RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - There is no shame or self pride.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 12:16 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2605
The problem is that the squad does not lack quality it just lacks direction.
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 1:19 pm  

User avatarTrinityDave wrote:
TrinityDave User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Wakefield
FickleFingerOfFate wrote:
Can't blame COVID, every other team has had to deal with it.
What's been the problem the season before when we scraped over the line with a win against London?
Maybe playing player's in the correct positions and not signing players and not playing them?



I meant covid affecting the mood of so-called supporters.
There are those who are born to drive, and those who are born to be driven Wakefield till i die
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 1:37 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14251
Location: wakefield
Wildmoggy wrote:
Well let's look at Leigh's squad compared to ours, and look at their performances against Wigan & Saints compared to ours, and look at the final scorelines in those games, then you may get an idea why people are slightly worried and fed up!!!!!


Not squad, teams. Compare the teams on the field.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 7:03 pm  

Wildmoggy wrote:
Wildmoggy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
PopTart wrote:
Not squad, teams. Compare the teams on the field.


But it's a squad game isn't it? Do we not have a bigger and better squad than Leigh?! Anyway, so far we are very even with them, played 5 lost 5, points for and against almost identical. Where we differ is, we lost 34-6 to Wigan and Saints, they lost 20-18 and 22-12 to the same teams, make of that what you will, in isolation it's pretty embarrassing on our part really. :oops:
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 7:20 pm  

User avatarbrettoncat wrote:
brettoncat User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:33 am
Posts: 344
Location: In a chemically enduced utopia
My last post on here before I leave, pop tart is delusional clown and until we get shut of Chester are destined for championship rugby. Goodnight and godbless
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6490
Wildmoggy wrote:
But it's a squad game isn't it? Do we not have a bigger and better squad than Leigh?! Anyway, so far we are very even with them, played 5 lost 5, points for and against almost identical. Where we differ is, we lost 34-6 to Wigan and Saints, they lost 20-18 and 22-12 to the same teams, make of that what you will, in isolation it's pretty embarrassing on our part really. :oops:


Ask yourself should you be equal with Leigh? What a comical comment that is..
Image
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sat May 01, 2021 11:36 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14251
Location: wakefield
Wildmoggy wrote:
But it's a squad game isn't it? Do we not have a bigger and better squad than Leigh?! Anyway, so far we are very even with them, played 5 lost 5, points for and against almost identical. Where we differ is, we lost 34-6 to Wigan and Saints, they lost 20-18 and 22-12 to the same teams, make of that what you will, in isolation it's pretty embarrassing on our part really. :oops:


My point about the squad is that people keep saying our squad has enough quality to do better, and they are right, but we rarely get the best on the field..... So to compare with Leigh we need to compare the players available to play and when you do there difference isn't so much.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 am  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 887
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
The fans, sponsors and Sky set the budget.

What really worries me wollo is as you say ,the the sky money is in the bag ,to some extent so are the sponsors .But we are going to find it extremely difficult to build our fan base on current performances which will have serious repercussions on the recruitment front going forwards .As has been stated plenty of time ,if we had the money available which star is going to want to play in a whipping boys team . The quality we have will only go one way as I see it until we can build a team ,not of superstars but a team that win or lose plays to the best of their abilities, which is something I personally don’t see ,although by the last performance there is a glimmer of hope . A winning team equates to a growing fan base which in turn put money in the coffers to attract and buy these better quality players we all crave for. If people are happy for this once great club to suffer a slow lingering death I question your loyalty ,just as people question mine for daring to speak my mind about this great clubs current predicament which has slowly but surely turned into a team of easy beats .
I’ll be on the terraces until I draw my last breathe , but there aren’t many of me left ,and if we don’t turn the tide very soon there will be far fewer going forwards and that my friends truly saddens me .This club is bigger than everyone ,coaches , Directors ,they all have come and gone but the Trin has kept going throughout ,I hope my grandkids are stood watching this once proud team in 20/30 years time ,and so to that end we must do whatever it takes to keep this club going . If this current crop had as much pride and passion for our club as I have had over the years we wouldn’t be staring down the barrels as we are now .
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sun May 02, 2021 8:13 am  
coco the fullback User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:48 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Hiding behind a palm tree in the mountains
Kettykat wrote:
What really worries me wollo is as you say ,the the sky money is in the bag ,to some extent so are the sponsors .But we are going to find it extremely difficult to build our fan base on current performances which will have serious repercussions on the recruitment front going forwards .As has been stated plenty of time ,if we had the money available which star is going to want to play in a whipping boys team . The quality we have will only go one way as I see it until we can build a team ,not of superstars but a team that win or lose plays to the best of their abilities, which is something I personally don’t see ,although by the last performance there is a glimmer of hope . A winning team equates to a growing fan base which in turn put money in the coffers to attract and buy these better quality players we all crave for. If people are happy for this once great club to suffer a slow lingering death I question your loyalty ,just as people question mine for daring to speak my mind about this great clubs current predicament which has slowly but surely turned into a team of easy beats .
I’ll be on the terraces until I draw my last breathe , but there aren’t many of me left ,and if we don’t turn the tide very soon there will be far fewer going forwards and that my friends truly saddens me .This club is bigger than everyone ,coaches , Directors ,they all have come and gone but the Trin has kept going throughout ,I hope my grandkids are stood watching this once proud team in 20/30 years time ,and so to that end we must do whatever it takes to keep this club going . If this current crop had as much pride and passion for our club as I have had over the years we wouldn’t be staring down the barrels as we are now .


