RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Change ASAP before more money is spent
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14260
Location: wakefield
Trojan Horse wrote:
To be fair Battye wasn’t our best player albeit was good. He is only 2 in from injury and Alex Walker has always had the same faults in his game even at London.


Exactly.

And really when you say... To be fair..... You are actually saying, to be factually correct.
I could copy that to every thread at the moment. There are so many made up stats and facts just posted to back up a reactive opinion.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Sat May 08, 2021 8:40 am  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
PopTart wrote:
Exactly.

And really when you say... To be fair..... You are actually saying, to be factually correct.
I could copy that to every thread at the moment. There are so many made up stars and facts just posted to back up a reactive opinion.


Totally agree. While I do think Chesters position is untenable beyond 2021 I don’t need to repeatedly stretch the truth to get my point across with it. I’ve already made my own mind up that changes are needed but it’s much easier if i try to support the current regime while they’re here trying to turn things around.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Sun May 09, 2021 7:51 pm  

User avatarSchunter wrote:
Schunter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 4860
PopTart wrote:
Exactly.

And really when you say... To be fair..... You are actually saying, to be factually correct.
I could copy that to every thread at the moment. There are so many made up stats and facts just posted to back up a reactive opinion.


To be fair most opinions on Chester have had a long time to ferment, they're hardly reactive!!
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2625
What planet does Chester live on because apparently our new scrum half is playing better due to the fact that we have Woods playing again. He may be but unfortunately it does not change the fact that we continue to lose.
I wonder if a question regarding Chester will be allowed tomorrow or will they be filtered out in favour of something more comfortable. I know what you are going to say but no I am not going to ask anything because I have found that when questions are pre submitted they tend to be heavily filtered and it does not allow any follow up.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Mon May 10, 2021 6:07 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31280
Location: Poodle Power!
Schunter wrote:
To be fair most opinions on Chester have had a long time to ferment, they're hardly reactive!!



Have to agree there, I’ve not given up yet but it’s definitely not knee jerk reactions by most, if only it was.

I’ll say it again sport is not a business as the proposed football super league has just discovers, it’s mainly opinions and emotions. So you have to accept people will get reactive very quickly and our case is hardly quick I’m afraid.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Mon May 10, 2021 10:33 am  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
Just watching he game where we battered hull in 2018.

We really do miss a hooker who does the basics well like Randel. Don’t think we ever replaced him. Efficient distribution, knew when to run and steal the yards, strong in D and a good step out prior to a pass to put players on the front foot. With these new 6 again rules and the pace of the game speeding up I can’t imagine how successful a 9 like Randell could have been.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2308
Location: Tomorrowland
PopTart wrote:
Exactly.

And really when you say... To be fair..... You are actually saying, to be factually correct.
I could copy that to every thread at the moment. There are so many made up stats and facts just posted to back up a reactive opinion.


What are these made up stats and facts? I bet you would struggle to name one.

In terms of been reactive, of course these opinions are reactive, that's not to say they are knee jerk, they are reactive to 3 years of poor results and poor performances but they are also proactive in terms of thinking about the clubs future and how we can make things better, although some opinions may differ, I`m not sure why anyone on here wouldn`t want the best for the club, some posters see Chester as the problem, some don`t it`s as simple as that.

For me Battye was our best player by the way when he first come in, you can accuse that of been a false fact but it`s just an opinion, he didn`t have much to compete with at the time in terms of performances though and he was a big reason in the upturn in performances IMO. I don`t though think it`s fair to say he hasn`t been up to standard, he has just returned from injury and I think he will regain his previous form, he is that type of player that never really has a bad game imo.
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Mon May 10, 2021 11:09 am  

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 811
Location: Wakefield
I personally think this can be all sorted if we donate some Moroccan hash to the club.
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Mon May 10, 2021 11:21 am  

BackSeatCoach Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Posts: 40
Trojan Horse wrote:
Just watching he game where we battered hull in 2018.

We really do miss a hooker who does the basics well like Randel. Don’t think we ever replaced him. Efficient distribution, knew when to run and steal the yards, strong in D and a good step out prior to a pass to put players on the front foot. With these new 6 again rules and the pace of the game speeding up I can’t imagine how successful a 9 like Randell could have been.



No surprise we are where we are...
Re: Change ASAP before more money is spent Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31280
Location: Poodle Power!
BackSeatCoach wrote:
No surprise we are where we are...


JK used to say you can never have too many pivot players and I've always believed that. You need grafters, speed, size utility but none are any good without brains.

All the above can in an injury situation be replaced in the short term by youngsters or loan players, all except the pivots.

Youngsters can't replace an experienced playmaker whilst other teams rarely have pivots of any quality to loan out.

It is our pivots who have copped more injuries than you'd expect over the last two years, most notably in the hooking role. So maybe instead of signing more back rowers, we should perhaps have signed another hooker, maybe though I'm not convinced if I'm honest it would have saved us this poor start.

So let's be honest instead of looking for scapegoats we have really been crippled by injuries, any fair-minded person can see that. Could CC have handled it better? Maybe but nobody on here knows the true story and frankly I wish the touchline coached would just shut up for a while. Be disappointed, want CC sacked if you must but don't make out you know better because you don't. Some of you sound like those prats who read the papers and claim how to win a war without ever having worn a uniform let alone fought a war.

So for the record

K Wood, just finding form after injury
J Wood injured after 2 games
Miller out after game 4
Hampshire out after game 4
Mason fit for now

That's three of your five main pivots out and some of you don't think that affects a small club like ours? Get a grip.

So would sacking CC turn it around, might, might not. Is CC a great coach, not looking good at present I'll accept? Has he suffered some grievous blows, definitely and ones that would stuff most coaches?

Stop moaning and start supporting, who knows it might actually help. Obviously, that won't apply to a few on here who purely wish to moan so I wouldn't want to stop them enjoying the thing in life that brings them the most joy. :ROCKS:
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1873, 60sCat, AMI, ball-in-hand, basher11, charlie, dboy, jonh, KevW60349, lampyboy, Luppylad, LyndsayGill, madcat, Nisus Wettus, sandcat20, Scarlet Pimpernell, Schunter, Trinity 61, Trinity1964, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 202 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,1221,76178,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
Fri 30th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Wests16-18NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 20 Brisbane37-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 29th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Sydney28-0Parramatta
SLRND: 16 Catalans40-20Wakefield
SL RND: 16 Hull FC12-22Leeds
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 18 529 378 151 22
Cronulla 18 370 418 -48 16
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
 
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
Gold Coast 18 426 478 -52 14
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 18 236 566 -330 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 15 459 246 213 28 186.59 93.33
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 13 298 237 61 15 125.74 57.69
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X