RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leeds up next game
Re: Leeds up next game Sun May 02, 2021 7:53 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 1259
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
I think the effort as been there in all the games, we just can’t create pressure because we can’t score points. IMO we look a lot more dangerous going with early ball instead of constantly round the back. The trouble is we just look full of mistakes at the moment. Maybe we should just try to go back to basic boring, mistake free 5 drives and a kick to build some confidence and see if we can grab a win

We been playing 5 drives and a kick for 2 years, just a bit more football been played this year please
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 7:36 am  

alegend wrote:
alegend Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 1259
Just watched extended high highlights of Leeds v Huddersfield game .Both teams scored good trys, and throw the ball about well .Did notice that both teams when on attack ,seemed to stand way behind the 10 yard limit. so getting far more momentum going forward .We seem to stand flat .
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14619
Location: wakefield
alegend wrote:
We been playing 5 drives and a kick for 2 years, just a bit more football been played this year please


I'd have been happy with that last season.
I think we tended to be 5 drives and just hand the ball over.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am  

User avatarSchunter wrote:
Schunter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 4902
alegend wrote:
Just watched extended high highlights of Leeds v Huddersfield game .Both teams scored good trys, and throw the ball about well .Did notice that both teams when on attack ,seemed to stand way behind the 10 yard limit. so getting far more momentum going forward .We seem to stand flat .


Half the time we don't even have an attacking line, just a rabble
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 10:33 am  

User avatarricardo07 wrote:
ricardo07 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 am
Posts: 453
Location: Walton, Wakefield
Standing flat as been my gripe for years.
Difficult to score when near the line because it just becomes a game of shove.
Generally we are out muscled in this area.
Lying a little deeper and running onto a ball without a man about to clatter you simply changes the dynamic in favour of the attacking team.
We don't learn what isn't working or have the individuals to step inside a player to create a gap. Hope CC watches the coaching manual as used by the more successful teams.
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 2:11 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 16289
This game is definitely winnable.
The only victory for Leeds cam at our expense, in a game that Trinity, despite being busted, could and should have won.
We will be much stronger in the pack this time around and with a couple of bodies back, we CAN do the business.
Confidence wont be great for either side and it's up to our senior players to stand up.
Assuming he's fit, I'd have senior back, hopefully with Johnstone on the other wing :PRAY:

The first of 4 HUGE, HUGE games for us.

Come on Trin !
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 2:24 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1496
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
wrencat1873 wrote:
This game is definitely winnable.
The only victory for Leeds cam at our expense, in a game that Trinity, despite being busted, could and should have won.
We will be much stronger in the pack this time around and with a couple of bodies back, we CAN do the business.
Confidence wont be great for either side and it's up to our senior players to stand up.
Assuming he's fit, I'd have senior back, hopefully with Johnstone on the other wing :PRAY:

The first of 4 HUGE, HUGE games for us.

Come on Trin !

Yes, hopefully we have a couple of bodies returning after couple of weeks off, the only problem is Leeds players have also had time to refresh. I’m not sure if they still have a couple of players still suspended for this game.
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 3:35 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3526
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
wrencat1873 wrote:
This game is definitely winnable.
The only victory for Leeds cam at our expense, in a game that Trinity, despite being busted, could and should have won.
We will be much stronger in the pack this time around and with a couple of bodies back, we CAN do the business.
Confidence wont be great for either side and it's up to our senior players to stand up.
Assuming he's fit, I'd have senior back, hopefully with Johnstone on the other wing :PRAY:

The first of 4 HUGE, HUGE games for us.

Come on Trin !

Yes, hopefully we have a couple of bodies returning after couple of weeks off, the only problem is Leeds players have also had time to refresh. I’m not sure if they still have a couple of players still suspended for this game.


Yes I believe they do have a few returning including Luke Gale.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm  

User avatarClearwing wrote:
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 8120
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Yes, hopefully we have a couple of bodies returning after couple of weeks off, the only problem is Leeds players have also had time to refresh. I’m not sure if they still have a couple of players still suspended for this game.


Yep, Tetevano and Myler still banned for us
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
Re: Leeds up next game Mon May 03, 2021 7:04 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 2354
Location: The sunny South (of Wakefield)
ricardo07 wrote:
Standing flat as been my gripe for years.
Difficult to score when near the line because it just becomes a game of shove.
Generally we are out muscled in this area.

Lying a little deeper and running onto a ball without a man about to clatter you simply changes the dynamic in favour of the attacking team.
We don't learn what isn't working or have the individuals to step inside a player to create a gap. Hope CC watches the coaching manual as used by the more successful teams.


Been saying the same thing myself for years also, ric. Big Dave should be running at speed for at least 10m before receiving the ball. His momentum should then take him at least another 15m.. A flat line and receiving the ball standing still achieves nothing
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BackSeatCoach, BarnsleyGull, bellycouldtackle, cocker, coco the fullback, DN6Fan, Dunkirk Spirit, Fordy, lampyboy, Last to be picked, Lockers700, Manuel, pamsboy, PopTart, Scarlet Pimpernell, Teltry, The Devil's Advocate, Trinity 61, Trojan Horse, vastman, Wakeywakeywakey, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 267 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Thu 23rd Sep
SL RND: 26 Wigan0-8Leeds
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::