This once great club?
Where do you think we should be in the league rankings?
Here is our finishing league position from 1966-2020
Image
Image
Re: There is no shame or self pride. Sun May 02, 2021 8:49 am  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 887
coco the fullback wrote:
This once great club?
Where do you think we should be in the league rankings?
Here is our finishing league position from 1966-2020
Image

If your happy with our performances of late that’s fair enough ,you’ll get what you deserve with the team serving up this poor quality rugby, and that will be poor gate attendances ,lower quality players as a Direct result and a slow demise of, and I’ll word this different ,a once proud club , if that suits you better .
I’m not happy with our performances,I pay my season ticket and I voice my opinion simple as .
This club was a once great and proud club and I for one would like us to take positive steps to get us back there .Instead we are supposed to support without question mediocrity or we are classed not loyal . What a load of bull that is ,if I see players not playing for our club with pride and passion I’ll voice my opinions ,just as I will when they are playing well .Time for changes, as all we have to look forwards is a slow demise with a dwindling support base and even less quality than we already have . Sad times indeed when I see more passion from my 12 year old grandson playing RL than some of our squad
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOJ042, cocker, djcool, Last to be picked, Scarlet Pimpernell, Slugger McBatt, Travelling Wilbury, Upanunder, wakeytrin, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 127 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,184,9181,14778,6739,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Wed 28th Jul
SL RND: 16 Warrington21-8Wigan
Sun 25th Jul
CH
LIVE
Sheffield28-40Halifax
CH
LIVE
Batley42-12Newcastle
CH
LIVE
Bradford30-36Featherstone
CH
LIVE
Whitehaven28-24Oldham
CH
LIVE
York46-10Swinton
L1
LIVE
Barrow40-12Coventry
L1
LIVE
Hunslet20-20Keighley
WSL
LIVE
YorkW0-0Hudds W
NRL
LIVE
St.George10-32Gold Coast
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury24-44Cronulla
Sat 24th Jul
NRL RND: 19 Souths60-22NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 19 Manly44-24Wests
NRL RND: 19 Penrith18-12Brisbane
L1 RND: 12 LondonS46-30West Wales
SL RND: 13 Catalans32-30Hull KR
Fri 23rd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Sydney28-8Newcastle
NRL RND: 19 NQL Cowboys16-20Melbourne
SL RND: 15 Leeds38-16Salford
SLRND: 15 Wigan25-12Wakefield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 17 632 198 434 30
Penrith 17 493 179 314 30
Souths 17 503 346 157 28
Parramatta 17 474 255 219 26
Sydney 17 453 335 118 22
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
St.George 17 358 382 -24 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 17 283 420 -137 14
Gold Coast 17 394 468 -74 12
Wests 17 372 502 -130 12
NQL Cowboys 17 324 527 -203 12
NZ Warriors 17 333 426 -93 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 14 419 226 193 26 185.40 92.86
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 14 429 221 208 21 194.12 75
Hull FC 12 286 215 71 15 133.02 62.50
Wigan 16 255 289 -34 20 88.24 62.50
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 14 332 251 81 14 132.27 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 15 259 354 -95 8 73.16 26.67
Leigh 13 212 508 -296 0 41.73 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 9 433 88 345 18 492.05 100
Featherstone 13 573 166 407 26 345.18 100
Halifax 14 398 199 199 20 200 71.43
Bradford 13 354 315 39 18 112.38 69.23
LondonB 13 374 337 37 17 110.98 65.38
Batley 14 370 286 84 18 129.37 64.29
 
Widnes 13 307 344 -37 11 89.24 42.31
Newcastle 13 284 400 -116 11 71 42.31
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Whitehaven 14 277 396 -119 11 69.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 13 197 379 -182 9 51.98 34.62
Oldham 13 190 470 -280 4 40.43 15.38
Swinton 14 234 529 -295 0 44.23 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 10 342 150 192 17 228 85
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 9 308 189 119 14 162.96 77.78
Keighley 10 348 239 109 10 145.61 50
Rochdale 10 279 280 -1 10 99.64 50
Crusaders 10 278 318 -40 10 87.42 50
 
Coventry 8 204 240 -36 8 85 50
Hunslet 10 268 257 11 8 104.28 40
LondonS 8 154 292 -138 2 52.74 12.50
West Wales 10 122 514 -392 0 23.74 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X