RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Change ASAP before more money is spent
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Thu May 06, 2021 8:18 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14273
Location: wakefield
newgroundb4cas wrote:
For the good of the club get someone else in and don't give Chester any more brass the talk of Adam milner is a joke. A slow plodding hooker is all we need we have crowther for that. Chester is obsessed with slow back rowers and our best back rower we use as a ineffective prop Tanginoa. We need a quality prop and a quick darting hooker to get us on the front foot.
We have a team of wingers, slow hookers , midget props and plodding back rowers.

Like I said squad imbalances. We need change or we are done financially and done playing wise.


When you say imbalances
Do you mean wingers, where we are down to our last fit two
Or fullbacks where we have to play players out of position because we've injured the three we have?
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 pm  

Luppylad wrote:
Luppylad Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm
Posts: 655
PopTart wrote:
When you say imbalances
Do you mean wingers, where we are down to our last fit two
Or fullbacks where we have to play players out of position because we've injured the three we have?


Is senior injured then...wondered how hed fallen behind the other 2
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Thu May 06, 2021 8:37 pm  

User avatarTimmySmith wrote:
TimmySmith User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Posts: 105
I don’t think Milner would be as bad a signing as people are making out, he’s been ever present under Powell averaging over 25 games a season during his stay.

However definitely a step down from the rumoured Andrew Fifita only weeks ago.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Thu May 06, 2021 8:49 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 1110
PopTart wrote:
When you say imbalances
Do you mean wingers, where we are down to our last fit two
Or fullbacks where we have to play players out of position because we've injured the three we have?

This is some thing that is concerning me injuries.As we all know when Mr Chester left HKR 10 players in that team were injured. When he took over Wakefield he had a very fit squad. .After a year and a half ,we started getting long term injurys ,witch as got worst as the seasons have gone by ..Is it because he as no knowledge on how to keep players fit ,or buying players that are not fit enough to play S L .or down to been a Coach that is out of is league in S L we
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 pm  

madkeentrin wrote:
madkeentrin Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm
Posts: 96
So potentially, we get Milner, and Cas get Westerman.We've lost the plot completely now!
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 8463
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
Luppylad wrote:
Is senior injured then...wondered how hed fallen behind the other 2


Yes. Long term.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Fri May 07, 2021 7:58 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: Tomorrowland
I tend to agree, If I am honest I don`t trust Chester to get recruitment right because I don`t think he has for the past five years, why would he start getting things right now? Every year over the past 3 he has said we lack quality in certain positions yet its him that is in charge of recruitment and we can bang on all we want about lack of funding, but he has had funding and he has brought some players in just in the wrong positions and wrong types of player IMO.

He has picked up a couple of good players in Fifita and Tanginoa but I have noticed soon after they arrive, there performances start to deteriorate until we are sat here talking about how they are a shadow of the player they were when they first arrived, I`m not sure why, but that`s the truth, look at Tanginoa this season, he has made very little impact.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Fri May 07, 2021 9:26 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 2038
I'm not sure you can totally blame Chester. Looking back a player as a good season to be offered an extension for a long period, aA2 year contract should be ample with an extension towards the back end of year 2, if the player remains in good form. We seem to offer long contract for the player to see a big drop in form.
Its going to be a very interesting closed season with a record number of contract up both in the UK and Aus.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Fri May 07, 2021 9:54 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31290
Location: Poodle Power!
madkeentrin wrote:
So potentially, we get Milner, and Cas get Westerman.We've lost the plot completely now!


That would be the same Westerman that the vast majority on here thought was a terrible idea at the time?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Fri May 07, 2021 10:11 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14273
Location: wakefield
homme vaste wrote:
I tend to agree, If I am honest I don`t trust Chester to get recruitment right because I don`t think he has for the past five years, why would he start getting things right now? Every year over the past 3 he has said we lack quality in certain positions yet its him that is in charge of recruitment and we can bang on all we want about lack of funding, but he has had funding and he has brought some players in just in the wrong positions and wrong types of player IMO.

He has picked up a couple of good players in Fifita and Tanginoa but I have noticed soon after they arrive, there performances start to deteriorate until we are sat here talking about how they are a shadow of the player they were when they first arrived, I`m not sure why, but that`s the truth, look at Tanginoa this season, he has made very little impact.


Again that is clearly just not true.

Fifita didn't deteriorate soon after arriving. In fact he arrived with a bit of baggage that made his game a bit chaotic and then under Chester improved over 2 years. It started going wrong after injury..
Tanginoa was making wild passes but under Chester got into the dream team. He and Fifita are always heavily watched by opposition defenses so it's harder for them.
The setup play might have deteriorated but these players haven't as you say deteriorated soon after signing.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1315trinity, 1948er, alegend, Brightside, cocker, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, Mable_Syrup, phe13, REDWHITEANDBLUE, sarge1, Scarlet Pimpernell, Schunter, Slugger McBatt, steadygetyerboots-on, supercat, Trojan Horse, wakeytrin, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo, WRENNYAL and 206 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,188,3691,73978,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 24 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 17 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X