May 03 200519 years224th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Nov 22 09:4424th Nov 22 09:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 8:54 am  
One of the interesting comments from Michael was that in the past he has made errors in agreeing signings, based on the noise coming from the fans. He didn't say which players obviously, but clearly felt that he had signed contracts with his heart rather than his head.
Also the one signing that apparently caused the biggest uproar is now the one that we're most desperate to keep -Westerman.

As has been said we, more than most, have to be confident that any signings and the length and value of contract is worth the money. It's not something we can afford to get wrong very often and Michael seemed to indicate that he thought we had done that a few times in recent years.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35941
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 16:0124th Apr 24 16:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 9:14 am  
Fordy wrote:
One of the interesting comments from Michael was that in the past he has made errors in agreeing signings, based on the noise coming from the fans. He didn't say which players obviously, but clearly felt that he had signed contracts with his heart rather than his head.
Also the one signing that apparently caused the biggest uproar is now the one that we're most desperate to keep -Westerman.

As has been said we, more than most, have to be confident that any signings and the length and value of contract is worth the money. It's not something we can afford to get wrong very often and Michael seemed to indicate that he thought we had done that a few times in recent years.

For me, that is where the JK influence was paramount, that for me is where we miss JK. Tactically I don't think JK was a genius and his methods were probably dated but he couldn't half spot true potential often in the most unlikely places.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20237
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 22:1225th Apr 24 22:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 9:24 am  
vastman wrote:
For me, that is where the JK influence was paramount, that for me is where we miss JK. Tactically I don't think JK was a genius and his methods were probably dated but he couldn't half spot true potential often in the most unlikely places.

Spot and was able to develop it too.

I'm glad he realises he needs to stop listening to fans on stuff like that. Feedback about stadium, by all means. Players.... No.

I remember being a very lone voice at Westerman's first game for us.
We need to keep players like him.
Same as Lyne. Same as BJB. Same to be honest as Grix. Plenty of fan opinion. They turned out to be players we miss or in Lyne's case players who prove people wrong over and over.

Obviously that only stands for everyone else. He should listen to me :)
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 10:54 am  
PopTart wrote:

I'm glad he realises he needs to stop listening to fans on stuff like that. Feedback about stadium, by all means. Players.... No.

Same as Lyne. Same as BJB. Same to be honest as Grix. Plenty of fan opinion. They turned out to be players we miss or in Lyne's case players who prove people wrong over and over.

It's taken me years but one thing I'm absolutely certain of now is that these forums generate endless loads of crap, some of it my own. I wouldn't mind but time after time they are wrong. Every new signing is crap or a reject or too old, yet somehow we have managed to stay in SL on a Championship budget. If you listened to the 'fan' experts we would have signed virtually none of our best players. The most recent was Eddie Batty, nowhere near SL standard plodder, six weeks later the same experts were demanding we sign him full time. Never learn and never admit they were wrong.

I especially love the 'experts' who probably run an under 11's or once had a trial for Batley claim they know more than the incumbent coach. The coach who has daily contact with all players and staff and was also a top player himself, will someone tell me where this gift can be acquired?
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4145
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years207th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 13:2716th Mar 24 09:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 11:15 am  
The potential for no booze is the most worrying aspect for me. Imagine having to watch Trinity whilst sober.......
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 11:19 am  
charlie wrote:
The potential for no booze is the most worrying aspect for me. Imagine having to watch Trinity whilst sober.......

I always have done, I used to smoke like a chimney but never drank. No judgement just doesn't do it for me.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6150No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200419 years32nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:4826th Apr 24 06:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 1:20 pm  
PopTart wrote:
vastman wrote:

Definitely would benefit on not listening to fans when considering contracts.

Personally I think Westerman has been good for us however I disagree he’s a must keep. He will be 32 before the years out will be looking for for a contract to see out his last few years and I honestly think it’s money we could better use elsewhere. I don’t think we have the luxury of competing for his signature when we have other position priorities to sort. Look at a Kirmond etc. Stayed a few year too late and he wasn’t anywhere near the player he was in his last few years. It’s a risk we don’t need to take just because a player is showing good form for 6/7 games.

Arona is already here next season and is a good standard 13. We already have a 13 for next year. He’s doing a decent job at prop but he’s clearly a 13 and that’s where he should play next season. We were fine without Westy and will be again.

We need to be smart with what little we have.
phe13 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 05 20186 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 21:3018th Apr 24 15:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 4:05 pm  
Luppylad wrote:
Also dont get why there looking for a second rower...first of all we are after a prop in AF which prob wont happen, then we play our best sr at prop while we have 3 props on bench.

If we loose Westie and Arona goes to 13, then we are another prop down.

I'm sure last night MC referred to us wanting a hooker and another fullback for next season. I may be putting 2+2 to make 73, but we currently have 2 loan players with us in those positions.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11801No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 23:5623rd Apr 24 16:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 4:28 pm  
Trojan Horse wrote:

Personally I think Westerman has been good for us however I disagree he’s a must keep. He will be 32 before the years out will be looking for for a contract to see out his last few years and I honestly think it’s money we could better use elsewhere. I don’t think we have the luxury of competing for his signature when we have other position priorities to sort. Look at a Kirmond etc. Stayed a few year too late and he wasn’t anywhere near the player he was in his last few years. It’s a risk we don’t need to take just because a player is showing good form for 6/7 games.

Arona is already here next season and is a good standard 13. We already have a 13 for next year. He’s doing a decent job at prop but he’s clearly a 13 and that’s where he should play next season. We were fine without Westy and will be again.

Be interesting to know what players he was referring to. Because a lot of fans were questioning the signings of the likes of Brough and Atkins, not advocating them.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6150No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200419 years32nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:4826th Apr 24 06:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

Re: Tonight’s zoom meeting : Tue May 11, 2021 8:17 pm  
Willzay wrote:
Trojan Horse wrote:

Be interesting to know what players he was referring to. Because a lot of fans were questioning the signings of the likes of Brough and Atkins, not advocating them.

I just watched some of it and I believe he was referring to players he signed long term off the back of the successful 2018 season. That would lead me to believe he’s talking about Ashurst/Tupou/Miller. Though there’s no denying the kirmo, brough, Atkins set us back somewhat.

I was suprised that MC is prioritising a SR signing. Considering that we have Tanginoa and this season signed Pitts till he’s 48 years old. There is Batch and Ashurst out of contract though. I would retain Batch and actually prefer him to Pitts who I’ve yet to see run a good line of break a tackle.

One things for certain that recruitment needs to be heaps better going forward.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
24m
Josh Drinkwater
Trojan Horse
27m
Shopping list for 2025