those games you say we had full strength teams. We didn't have a recognised Hooker and we had key players injured during the game..... Away.... Against the most successful teams in the league.

I don't think people realise what a difference playing away means either.
Trinity Heritage posted a news letter focusing on Wigan.
I was surprised that in our history we are 40 wins and 47 losses to Wigan at Belle Vue. Clearly that takes a lot from the 60s and our successful times. Away we are 13 out of 84. That doesn't include the neutral ground ones either.

I look forward to seeing them at Belle Vue and shouting my support as loud as I can. Win, lose or draw.


Well let's look at Leigh's squad compared to ours, and look at their performances against Wigan & Saints compared to ours, and look at the final scorelines in those games, then you may get an idea why people are slightly worried and fed up!!!!!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adam_Harrison9, Brightside, cheshirecat57, dboy, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, Google Adsense [Bot], Luppylad, MOPSEY LIVES ON, normycat, PopTart, Redscat, REDWHITEANDBLUE, sandcat20, Scarlet Pimpernell, Schunter, Travelling Wilbury, Willzay, WRENNYAL, wrenthorpecat and 255 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,8801,83778,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 24 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 17 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X